• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [TWRP][3.5.2-11][dre8t][WIP] Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Search This thread

lazydude

Oct 4, 2007
I got 0.2.0 installed on DE2117 (11.0.0.0.DE17AA). TWRP seems to be working fine but I cannot reboot to system anymore. Getting just black screen. In this state it still responds to adb commands.

Any ideas how to get the phone working again.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
I'm about to root 5 N200s, and the one step I don't know how to do is to extract my rooted boot.img from the first of the 5, so I can simply flash that instead of needing to use TWRP to flash Magisk. (This will save me some time).

Can someone point me to where I can learn to that?

alarmdude9

Oct 24, 2010
Summerville
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
I'm about to root 5 N200s, and the one step I don't know how to do is to extract my rooted boot.img from the first of the 5, so I can simply flash that instead of needing to use TWRP to flash Magisk. (This will save me some time).

Can someone point me to where I can learn to that?
There is a thread on here, I believe it is the one for magisk, that has the pre patched boot in it. It's the one I used.

can you? if you find a compatible GSI ... yes

has anyone done it officially and publicly wrote instructions on how to put a GSI on the N200? Not as of the time of this writing.
IMG_20210914_165020_597.jpg

which one of these architecture does the n200 use?

AiM2LeaRn

Aug 11, 2021
View attachment 5409737
which one of these architecture does the n200 use?
if thats from the actual stock DSU (your using the stock manufacture firmware) then you can use any of them as it only shows compatible images. I would reccomend that you be sure to be BOTH fully network (a.k.a. Sim) unlocked and bootloader unlocked if thats from the stock DSU list of options. If nots NOT from the stock firmware and you found those elsewhere i would advise that you fully know what you are doing. Keep in mind if you are doing it from the DSU it is only temporary as its meant for a "test" environment and the DSU image will revert back to the orginal manufacture rom after reboot.

if thats from the actual stock DSU (your using the stock manufacture firmware) then you can use any of them as it only shows compatible images. I would reccomend that you be sure to be BOTH fully network (a.k.a. Sim) unlocked and bootloader unlocked if thats from the stock DSU list of options. If nots NOT from the stock firmware and you found those elsewhere i would advise that you fully know what you are doing.
This is from dotos's website, i have flashed their gsis and it has worked great with other devices.

AiM2LeaRn

Aug 11, 2021
N200 ships from the manufacturer with both A and B partitioning comes with ARM64 OS and most ARM64 software usually (but not always) tends to be backwards compatible with standard legacy ARM 32Bit software although 32bit wouldn't be a preferred architecture to use by most now a days.

@StopLookingAtMyPic if you happen to successfully load it permanently onto the N200, please do share your experience and instructions with the community.

Last edited:
N200 ships from the manufacturer with both A and B partitioning comes with ARM64 OS and most ARM64 software usually (but not always) tends to be backwards compatible with standard legacy ARM 32Bit software although 32bit wouldn't be a preferred architecture to use by most now a days.

@StopLookingAtMyPic if you happen to successfully load it permanently onto the N200, please do share your experience and instructions with the community.
Ok, i will share my experience when i do.

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
After installing this TWRP using the instructions, now when I boot my phone to fastboot made it doesn't give me fastboot, it just boots directly to TWRP.

Is this a known bug or error?

summersofar

Sep 13, 2021
Would anyone know why this TWRP image would not appear rooted to the system? A Magisk patched version of stock boot does work though. What am I missing?

Edit: Got it working. The Magisk flashing took a few tries for some reason.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
So has user decryption been solved or not yet

ddr automatic detection failed.

Unfortunately. i thought i could use twrp to flash a stock rom zip. this is not possible. i think im either doing it wrong, or twrp is just not able to currently. i really hope you didnt give up on this recovery. i really hope we get the full twrp feature set im waiting patiently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer:​

Code:
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning: This build is still WIP in early stages. I posted this version so everyone can at least flash magisk and other standard zips without too much hassle. Expect bugs and possibly other unexpected behaviors, especially if you attempt to use any features not listed below. Currently working on encryption and getting the other TWRP features online.

=========

Update (10/14/2021): I am taking a hiatus from this unofficial TWRP build. With that being said, you are welcome to fork the device tree at the bottom of the post or submit PRs. I may continue working on this when I have more time, but I'm sure another experienced developer will be able to pick up and accomplish what I had trouble with before.

=========

What Works:

* Booting to TWRP.
    * Installing ZIPs.
    * System, Product, Vendor, ODM, opluslog, Metadata, Persist, modem.
    * a/b slot
    * sdcard

What doesn't work:​

* userdata decryption. Requires forceencrypt disabler.
    * Backup for any partition besides Super.
    * Restore
    * Factory Reset
    * CPU temperature

Downloads:​

0.2.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664790178
    0.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664789523

Installation:​

1. Run
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . This will not boot you to twrp, but you should see the device boot to system successfully. If it boots properly, run adb reboot bootloader. If it bootloops or freezes, STOP. Leave your model number in the comments and force reboot your device.

2. Run
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    to get your current active partition slot. If it's A, then run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . If it's B, run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_b twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img

3. Run
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to get back to the system

This release is built w/ the stock kernel (5.4.61-qgki-gf8e532b).

Source
    Manifest: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_aosp
    Device Tree: https://github.com/EnumC/android-OnePlusN200TMO-TWRP
    Pull requests to the device tree are welcome!
    i replied to your post in the other thread, perhaps maybe this can help with decryption/encryption .... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rooting-stock-firmware-w-magisk.4321575/#post-85504141

Enumc, thanks for the contribution and your time
    First, thank you @EnumC great work. Second, anyone know how would I go about installing a zip if TWRP can't see anything in downloads and can't see the SD card. TIA
    Push to /tmp or /sdcard.
    Tried out new build of TRWP, everything worked fine.
    Cool. So what should I do now if I want to flash Magisk? Wait for your 0.3.0 version?
    Flash it! If you have an SD card, then put the zip in the SD card, and flash from /sdcard-1. If not, connect it to your computer and run "adb push yourmagisk.zip /tmp" and flash from /tmp.