• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [TWRP][3.5.2-11][dre8t][WIP] Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Search This thread

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
So has user decryption been solved or not yet

ddr automatic detection failed.

Unfortunately. i thought i could use twrp to flash a stock rom zip. this is not possible. i think im either doing it wrong, or twrp is just not able to currently. i really hope you didnt give up on this recovery. i really hope we get the full twrp feature set im waiting patiently.
Can you please provide the twrp.log and a full logcat while still in twrp after attempting to flash the zip?

To pull twrp.log, run `adb pull /tmp/recovery.log`
To pull logcat, run `adb logcat -d > logcat.txt`

Sep 17, 2021
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Can you please provide the twrp.log and a full logcat while still in twrp after attempting to flash the zip?

Is there a way to flash stock recovery back?

I had to msm tools my device back to stock because I didn't know what image belonged to recovery

Last edited by a moderator:

edale1

Sep 5, 2016
You know.... most forums severely frown upon double posting, Let alone quadruple posting...

Might I suggest simply editing the new line into your previous post the next time you have something else to say 30 seconds after posting something.

DLBtapS

Oct 13, 2021
@EnumC
1I tried 0.2.0 but my storage is weird.
1) I did not see internal storage.
2) SD card (0mb)

I am still able to boot into the system with no issue. Not sure if this is the issue for TWRP?
And I tried to reboot to the recovery. It says no OS installed? why?

MOUNT: "sdcard1" is checked.
but System is not checked. I manually checked it and rebooted. But when I go back in, SYSTEM is still unchecked.

And Recovery will be FROZEN once a while. Need to use Hard reboot to get out of Recovery mode.

Anything I did wrong? (was trying to flash Magisk from SD card).

Please advise. Thanks!
I am having the same issue. No /sdcard-1 mounting option, just sdcard 1. I have tried pushing to /sdcard but cannot flash (no such file or directory) Any help would be appreciated.

summersofar

Sep 13, 2021
Awesome, is there a guide for reverting to stock?
Take a look at my conversion guide and pull out the pieces that would be applicable to only flashing boot.img

Download the OTA, unpack it with payload dumper, and then flash the extracted boot.img.

This will remove root fyi.

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
I am having the same issue. No /sdcard-1 mounting option, just sdcard 1. I have tried pushing to /sdcard but cannot flash (no such file or directory) Any help would be appreciated.
I think the confusion here is that you're mixing up the mount path with the UI option in "Mount". You mount "sdcard 1" in the Mount menu, then the mounting point for your sdcard will be /sdcard-1, not /sdcard. Therefore, after mounting sdcard 1 in mount options, you can access your files on the first partition of your sd card under the /sdcard-1 directory. Does that help?

DLBtapS

Oct 13, 2021
Are you encountering any issues, besides the features listed under "What doesn't work"?
I think the confusion here is that you're mixing up the mount path with the UI option in "Mount". You mount "sdcard 1" in the Mount menu, then the mounting point for your sdcard will be /sdcard-1, not /sdcard. Therefore, after mounting sdcard 1 in mount options, you can access your files on the first partition of your sd card under the /sdcard-1 directory. Does that help?
Agree, I am confused :) sdcard 1 is checked in mount options but shows 0MB. How or where do I see this /sdcard-1?

summersofar

Sep 13, 2021
Are you encountering any issues, besides the features listed under "What doesn't work"?
As DLBtapS is stating all file system mounting is not functional. I'm not sure how your phone may be different, but it just is not working for us.

If all this build really provides is the ability to install zips (which again I was unable to do since I could not mount anything), the utility is very limited. Esp if you plan to rely in it for actual recoveryD purposes.

For the newbies, I would recommend editing your OP with UC examples of what your build can and cannot currently do.

Last edited:

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
Agree, I am confused :) sdcard 1 is checked in mount options but shows 0MB. How or where do I see this /sdcard-1?
When you press "Install", you are brought to a screen with directories. Select "/sdcard-1" among the list of directories to access your SD card's first partition. This will appear after you selected SD card 1 in the mounting options. Don't select "Choose storage" on any screen since that option is unused. After mounting, you can also access "/sdcard-1" via adb push or pull. If you encounter any issue with this, please provide the full log so I can troubleshoot.

DLBtapS

Oct 13, 2021
When you press "Install", you are brought to a screen with directories. Select "/sdcard-1" among the list of directories to access your SD card's first partition. This will appear after you selected SD card 1 in the mounting options. Don't select "Choose storage" on any screen since that option is unused. After mounting, you can also access "/sdcard-1" via adb push or pull. If you encounter any issue with this, please provide the full log so I can troubleshoot.

When I press install, there are no options to select "/sdcard-1". There is a directory "TWRP" that is empty

Would you mind posting command to push via adb and flash via fasboot?

I will try again this evening and post logs.

DLBtapS

Oct 13, 2021
You got me! Found /sdcard-1 in root. Installed magisk v23.0, Here pics of the install and root check. Looks like root did not take.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open magisk, then allow it to set itself up.

Disclaimer:​

Code:
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning: This build is still WIP in early stages. I posted this version so everyone can at least flash magisk and other standard zips without too much hassle. Expect bugs and possibly other unexpected behaviors, especially if you attempt to use any features not listed below. Currently working on encryption and getting the other TWRP features online.

=========

Update (10/14/2021): I am taking a hiatus from this unofficial TWRP build. With that being said, you are welcome to fork the device tree at the bottom of the post or submit PRs. I may continue working on this when I have more time, but I'm sure another experienced developer will be able to pick up and accomplish what I had trouble with before.

=========

What Works:

* Booting to TWRP.
    * Installing ZIPs.
    * System, Product, Vendor, ODM, opluslog, Metadata, Persist, modem.
    * a/b slot
    * sdcard

What doesn't work:​

* userdata decryption. Requires forceencrypt disabler.
    * Backup for any partition besides Super.
    * Restore
    * Factory Reset
    * CPU temperature

Downloads:​

0.2.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664790178
    0.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664789523

Installation:​

1. Run
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . This will not boot you to twrp, but you should see the device boot to system successfully. If it boots properly, run adb reboot bootloader. If it bootloops or freezes, STOP. Leave your model number in the comments and force reboot your device.

2. Run
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    to get your current active partition slot. If it's A, then run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . If it's B, run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_b twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img

3. Run
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to get back to the system

This release is built w/ the stock kernel (5.4.61-qgki-gf8e532b).

Source
    Manifest: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_aosp
    Device Tree: https://github.com/EnumC/android-OnePlusN200TMO-TWRP
    Pull requests to the device tree are welcome!
    i replied to your post in the other thread, perhaps maybe this can help with decryption/encryption .... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rooting-stock-firmware-w-magisk.4321575/#post-85504141

Enumc, thanks for the contribution and your time
    First, thank you @EnumC great work. Second, anyone know how would I go about installing a zip if TWRP can't see anything in downloads and can't see the SD card. TIA
    Push to /tmp or /sdcard.
    Tried out new build of TRWP, everything worked fine.
    Cool. So what should I do now if I want to flash Magisk? Wait for your 0.3.0 version?
    Flash it! If you have an SD card, then put the zip in the SD card, and flash from /sdcard-1. If not, connect it to your computer and run "adb push yourmagisk.zip /tmp" and flash from /tmp.