• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

Mchlbenner51

Dec 10, 2020
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Screenshot_2021-09-27-13-03-10.png

• Wow
Reactions: rodken and Lycidias

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
I on OnePlus 8 pro I have flashed the twrp and boots to twrp without a problem it does take a little for twrp to open up.
Fastboot flash recovery.
That the what I used to flash it I have not flashed anything yet. View attachment 5420167
same as me. takes like 40 seconds to boot but decrypts my pattern.

awesome fokin job lads

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
As far as what to/what not to restore, on a totally unrelated note, once upon a time I had two Axon 7 (actually, I still have them) One of them, while using a (unbeknownst to me) problematic build of TWRP, lost it's IMEI when I restored it's backup of persist. So for reciprocity's sake, I never try to restore persist. Took a couple of years for me to finally give up on restoring that one.

So now, Persist is the 1st thing I back up on a new to me device, even if it's a dd:if backup of persist.

The verbage has changed many times over the years as far as do's and don'ts of TWRP.

Critical partitions like that, I do try to backup, but as far as restoring, it's better to use the KISS and/or minimalist approach. It's good to have a backup. But it's better to have a clean, fresh, fully intact piece of firmware vs the ease of depending on the backup which may or may not be viable.

In this case today, I backed up recovery and everything else I could just in case I need some facet of it later. But as a practice, I tend to do system image and data for backups.

No one likes a brick. Or losing everything on internal storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycidias

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 7 Pro
As far as what to/what not to restore, on a totally unrelated note, once upon a time I had two Axon 7 (actually, I still have them) One of them, while using a (unbeknownst to me) problematic build of TWRP, lost it's IMEI when I restored it's backup of persist. So for reciprocity's sake, I never try to restore persist. Took a couple of years for me to finally give up on restoring that one.

So now, Persist is the 1st thing I back up on a new to me device, even if it's a dd:if backup of persist.

The verbage has changed many times over the years as far as do's and don'ts of TWRP.

Critical partitions like that, I do try to backup, but as far as restoring, it's better to use the KISS and/or minimalist approach. It's good to have a backup. But it's better to have a clean, fresh, fully intact piece of firmware vs the ease of depending on the backup which may or may not be viable.

In this case today, I backed up recovery and everything else I could just in case I need some facet of it later. But as a practice, I tend to do system image and data for backups.

Really the one thing that should be backed up to restore is system, data, kernel and vendor unless I am mistaken. I have never backed up

Reactions: kitcostantino

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

If efs still a thing? Back that up..

I've had the IMEI thing a few times. Sony z1 - just restored. Never had it with a OnePlus, Sammy - just used Odin.

Never had to do it myself but have read that the efs partition (least on the OnePlus 5) was used for restoring the IMEI.

Might have changed but thought I'd mention it

Reactions: rodken and Lycidias

Top Liked Posts