Development [DISCONTINUED][TWRP][3.5.2-11][dre8t][WIP] Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus Nord N200 5G

Search This thread

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T

***​

This is an unofficial and early build of TWRP that has not been updated since 2021. If you want a functional custom recovery, get the official LineageOS Recovery from the LineageOS Thread.​

***​

Disclaimer:​

Code:
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning: This build is still WIP in early stages. I posted this version so everyone can at least flash magisk and other standard zips without too much hassle. Expect bugs and possibly other unexpected behaviors, especially if you attempt to use any features not listed below. Currently working on encryption and getting the other TWRP features online.

=========

Update (10/14/2021): I am taking a hiatus from this unofficial TWRP build. With that being said, you are welcome to fork the device tree at the bottom of the post or submit PRs. I may continue working on this when I have more time, but I'm sure another experienced developer will be able to pick up and accomplish what I had trouble with before.

=========

What Works:

* Booting to TWRP.
* Installing ZIPs.
* System, Product, Vendor, ODM, opluslog, Metadata, Persist, modem.
* a/b slot
* sdcard

What doesn't work:​

* userdata decryption. Requires forceencrypt disabler.
* Backup for any partition besides Super.
* Restore
* Factory Reset
* CPU temperature

Downloads:​

0.2.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664790178
0.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664789523

Installation:​

1. Run
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
. This will not boot you to twrp, but you should see the device boot to system successfully. If it boots properly, run adb reboot bootloader. If it bootloops or freezes, STOP. Leave your model number in the comments and force reboot your device.

2. Run
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot
to get your current active partition slot. If it's A, then run
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
. If it's B, run
Code:
fastboot flash boot_b twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img

3. Run
Code:
fastboot reboot
to get back to the system

This release is built w/ the stock kernel (5.4.61-qgki-gf8e532b).

Source
Manifest: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_aosp
Device Tree: https://github.com/EnumC/android-OnePlusN200TMO-TWRP
Pull requests to the device tree are welcome!

Last edited:

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
First, thank you @EnumC great work. Second, anyone know how would I go about installing a zip if TWRP can't see anything in downloads and can't see the SD card. TIA
Added SD card support in 0.2.0 if you need to store larger files, Check the Mount tab and make sure sdcard 1 is checked, then it should be mounted under /sdcard-1/. If you have more than one partition, then it will show up as sdcard 2, 3, etc.

Please let me know if anything is not working correctly.

Link575

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Added SD card support in 0.2.0 if you need to store larger files, Check the Mount tab and make sure sdcard 1 is checked, then it should be mounted under /sdcard-1/. If you have more than one partition, then it will show up as sdcard 2, 3, etc.

Please let me know if anything is not working correctly.
Oh wow nice, I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know if I run into any issues. Thanks

ttar ttar

Apr 6, 2020
@EnumC
1I tried 0.2.0 but my storage is weird.
1) I did not see internal storage.
2) SD card (0mb)

I am still able to boot into the system with no issue. Not sure if this is the issue for TWRP?
And I tried to reboot to the recovery. It says no OS installed? why?

MOUNT: "sdcard1" is checked.
but System is not checked. I manually checked it and rebooted. But when I go back in, SYSTEM is still unchecked.

And Recovery will be FROZEN once a while. Need to use Hard reboot to get out of Recovery mode.

Anything I did wrong? (was trying to flash Magisk from SD card).

Please advise. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210821_180749.jpg
    20210821_180749.jpg
    965.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 20210821_180735.jpg
    20210821_180735.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 20210821_181317.jpg
    20210821_181317.jpg
    913.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
@EnumC
1I tried 0.2.0 but my storage is weird.
1) I did not see internal storage.
2) SD card (0mb)

I am still able to boot into the system with no issue. Not sure if this is the issue for TWRP?
And I tried to reboot to the recovery. It says no OS installed? why?

MOUNT: "sdcard1" is checked.
but System is not checked. I manually checked it and rebooted. But when I go back in, SYSTEM is still unchecked.

And Recovery will be FROZEN once a while. Need to use Hard reboot to get out of Recovery mode.

Anything I did wrong? (was trying to flash Magisk from SD card).

Please advise. Thanks!
That's mostly correct! When you mounted SD card 1, the mounting point is /sdcard-1. Don't press "Select Storage". When you mount anything, it mounts immediately -- no reboot needed. Ignore the "No OS Installed" warning, and don't reboot to Recovery from recovery. That causes freezing at the moment. userdata decryption is not working at the moment, so that's why you can't mount internal storage.

ttar ttar

Apr 6, 2020
That's mostly correct! When you mounted SD card 1, the mounting point is /sdcard-1. Don't press "Select Storage". When you mount anything, it mounts immediately -- no reboot needed. Ignore the "No OS Installed" warning, and don't reboot to Recovery from recovery. That causes freezing at the moment. userdata decryption is not working at the moment, so that's why you can't mount internal storage.
Cool. So what should I do now if I want to flash Magisk? Wait for your 0.3.0 version?

Link575

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@EnumC, while the SD was able to be seen, it had the same issue as internal storage where no files could be seen and had to be pushed. I just kinda assumed this was how it was supposed to be but if not then yea, it's not working right.

EnumC

Dec 22, 2014
Cupertino
enumc.com
TCL 10 5G
OnePlus 8T
I did not format it so I'd have to check what it is formatted for. It used to be in my Note 4 so I just took it out and put in this phone. System normally reads it fine. What format should it been in?
Preferably fat or exfat since those are the ones I've tested on my end. If that doesn't work, please run "adb logcat > twrp.log" and attach the file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

***​

This is an unofficial and early build of TWRP that has not been updated since 2021. If you want a functional custom recovery, get the official LineageOS Recovery from the LineageOS Thread.​

***​

Disclaimer:​

Code:
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Warning: This build is still WIP in early stages. I posted this version so everyone can at least flash magisk and other standard zips without too much hassle. Expect bugs and possibly other unexpected behaviors, especially if you attempt to use any features not listed below. Currently working on encryption and getting the other TWRP features online.

=========

Update (10/14/2021): I am taking a hiatus from this unofficial TWRP build. With that being said, you are welcome to fork the device tree at the bottom of the post or submit PRs. I may continue working on this when I have more time, but I'm sure another experienced developer will be able to pick up and accomplish what I had trouble with before.

=========

What Works:

* Booting to TWRP.
    * Installing ZIPs.
    * System, Product, Vendor, ODM, opluslog, Metadata, Persist, modem.
    * a/b slot
    * sdcard

What doesn't work:​

* userdata decryption. Requires forceencrypt disabler.
    * Backup for any partition besides Super.
    * Restore
    * Factory Reset
    * CPU temperature

Downloads:​

0.2.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664790178
    0.1.0: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664789523

Installation:​

1. Run
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . This will not boot you to twrp, but you should see the device boot to system successfully. If it boots properly, run adb reboot bootloader. If it bootloops or freezes, STOP. Leave your model number in the comments and force reboot your device.

2. Run
    Code:
    fastboot getvar current-slot
    to get your current active partition slot. If it's A, then run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img
    . If it's B, run
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_b twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img

3. Run
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to get back to the system

This release is built w/ the stock kernel (5.4.61-qgki-gf8e532b).

Source
    Manifest: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/platform_manifest_twrp_aosp
    Device Tree: https://github.com/EnumC/android-OnePlusN200TMO-TWRP
    Pull requests to the device tree are welcome!

These builds have an issue with being able to charge while in recovery (battery stats are not updated in recovery), and when the device dies, it will only charge via EDL mode) I do not recommend using these builds at this time for that reason. For temporary usage just to achieve a specific task and restore the previous boot image afterwards would be fine. If you need magisk, you need to use the magisk app to modify your stock boot image, and disable verity and verification (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img) which requires having the stock vbmeta.img

Here are my latest TWRP and OrangeFox recovery builds for N200.

DO NOT FASTBOOT FLASH THESE
    You'll have a bad experience and probably won't be able to boot back into your stock ROM until you switch back to a proper boot.img.

Fastboot boot the image then go to advanced settings and "install this TWRP/OrangeFox" (depending on which you're on)

I'm running 11.0.5.0.DE17AA N/A firmware (on my T-Mobile branded variant)

You must remove your lockscreen security (you can re-enable it when you're done in twrp).
    If you don't remove your password,pin,pattern,fingerprint you're not going to be able to access your data within recovery.

I'll upload my device tree later today and get threads made.
    For me, I can daily driver this to achieve anything I need custom recovery.

The build flags I set should support metro, T-Mobile, and unbranded/NA variant.

I have flashed the latest NA build from the OnePlus website with this project and it switched me from slot A to slot B in the process without an issue

If you encounter issues (aside from decryption because your have a password set), I'll do my best to resolve them
    This twrp build was abandoned and is very likely to cause issues. I would not base anything off this. If you are interested in building twrp of your project, I would suggest check out their resources for building.
    Yeah, I made this unstable build to root the phone initially. This was back when practically no development was available for this device.
    Since this thread keeps getting bumped to the front, I have added an additional disclaimer to the OP that points to the official LineageOS recovery. If anyone wants to take over this thread and the GitHub repo, feel free to PM me.
    Mod Edit├┤Quote removed├

Do not share my broken builds.
    There is a high priority bug with charging from 0% (and charging in recovery) that needs to be addressed before I promote it here again on XDA.

And it's definitely not stolen, the broken builds were made from trees for a moto device that I brought up from information obtained from the latest stock dump that I extracted and staged myself/fastboot commands/adb getprop and a few bits pulled from OnePlus 9 Pro after talking with the 9 Pro TWRP developer (Nebrassy) asking what he would suggest, and he suggested forking his entire tree as a base, which I also did not do for TWRP bringup.

There are sooo many boardconfig flags alone that are set properly in my tree that weren't event touched or present in EnumC's TWRP because he used a script to generate his base for TWRP. I tried the script and didn't like how minimal information was output, so I went the route suggested by ArtiicPanda to fork his personal Moto TWRP tree which is for a device on the same chipset, and use it for a base, upon analysis of the source I deemed this to be the cleanest base that I could use. I then stripped Motorola OEM specific code, substituted with alternatives for either CAF (Qualcomm) source for our specific chipset's CAF tag, or from the OnePlus 9/Pro modified as much as necessary to be meant specifically for N200.

I really shouldn't have to explain my development process to prove myself against these claims that you know damn well to be false. I'm very open about my development process, secrets when it comes to these projects has an overall negative impact on the community and slows progress for everyone.

I keep linking my GitHub in response because I have alot of commit history on there. Albeit quite noobish commit history as I'm not the best with using Git, but I put my time into doing all of this crap not just for myself but in hopes that it gives other people a better user experience with their own devices. Just to have people such as yourself claiming "he steals work" because you don't know how to click a link a look at a few commits yourself?

Just stop man. You're not doing anyone any favors by trying your absolute hardest to push away one of the two ROM developers on a device that has no custom ROM support aside from GSI.
    Is this still being worked on? What exactly still needs to be figured out to get TWRP fully functional?
    yes it is, i just got decryption of userdata working :) then fixed touchscreen on screen off, then fixed mtp/adb functionality on boot, fixed fastbootd, fixed flashing stock OTAs, tested flashing a stock OTA (from internal storage) and it worked with no issues. no red error messages at all. Only thing i have left to fix (before i apply for Official) is to fix booting the OS when building from source. THAT IS IT!. I will have a thread up soon with the usable (fastboot boot twrp.img ONLY, no fastboot flash boot, your device wont be able to boot any OS). but it at least can flash zip files, use SD card, use USB OTG.