[TWRP 3.5.2_9][SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I] Galaxy S4 miniVE [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Thanks @mernurisha for the great work. I tested the last recovery (3.4.0-0) ... When restoring the backup made with the previous version of TWRP from you (Q) it does not "see" the system_root partition even though it was present in the backup folder. I reinstalled TWRP_Q v 3.3.1-0 and the backup worked correctly. You have the screen shots attached.
ps. Please ignore screen shots with OpenGapps...it was an old zip.

Thanks for your attention. I'll look for it.

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
Problem while flashing

Dear people!
I just tried to flash the new ROM SERRANOVELTE TWRP 3.4.0-0 to my phone using the simple instructions from this post. Everything worked fine, but after the flash with odin the phone restarted immediately and it was my old system 4.4.4 again :(
When I tried to do the procedure again, the problem occured, that Odin did not recognize the phone anymore, when I started it in download-mode. Instead of the warning the download mode started prompting:
"android system recovery <3e>
KTU84P.I9591IXXS1AQA7... etc."
But the connection of the USB-cable did not work with odin anymore...
What have I done wrong? Can you give me a hint, how I can try it again?
I did the flashing-procedure the first time, so I don't have experience here.
Best wishes,
Jens

MrGoodtunes

Nov 8, 2007
South Florida
... after the flash with odin the phone restarted immediately and it was my old system ...

Jens, you need to reflash TWRP with Odin. But this time, click on the 'Options' tab and UNcheck both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. That way you should be able to disconnect your phone from PC immediately after Odin shows the green successful flash. Next, do a full stop on your phone by pulling the battery out for a few minutes. After that, you should be good to go with TWRP.

Nokono

• Sep 6, 2019
    @JensH and first boot after twrp is installed must be in twrp, not in the system. Otherwise twrp will be overwrited by stock recovery. During first boot twrp usually asks for permission to modify system - grant it

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
    Odin does not find the S4mini any more...

Jens, you need to reflash TWRP with Odin. But this time, click on the 'Options' tab and UNcheck both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. That way you should be able to disconnect your phone from PC immediately after Odin shows the green successful flash. Next, do a full stop on your phone by pulling the battery out for a few minutes. After that, you should be good to go with TWRP.

Thanks for the help! The only problem is, that Odin does not recognize the phone in download-mode any more now... Do you have an idea why this is?
    Do I have to apply a "wipe data/factory reset" now before?

Last edited:

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
    but I can not attach to Odin anymore now

Yes, this seems to be the error that I made. But now it is to late and my device is not connecting to odin anymore. I just get always back to the stock recovery. But I'm afraid, that I can not use this for flashing the Lineagos-rom... So I would like to go one step back and try to install TWRP again. But how can I manage this?

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
    Yes, this seems to be the error that I made. But now it is to late and my device is not connecting to odin anymore. I just get always back to the stock recovery. But I'm afraid, that I can not use this for flashing the Lineagos-rom... So I would like to go one step back and try to install TWRP again. But how can I manage this?

Have you already installed custom recovery before or not? I think you need to install samsung drivers on your pc first.
    Otherwise, odin cannot recognize your device. Maybe this will help you:
    https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-samsung-galaxy-s4-mini.1269/recovery-i9190-i9192-i9195-official-3-3-1-0-twrp-fuer-s4-mini.865166.html

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
    Found a solution

Puh, after many tries I found a solution. ADB_fastboot was able to open the connection with the phone but then it failed flashing... but then Odin could continue the work :)

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
    best rooting procedure

Had my first days with the Lineage running. It works nice, but sometimes not so smooth...
    But I got a problem, because I did not know, that I have to install the opengapps directly with the lineage using TWRP in the same procedure... so I just did it later and now it seems to produce errors, because the android reminder appears that the Installation is not finished but when I try to do it "System-UI" always crashes down...
    So I tried to make a backup using titanium and then setup the system again. But Titanium asks for root access...
    Which way would you recommend to get root-access on Lineage 17.1?

JensH

Jul 29, 2020
    Free speach via internal speaker and apps to SD and banking

1. Phone audio: I got a problem with the phone-function: when I enable the free-spreaking-button with the internal speaker of the phone the conversation for the dialog partners is troubled by interferences, heavy acoustic feedbacks etc. so that it is impossible to use this function. Is there a bugfix available for this on lineage 17.1?
    2. App2sd: I tried to find a solution to move apps to my used SD-card. But the option does not appear in they way as it is shown in other manuals for that. And as well apps like Android Assistant fail here. What can I do to move apps to my SD Card? Is it possible to use the SD-card as additional internal memory for the phone?
    Due to the very small internal-memory capacity of the S4 mini this need solutions :-/ Hope someone can help me here.
    3. Banking apps.: As I mentioned before I rooted my device. But this made big trouble with new banking-apps. They detected the root and all technics that I could find to hide the root from the banking-apps did not work out. Is there in the meantime a new possibility to use modern banking apps with root on Lineage 17.1?
    Wish you all a nice day!

carlos974

• May 18, 2016
    Saint-Denis
    2. App2sd: I tried to find a solution to move apps to my used SD-card. But the option does not appear in they way as it is shown in other manuals for that. And as well apps like Android Assistant fail here. What can I do to move apps to my SD Card? Is it possible to use the SD-card as additional internal memory for the phone?
    Due to the very small internal-memory capacity of the S4 mini this need solutions :-/ Hope someone can help me here.

For those of you who use lots of apps like me and do NOT want to use adoptable storage (a.k.a scrap your SD card)... I finally found the way to create the mount script for the second partition on Android 10! It's so simple I could kick myself.
    The reason why the mount script couldn't be created is because the path to "su.d/post-fs-data.d" was no longer defined. Of course, instead of saying that (or giving an option to look for it, you only got "Mount script could not be created" error. Useless.

Short answer

• Get Apps2SD, go to (⋮) menu, Settings
    • Click "Set su.d/post-fs-data.d/service.d path" enter the following :

/data/adb/post-fs-data.d (no quotes)

I've been researching this further and found a great little feature in Apps2SD. If apps disappear, they may have just lost their link but are still present on the SD card. Then use "Link apps to SD Card" from main menu then go to (⋮) menu and select "Restore apps(sdext2)". Very useful.

More info here: http://www.apps2sd.info/faq

misotauros

Oct 13, 2019
    Has anyone tried to sideload anything with adb with TWRP-3.4.0-0?
    I get
    adb devices
    List of devices attached
    4699caef offline

adb get-state
    error: device offline

adb sideload open_gapps-arm-9.0-nano-20200905.zip
    adb: sideload connection failed: device offline
    adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
    adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: device offline

and TWRP is in sideload mode.

Last edited:

milanche012

Aug 17, 2012
    Belgrade
    Hi guys. When I try to install any Custom ROM (Lineage 18,17,14) from TWRP 3.4.0.0, TWRP won't install the zip... TWRP just restarts (back to the home page). I installed Magisk (the phone is rooted) just fine with TWRP 3.4.0.0. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? My phone model is an I9195I android 4.4.4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      TWRP 3.5.2_9 FOR Samsung Galaxy S4 mini VE (2015)

* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards

FEATURES
      -Standard TWRP 3.5.2_9 features
      -Data encryption and decryption support (has to be tested)
      -Built with Pie 9.0 sources

BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES
      -None so far

INSTALLATION via Odin
      1. Download TWRP tar file recovery.tar to your PC
      2. Reboot to bootloader mode ( download mode )
      3. Open Odin... choose AP and select the downloaded file recovery.tar
      4. Connect your phone to usb and click start

DOWNLOAD
      TWRP-3.5.2_9-serranovelte
      CREDITS
      TWRP Team

Sources
      TWRP: https://github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp
      Kernel: https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_kernel_samsung_msm8916

XDA:DevDB Information
      [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.2_9 for Samsung Galaxy S4 mini VE, Tool/Utility for the Serranovelte GT-i9195i

Contributors
      mernurisha

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2019-08-06
      Last Updated 2021-04-16
      Update

Here is the edited TWRP-3.4.0-0. Tested with several roms ( AOSiP, AOSPA, Corvus, LineageOS). The backups saved with and without GApps in TWRP-Q-3.3.1-0-serranovelte can be restored with TWRP-3.4.0-0-serranovelte.
      The pie roms work also.

TWRP-3.4.0-0-serranovelte
      TWRP Update

- TWRP backup date is fixed
      Download as always on the first page
      TWRP-3.5.2_9-serranovelte
      New TWRP version for download is on the first page.
      New Update TWRP-3.5.0_9

-- synced with the last source

TWRP-3.5.0_9-serranovelte