TWRP 3.6.0-11

Search This thread

shizcow

Nov 21, 2021
Tried on V600TM. Twrp touch DOES work on this firmware. Cannot backup data though, even after formatting:
Can not create '/data/media/0/TWRP' folder (Required key not available).

Edit: turns out the v60 encrypts /dev/media even if there's no login password. After trying to backup to SD card instead I'm now getting extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255

Edit 2: After trying a few things, it appears the issue is with TWRP not asking for a password. Manually running twrp decrypt <PASSWORD> always says the password is incorrect. Removing screen lock and using default_password does not work.

Last edited:

deegore

Oct 2, 2013
How to install?
Edit: installed with fastboot
Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
Fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img

To enter twrp power off phone
Hold volume down and power until v60 screen appears
Release power for a second, continue holding volume down, and tap power button
Select yes on factory reset and twrp should boot

Last edited:

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Tell me one a12 gsi rom that is actually working with this phone???
I starting to doubt there will ever be any custom roms for any phones now that GSI is mostly compatible with alot of devices just do your research for GSI roms if the devices started with anrdoid 8.0 then is most likely is compatible use the treable apk to make sure.

Have you flashed the latest official a12 gsi? I have it up and running. Its super fast and has sound, bluetooth and everything seems to be running find except for the phone app. The included dialer doesn't seem to work but google dialer from play store does. That being said, the fly in the ointment is that there's no sound on the call. Been trying it on various customer service 800 numbers and can see that the call is connected and logging time but no freaking sound.

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
Tell me one a12 gsi rom that is actually working with this phone???

Have you flashed the latest official a12 gsi? I have it up and running. Its super fast and has sound, bluetooth and everything seems to be running find except for the phone app. The included dialer doesn't seem to work but google dialer from play store does. That being said, the fly in the ointment is that there's no sound on the call. Been trying it on various customer service 800 numbers and can see that the call is connected and logging time but no freaking sound.
No im strictly staying with A10. I had one gsi that worked but no audio via usb to hdmi which is a deal breaker since this is only for gaming

przemhb

Based on the minimal interest in this thread I guess there is something wrong with the TWRP. What it misses at the moment? Just the touchscreen support? Apart of this is it already stable? Is it still being developed or abandoned for some reason (no posts here for over a month)?

Assasinx54

Jan 12, 2022
I've kinda dropped mine because android 11 has so many software bugs it makes it too annoying to bother with. My twrp seemed to be stable except when in the custom recovery screen I didn't have touch support but I was still able to plug a mouse in and work around it. I also wasn't able to get system write access a member was helping me but I think he got busy and hasn't responded in a while.

crimsonrommer

Feb 2, 2017
mewdeko.tech
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
LG V30
I've kinda dropped mine because android 11 has so many software bugs it makes it too annoying to bother with. My twrp seemed to be stable except when in the custom recovery screen I didn't have touch support but I was still able to plug a mouse in and work around it. I also wasn't able to get system write access a member was helping me but I think he got busy and hasn't responded in a while.
touchscreen is there, its just weird when rebooting directly into it. You have to do the "button dance" when the phone is off to have full touch support

This is for the V30 but its the exact same method

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
I'd certainly like to see someone build a case as to why twrp is relevant anymore? I installed it on my v60am only to see it create more problems than is solved. I can do everything with qfil at the partition level and the rest with adb/fastboot n fastbootdd. I for one don't believe that there will be any v60 specific roms for any of various models going forward. There's just not that many v60s out there. Treble is here both with a12 and a13. The only question is; can/will someone fix the qdaq, multi-screen and hidden menu problems (presently on a gsi rom you have no access to *#546346##600#). Were those to be solved It would off to the races.

Imho TWRP is dead, at least on the v60.

Reactions: przemhb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any custom roms yet ?
    I starting to doubt there will ever be any custom roms for any phones now that GSI is mostly compatible with alot of devices just do your research for GSI roms if the devices started with anrdoid 8.0 then is most likely is compatible use the treable apk to make sure.
    I'd certainly like to see someone build a case as to why twrp is relevant anymore? I installed it on my v60am only to see it create more problems than is solved. I can do everything with qfil at the partition level and the rest with adb/fastboot n fastbootdd. I for one don't believe that there will be any v60 specific roms for any of various models going forward. There's just not that many v60s out there. Treble is here both with a12 and a13. The only question is; can/will someone fix the qdaq, multi-screen and hidden menu problems (presently on a gsi rom you have no access to *#546346##600#). Were those to be solved It would off to the races.

Imho TWRP is dead, at least on the v60.