[TWRP] [3.5.0_9-0] [UNOFFICIAL] [XPERIA Z1]

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
How to install:
  • Make sure that you have unlocked bootloader of your device
  • Download TWRP for Xperia Z1
  • I recommend all you to download the latest version
  • Flash via Rashr, Flashify, Flashfire, adb or terminal emulator (rooted required)
  • Via fastboot command:
    fastboot flash FOTAKernel twrp_<version>.img
  • Update from older version: flash via TWRP > Install Image > Recovery partition

Note:
  • The system-as-root version is used for Android Q rom, don't use it for Android P & below
  • We can use normal version for Android Q , but it may not work properly with system-as-root in some case
  • OpenGapps for Android 9.0 & below are not compatible with twrp 3.4.0. In this case, use previous twrp version instead

How to boot into TWRP:
  • Method 1: turn off the device, press and hold both volume down and power, after the phone vibrate, release all key.
  • Method 2: (only available on some custom roms), turn off the device and power on or restart it, when LED light turn Pink/Purple (or other colors), press volume up or volume down button for a couple of times until the TWRP is displayed.
Device tree for building TWRP

Last edited:

BLiapis

Dec 20, 2009
I too cant update to 3.0.2 or to your updated version for the life of me.
Im on stock 5.1.1, rooted, supersu installed, BL u/l and dual recovery installed (twrp version 2.8.7.0)

Although it displays that the installation (via adb fastboot) is successful, when i reboot into recovery, i still have the old TWRP. Using power+ up-volume gets me into CWM recovery.

Any ideas? Im flumbusted!

Last edited:

legendstarspro

Feb 7, 2018
I too cant update to 3.0.2 or to your updated version for the life of me.
Im on stock 5.1.1, rooted, supersu installed, BL u/l and dual recovery installed (twrp version 2.8.7.0)

Although it displays that the installation (via adb fastboot) is successful, when i reboot into recovery, i still have the old TWRP. Using power+ up-volume gets me into CWM recovery.

Any ideas? Im flumbusted!
Uninstall dual recovery then you can boot to this recovery

Reactions: BLiapis