[TWRP][3.5.2_10][Billie]TWRP for Oneplus Nord N10 5G [BETA]

Search This thread

OdinVex

Oct 1, 2022
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
The code required for the kernel is available, but proprietary modules are not. Thus you need to grab the latest stock firmware and extract all proprietary files needed, then build a device tree and build. If you're going to use the exact same TWRP build from them, you *may* be able to re-use the kernel, but you again need the proprietary files...and they may not like the kernel. That's why I mentioned you may need to just build the kernel. Don't use any unofficial ROMs unless you're extremely familiar with verifying the proprietary files, you might be locking yourself into their modifications to proprietary files specific to their ROM. Hair-pulling, I know. :/

Reactions: twindragon6

ToatsMcGoats

Oct 14, 2017
Is there a mirror for the N10 5G TWRP download? It looks like androidfilehost.com is down.
1667343963857.png

The code required for the kernel is available, but proprietary modules are not. Thus you need to grab the latest stock firmware and extract all proprietary files needed, then build a device tree and build. If you're going to use the exact same TWRP build from them, you *may* be able to re-use the kernel, but you again need the proprietary files...and they may not like the kernel. That's why I mentioned you may need to just build the kernel. Don't use any unofficial ROMs unless you're extremely familiar with verifying the proprietary files, you might be locking yourself into their modifications to proprietary files specific to their ROM. Hair-pulling, I know. :/
I need a decent guide, I'm kind of new to using git for code. I think I have what I need here, kinda bumbling through it. WIP!

OdinVex

Oct 1, 2022
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I need a decent guide, I'm kind of new to using git for code. I think I have what I need here, kinda bumbling through it. WIP!
Very few guides if any, I can't even recall the exact steps I used to simply build Pixel Experience for avicii before modding to support this device. The Android build system is absolute dog****.

Last edited:
Reactions: twindragon6
@EduardoA3677, I forked your TWRP device project on GitHub and made modifications to get it working on billie8/billie8t devices. If you can find the time to give it a quick look, I'd be willing to test. The dtb, Image.gz, and recoverydtbo are from the stock OnePlusN10Oxygen_14.O.37_OTA_0370_all.
I've got a BE2028 running the global rom (11.0.8.BE86AA) a working recovery is all thats needed to make things like Lineage work so this device can continue to get the updates(and not just security updates) since OP has abandoned em.

I'd be willing to test any built things you have.

doodalydoo

Apr 20, 2015
What is the secret to actually be able to restore the backups? I backed up my data because I needed to reflash stock with MSM tool to get the most recent OTA to install. Whenever I try to restore my data backup, the phone just hangs at the startup screen for awhile and goes back into recovery mode.

I've got a BE2028 running the global rom (11.0.8.BE86AA) a working recovery is all thats needed to make things like Lineage work so this device can continue to get the updates(and not just security updates) since OP has abandoned em.

I'm still trying to build them and a CrDroid rom.

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
What is the secret to actually be able to restore the backups? I backed up my data because I needed to reflash stock with MSM tool to get the most recent OTA to install. Whenever I try to restore my data backup, the phone just hangs at the startup screen for awhile and goes back into recovery mode.
Be carrefull if u backed up an encrypted /data partition, you have to keep the same format to be able to boot again on it.
For exemple if u backup an /toto partition which is encrypted (in any way), do a full wype of your device (format all partitions encrypted or not), do something, and restore your /toto partition backup on non-encrypted /toto partition, the physical partition willn't be the same as before the wype, so not propeply recognized, so appeared as breaked, and u will can't boot on it.

doodalydoo

Apr 20, 2015
Be carrefull if u backed up an encrypted /data partition, you have to keep the same format to be able to boot again on it.
For exemple if u backup an /toto partition which is encrypted (in any way), do a full wype of your device (format all partitions encrypted or not), do something, and restore your /toto partition backup on non-encrypted /toto partition, the physical partition willn't be the same as before the wype, so not propeply recognized, so appeared as breaked, and u will can't boot on it.
I'm not sure if it was encrypted or not. I did try formatting and wiping the data partition before restoring, but it didn't fix the problem. I did do the rename data/media folder trick to backup my entire internal storage, so that may have caused a problem. I ended up just transferring the backup to my computer to unzip it and salvaged what I could.

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
I'm not sure if it was encrypted or not. I did try formatting and wiping the data partition before restoring, but it didn't fix the problem. I did do the rename data/media folder trick to backup my entire internal storage, so that may have caused a problem. I ended up just transferring the backup to my computer to unzip it and salvaged what I could.
You can't manually restore files & folders through twrp or any other custom recovery bcz many apps will can't run again propeply.
You had to backup everything to be able to restore all important/required partitions excluding the one which contain the last OTA update to be able to boot on it again.

And of course your custom recovery must fully support encrypted partitions managment.

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
You can't manually restore files & folders through twrp or any other custom recovery bcz many apps will can't run again propeply.
You had to backup everything to be able to restore all important/required partitions excluding the one which contain the last OTA update to be able to boot on it again.

And of course your custom recovery must fully support encrypted partitions managment.
Do you know if TWRP backup and restore works ?

LiquidVeL

Nov 15, 2011
Can you clearify on the installation guide?
1. How you I boot into the bootloader? Is it the EDL mode with volume up + volume down + power?
2. Where do I type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img"? Do I have to activate debugging options before in the settings?
3. Do I need an unlocked bootloader for this to work?

Phantom Thief

Apr 24, 2017
OnePlus 6T
Can you clearify on the installation guide?
1. How you I boot into the bootloader? Is it the EDL mode with volume up + volume down + power?
2. Where do I type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img"? Do I have to activate debugging options before in the settings?
3. Do I need an unlocked bootloader for this to work?
1- https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-unlock-bootloader-t-mobile-nord-n10-5g-be2025.4392259/post-86301183
2- You need to open a command-line prompt / terminal. You may need to google more about this though on how to setup adb/fastboot on your machine. No need for USB Debug if you directly boot manually in fastboot mode.
3- Yes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

BUGS

-sdcard

Install guide
    boot into bootloader
    in bootloader type in:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img

Important notes
    -DON'T WIPE OR FORMAT SYSTEM AND VENDOR PARTITIONS
    -do not use fastboot boot otherwise you will not have touch

TWRP_3.5.2_10-1
    TWRP_3.5.1_2100
    TWRP_3.5.1-2050
    TWRP_3.5.1_10-2000
    TWRP_3.4.0_sdcard_fixed-1950
    TWRP_3.4.0_1900

SOURCE

TWRP: https://github.com/EduardoA3677/device_oneplus_billie_twrp
    CHANGELOGS

- adapted for oxygenos 11
    - fixed bugs and fstab changes
    swipe to unlock didn't work
    This error will be solved in the next version that is currently in the testing phase, it was possible to install roms with this new twrp that I will launch this week
    What is strange to me is that It says product_name - "lito" when i boot to fastboot. Even though I have a Glo BE86AA.
    They're all lito. That's the specific design of phone.

BE86AA is just the firmware version.
    Be2025 is model version for the metrobytmobile device.
    @EduardoA3677, I forked your TWRP device project on GitHub and made modifications to get it working on billie8/billie8t devices. If you can find the time to give it a quick look, I'd be willing to test. The dtb, Image.gz, and recoverydtbo are from the stock OnePlusN10Oxygen_14.O.37_OTA_0370_all.