• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
So how we use it what works what not if i wont to flash new rom what i need to wipe?
So you would just boot it and use as is I'm guessing?

My only query about this would be that if we can only boot it then we're still tied to a computer, being able to use only your phone to download, wipe and install ROMs on the fly would be the end game.

So where could we install it?

Fastboot flash recovery ./twrp.img

??

Reactions: Lycidias

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 7 Pro
So you would just boot it and use as is I'm guessing?

My only query about this would be that if we can only boot it then we're still tied to a computer, being able to use only your phone to download, wipe and install ROMs on the fly would be the end game.

So where could we install it?

Fastboot flash recovery ./twrp.img

??
I've been able to flash it fine. In aicp, I reboot to twrp no issues

Fishawy

Mar 26, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 9 Pro
Cheers @dladz

Guys, I'm trying to revive a very dead 8 Pro. Mounting the storage in TWRP fails for some weird reason, and when I try adb sideload a stock ROM, the attached happens even after a couple of reboots into recovery.

Any idea?

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-27_20-55-05.jpg
    photo_2021-09-27_20-55-05.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
As a side note to @Fishawy

His phones currently in a state where he cannot boot to edl mode, fastboot mode doesn't allow flashing of critical partitions for some reason.

His bootloader is unlocked and he's trying to get the OS back, I suggested twrp as a means to get the OS back.

It's it possible to flash anything with twrp at this point?

Mounting the device as storage to a pc doesn't seem to work yet.

Reactions: Fishawy

Top Liked Posts

followed this, flashed it, then looked below and BOOM don't flash the recovery. phone only boots to dump mode

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT AFTER?!

lost my vids, realizing they didn't back up, rip
    This is for android 10 ONLY. You must not have anything android 11 related installed on your phone. BOTH slots MUST be android 10
    And the dev abandoned this thread. That's why there is a new thread open for A11 by another dev
    [Thread only slightly(?!) cleaned]

Xda drama never ends :coffee:
    Word! 🤪

But in all seriousness, please try to respect each other. Though I believe you already are, at least on some level. We're just people, we'll bicker from time to time, that's just fine. And I'm quite convinced that an 18-month old thread can take some off topic talk. Unless @mauronofrio asks us to remove the OT, I don't see any reason why we should. However! Do not post a link to a ROM in a TWRP thread and do not directly insult someone. Those – and only those – have been edited out. I think that's fair.
    15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    Read more...
    @dladz @chrcol From my perspective it's just a silly misunderstanding. Please don't linger on "no YOU stay polite" or you'll be at it for days, forgetting what it was about in the first place. Not worth it. I think the world is getting plenty of negative judgment as it is. Let's be different from mainstream social media and show some (tech) love instead.

Thank you all for your kindness and have an amazing day on XDA! Hah, that rhymes!
    Oh and please don't discuss this announcement here, I'll be happy to answer your questions/remarks(/compliments? 😬) privately (click).

Timmy
    Forum Moderator
    Xda drama never ends :coffee:
    Thanks, there is another evox thread in oneplus 8 pro section which is closed, and as I have a one plus 8 pro that is the section I would naturally check?

Please try to stay polite.
    I am polite, maybe check out one of my many threads where I have spent many many days and weeks helping people to get rooted, unlock their bootloader or install a mod.

Perhaps look properly next time, as I said before trying to make me look stupid.

Politeness I agree with, you should do the same.
    followed this, flashed it, then looked below and BOOM don't flash the recovery. phone only boots to dump mode

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT AFTER?!

lost my vids, realizing they didn't back up, rip
    This is for android 10 ONLY. You must not have anything android 11 related installed on your phone. BOTH slots MUST be android 10
    And the dev abandoned this thread. That's why there is a new thread open for A11 by another dev
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    - TWRP boots;
    - Fastboot boot is working;
    - Decryption is working.
    - Vibration is working.
    - System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is working but you can't modify them.
    - You can flash magisk and others kernels.
    - You can flash ROMs.
    - Format Data works.

NOT WORKING:
    - ANDROID 11 support
    - Backup Restore
    - Fastbootd
    - System and vendor image flash

Install guide (Reccomended):
    Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
    To flash:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
    If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
    For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
    TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.4.0-1 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-10 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-10 Test Installer by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-8 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-7 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-4 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-4 Test Installer by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-2 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-1 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle_TWRP
    Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
    https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
    I want to say a big thanks to the tester @Fentadroid

Created 2020-05-18
    Of course, however, the installer does not do it itself, I have to do it every time by hand so it is very uncomfortable. Then there is a partition because you want an installer, just find an app that allows you to flash the twrp in the recovery partition using root permissions

@mauronofrio thanks for providing us with a working TWRP. Here you get a little contribution from my side.

I created a generic installer which flash your TWRP image to both recovery slots. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=12420606652095398327
    This installer is flashable via Magisk, TWRP or Kernel Manager (Although the Kernel Manager might report failed, it actually does the job)

Feel free to use or modify this installer for any new TWRP versions.
    Currently you find the "twrp-3.3.1-test10-instantnoodle-unified-mauronofrio.img" in the zip installer root. In order to update the installer, simply delete the current twrp image and place your new image version there, update the installer zip name and you are done. The image could be named anything, but make sure the extention remains .img

if you stick to your decision to not further maintain an installer for this device, the update procedure is easy enough for users to do it themselves.
    I want to thank all those who supported me, in 2 days I have already managed to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro, I will receive it in about a week and then I will immediately get to work. I will remove the link of the Paypal moneybox and let it close by itself so as to keep it in the historical (it will close tomorrow). A big thank you to everyone.
    TWRP 3.4.0-2 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro (instantnoodle) by mauronofrio:
    Fixed the flash of some ROMs.

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio
    TWRP 3.4.0-0 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro (instantnoodle) by mauronofrio:
    Main changelog: https://twrp.me/site/update/2020/06/24/twrp-3.4.0-0-released.html

TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio