• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Evo X looks like it cannot even be downloaded so seems mute mentioning it here, thread is locked and all download links dont work.
What do you mean seems mute mentioning it here?? Oh dear.

What a pointless thing to say.

When I made that post the ROM was very much alive..and it still is.

[Mod edit] Link removed (off topic)

Perhaps check things out before trying to make someone look stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrcol

Jan 17, 2012
UK
What do you mean seems mute mentioning it here?? Oh dear.

What a pointless trying to say.

When I made that post the ROM was very much alive..and it still is.

[Mod edit] Link removed (off topic)

Perhaps check things out before trying to make someone look stupid.
Thanks, there is another evox thread in oneplus 8 pro section which is closed, and as I have a one plus 8 pro that is the section I would naturally check?

Please try to stay polite.

• Wow
Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Thanks, there is another evox thread in oneplus 8 pro section which is closed, and as I have a one plus 8 pro that is the section I would naturally check?

Please try to stay polite.
I am polite, maybe check out one of my many threads where I have spent many many days and weeks helping people to get rooted, unlock their bootloader or install a mod.

Perhaps look properly next time, as I said before trying to make me look stupid.

Politeness I agree with, you should do the same.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
You must have a different definition of polite than most.

Yes, I fully expect this comment to get mod deleted, and I hope the rest of this OT thread and your misunderstanding of the word polite with it.

• Wow
Reactions: dladz

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
[Thread only slightly(?!) cleaned]

Xda drama never ends :coffee:
Word! 🤪

But in all seriousness, please try to respect each other. Though I believe you already are, at least on some level. We're just people, we'll bicker from time to time, that's just fine. And I'm quite convinced that an 18-month old thread can take some off topic talk. Unless @mauronofrio asks us to remove the OT, I don't see any reason why we should. However! Do not post a link to a ROM in a TWRP thread and do not directly insult someone. Those – and only those – have been edited out. I think that's fair.
15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
Read more...
@dladz @chrcol From my perspective it's just a silly misunderstanding. Please don't linger on "no YOU stay polite" or you'll be at it for days, forgetting what it was about in the first place. Not worth it. I think the world is getting plenty of negative judgment as it is. Let's be different from mainstream social media and show some (tech) love instead.

Thank you all for your kindness and have an amazing day on XDA! Hah, that rhymes!
Oh and please don't discuss this announcement here, I'll be happy to answer your questions/remarks(/compliments? 😬) privately (click).

Timmy
Forum Moderator

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011
followed this, flashed it, then looked below and BOOM don't flash the recovery. phone only boots to dump mode

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT AFTER?!

lost my vids, realizing they didn't back up, rip

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 6T
followed this, flashed it, then looked below and BOOM don't flash the recovery. phone only boots to dump mode

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT AFTER?!

lost my vids, realizing they didn't back up, rip
This is for android 10 ONLY. You must not have anything android 11 related installed on your phone. BOTH slots MUST be android 10
And the dev abandoned this thread. That's why there is a new thread open for A11 by another dev

Last edited:
Reactions: wkv2101

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011
This is for android 10 ONLY. You must not have anything android 11 related installed on your phone. BOTH slots MUST be android 10
And the dev abandoned this thread. That's why there is a new thread open for A11 by another dev
ohhhh, that makes sense, my phone is fixed, even if i lost all my stuff, thank you! i was pretty mad at the time

masterxc7

Aug 15, 2021
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Features:
- TWRP boots;
- Fastboot boot is working;
- Decryption is working.
- Vibration is working.
- System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is working but you can't modify them.
- You can flash magisk and others kernels.
- You can flash ROMs.
- Format Data works.

NOT WORKING:
- ANDROID 11 support
- Backup Restore
- Fastbootd
- System and vendor image flash

Install guide (Reccomended):
Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
To flash:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

To boot:
Code:
fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio

TWRP 3.4.0-2 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-1 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.4.0-0 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-10 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-10 Test Installer by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-8 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-7 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-4 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-4 Test Installer by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-2 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-1 Test by mauronofrio
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio

Reccomended ADB and Fastboot binaries:

Adb and Fastboot Installer

Source code:
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle_TWRP
Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
I want to say a big thanks to the tester @Fentadroid

Created 2020-05-18
Can I use this with Android 11 when I boot it with fastboot. Or are there other Options for the OnePlus 8 to install Magisk and custom ROMs?

Top Liked Posts