[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
Flashed on both slots via fastboot, works great 👍.

Removed lockscreen pin-code and took a full backup of my current OOS 11, without errors. With lockscreen pin-code, it decrypted the storage, but with an error: "Failed to decrypt user 999".

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
The thing is, no one truly knows who Infected is. Lossyx said the person is using his tree and bigbiffs tree but is not giving credit. Nebrassy said he isn't even involved in the 8 series twrp

i'll push the device tree in a bit.

big thanks for the work @bigbiff

regards.

i think i gave credits to @bigbiff, but i forgot @Lossyx

sorry.

if it's open source code and its available on github from anyone to use, what's the issue? don't understand your statement..

never said it was my code, or i'm taking credits for code that i have not written...

i'll open a new thread if that's ok with @bigbiff and @Lossyx

regards.

EDIT. after talking with bigbiff and lossyx on zulip-chat, i'll open a new thread.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
i think i gave credits to @bigbiff, but i forgot @Lossyx

sorry.

if it's open source code and its available on github from anyone to use, what's the issue? don't understand your statement..

never said it was my code, or i'm taking credits for code that i have not written...

i'll open a new thread if that's ok with @bigbiff and @Lossyx

regards.

EDIT. after talking with bigbiff and lossyx on zulip-chat, i'll open a new thread.

You didn't have to talk to bigbiff and lossux. It's open source and XDA requires credit. That's all.

Edit: By the way, did you build this TWRP in Android 11 environment? If yes, did you have to remove a bunch of Android 11 sources or it worked without removal?

deepongi

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
You didn't have to talk to bigbiff and lossux. It's open source and XDA requires credit. That's all.

Edit: By the way, did you build this TWRP in Android 11 environment? If yes, did you have to remove a bunch of Android 11 sources or it worked without removal?
i've used minimal aosp manifest, it's on twrp's github, i think.

Jonas2802

Aug 17, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
To me it's better in every respect.

You get all the bells and whistles of a custom ROM but you get to keep the most important parts of OOS.

The camera and feature like extended screen shots.

Plus Magisk hide works from the off.

The dev has done an amazing job with it and continues to do so.
so amybe I'm a little late, but the Evo X Rom is a Custom Rom and not based on OOS. I'm jsut confused because of the "... keep the most important parts of OOS :D

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
so amybe I'm a little late, but the Evo X Rom is a Custom Rom and not based on OOS. I'm jsut confused because of the "... keep the most important parts of OOS :D
Also bare in mind that before the OOS camera was integrated ( massive thanks to the people responsible for that )

The built in camera app was shocking, slow motion, portrait not working and crashing all the time, it was bad.. Now it's got the best of both worlds

Jonas2802

Aug 17, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Definitely, its a beast. Even has the crt of animation, useless but you'd miss it if it wasn't there :D
Haha great how we talk about a ROM in the TWRP Thread ^^. But is there a way to keep my data and not wiping my internal storage. Or can I install Evo X on Slot B and keep OOS on Slot A. I guess I'm still not fully into the A/B partition thing.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Haha great how we talk about a ROM in the TWRP Thread ^^. But is there a way to keep my data and not wiping my internal storage. Or can I install Evo X on Slot B and keep OOS on Slot A. I guess I'm still not fully into the A/B partition thing.
Probably best to ask in thread now mate.

;)

If no one answers I'll answer.

The OP should offer everything you need to know plus my guide on #76

Reactions: Jonas2802

chrcol

Jan 17, 2012
UK
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
do backups and restore work properly if data is left in encrypted state?

on my oneplus6 I had to disable encryption for twrp backups to work, but hopefully this is no longer an issue now.

chrcol

Jan 17, 2012
UK
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Seriously can somebody update the OP??

This could have been solved long ago..

Now we have a working TWRP people are going to find this out and go straight to the OP safe in the knowledge they've learned and flash it..

It's a quick fix, update the OP.
Ok I am confused, apparently the newer TWRP is working, and the older has problems.

I am not interested in android 11 which to me rules out the newer TWRP.

Is the TWRP in the OP for android 10 fully working or is there something I need to look out for, is 80 pages of posts so ideally I dont want to read them all.

Thank you.

--

Just reread the OP and he explains backup/restore broken, also read about swift backup though so maybe that served as a replacement.

A shame the new TWRP is A11 only.

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Evo X looks like it cannot even be downloaded so seems mute mentioning it here, thread is locked and all download links dont work.
What do you mean seems mute mentioning it here?? Oh dear.

What a pointless thing to say.

When I made that post the ROM was very much alive..and it still is.

[Mod edit] Link removed (off topic)

Perhaps check things out before trying to make someone look stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts