• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

Flash1337

Jan 24, 2013
Oh my, this is the best news, THANK YOU to the peeps behind this amazing project.
One question, is full wipe working for a total clean install, data & system ?

remix96

Nov 14, 2010
If i have oos stock installed only on one slot, rooted, can i use this recovery to just wipe everything and flash latest havoc?
And then, if i would, can i go back to stock by just restoring the backup?

Hugo_Sanchez

May 28, 2014
London
Wonder who 'll be the first to try it....I really hope it'd work. The fact that we have a (nearly a fully working) TWRP is amazing, credit to all those involved. Are you gonna give it a shot @dladz ? I remember you from the Huawei P20 Pro days....always sound advice from you :)

Reactions: dladz

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Wonder who 'll be the first to try it....I really hope it'd work. The fact that we have a (nearly a fully working) TWRP is amazing, credit to all those involved. Are you gonna give it a shot @dladz ? I remember you from the Huawei P20 Pro days....always sound advice from you :)
Redid my full backup this morning. Had no errors this time. If I'm not busy at work today, I did bring my hack pack of drives, etc to recover/replace my files. Hoping it's slow today in the medical equipment realm, but not holding my breath yet as these days, that's difficult to estimate. Most likely, I won't have to recover, but it's beat to expect the best plan for the worst.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-44.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-44.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-47.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-47.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-50.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-28-08-09-50.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 44

Hugo_Sanchez

May 28, 2014
London
Redid my full backup this morning. Had no errors this time. If I'm not busy at work today, I did bring my hack pack of drives, etc to recover/replace my files. Hoping it's slow today in the medical equipment realm, but not holding my breath yet as these days, that's difficult to estimate. Most likely, I won't have to recover, but it's beat to expect the best plan for the worst.
Thx @kitcostantino . Looking at @remix96 post 1547 - is that actually possible do you think?

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 8
Keep us posted on the restoring aspect as that is the deal breaker for a bunch of folks?

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Thx @kitcostantino . Looking at @remix96 post 1547 - is that actually possible do you think?
Not from OOS to Havoc. Even if restoring is functional, that one is a bad idea. I say that bc unless the rom is built exactly like stock OOS (which would negate many improvements of custom vs stock) all it takes are slight differences to wreak....Havoc. ;)

Reactions: Hugo_Sanchez

Hugo_Sanchez

May 28, 2014
London
Not from OOS to Havoc. Even if restoring is functional, that one is a bad idea. I say that bc unless the rom is built exactly like stock OOS (which would negate many improvements of custom vs stock) all it takes are slight differences to wreak....Havoc. ;)
Not that I have Havoc OS, still rocking on Stock OOS, but the chance to back up OOS and try different Custom ROMS would be awesome...just like the good ol' days. At least we have the ability to backup is amazing. Had to factory reset 2 weeks ago due to an issue and had to back up 1700+ photos with Dr Phone wondershare software (then realised it'd cost me £20 to restore to phone) due to losing functionality with phone.

remix96

Nov 14, 2010
Not that I have Havoc OS, still rocking on Stock OOS, but the chance to back up OOS and try different Custom ROMS would be awesome...just like the good ol' days. At least we have the ability to backup is amazing. Had to factory reset 2 weeks ago due to an issue and had to back up 1700+ photos with Dr Phone wondershare software (then realised it'd cost me £20 to restore to phone) due to losing functionality with phone.
So, instead with this twrp i can backup my stock oos and restore it only if i don't use any custom rom?
I am a bit noob of it, I only have it rooted but still on latest oos lmao

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
So, instead with this twrp i can backup my stock oos and restore it only if i don't use any custom rom?
I am a bit noob of it, I only have it rooted but still on latest oos lmao
Yes. Otherwise rom may not boot/ if boots you are going to have issues such as force closes, lagging etc. Only restore a backup if you are on the same rom.

• Love
Reactions: kitcostantino

Unn113

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
As far as I know custom roms use custom firmware, so restoring custom rom on stock and otherwise won't work untill firmwares match. I think it's possible to flash oos on top of custom rom, then restore backup and it should be fine, but it's only my theory.

Top Liked Posts