[TWRP][3.6.1-11][instantnoodle]TWRP for OnePlus 8/8Pro ][OFFICIAL][BETA]

Search This thread

nadnan

Feb 20, 2018
OOS 11.0.10.10
TWRP 3.6
Magisk 23.0
Hello
I used TWRP a lot on old LG or Samsung devices to make "Nandroid" backups before loading Custom LineageOS Roms and possibly restoring a previous installation in case of problems.
I have no TWRP experience with my new OnePlus 8 Pro device
Today, I don't really know what I should keep as partitions that have become "dynamic" since OOS for the OnePlus 8 series.
Could you help me to tell me precisely the partitions to check for the backup and the identical restoration of my device, without data loss?
Is it necessary or useful to check all partitions (which I did on old devices) or only some?
Are there partitions that should not be ticked (see attached screenshots) for backup and restore?
Is there a safe way to restore Nandroid?
Finally, do you always have to do a “Wipe>Factory Reset” before restoring the backup?
Thank you in advance for your information and advice.
Best regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-36.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-36.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-40.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-40.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-51.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-51.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-55.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-16-22-27-55.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: rodken

Noob9496

Jul 28, 2017
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
OOS 11.0.10.10
TWRP 3.6
Magisk 23.0
Hello
I used TWRP a lot on old LG or Samsung devices to make "Nandroid" backups before loading Custom LineageOS Roms and possibly restoring a previous installation in case of problems.
Today, I don't really know what I should keep as partitions that have become "dynamic" since OOS for the OnePlus 8 series.
Could you help me to tell me precisely the partitions to check for the backup and the identical restoration of my device, without data loss?
Is it necessary or useful to check all partitions (which I did on old devices) or only some?
Are there partitions that should not be ticked (see attached screenshots) for backup and restore?
Finally, do you always have to do a “Wipe>Factory Reset” before restoring the backup?
Best regards
For backup read this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-oneplus-8-8pro-beta.4341707/post-85714857

skleveno

May 24, 2017
Yes flash rom zip, then TWRP, flash magisk, format data, reboot. No need to flash twrp again after magisk.
Ok, Its been awhile since I rooted a phone. Following these steps, will this do the trick. There are so many post with different stuff, I want to do the correct one. I'm on 11.0.6.8in55cb. I can man back to 10.7 if needed as I can care less about my data. Everything is backed up. I also have my bootloader unlock.bin. any suggestions would be huge

skleveno

May 24, 2017
Ok, Its been awhile since I rooted a phone. Following these steps, will this do the trick. There are so many post with different stuff, I want to do the correct one. I'm on 11.0.6.8in55cb. I can man back to 10.7 if needed as I can care less about my data. Everything is backed up. I also have my bootloader unlock.bin. any suggestions would be huge
Thank you!

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
Do we still only choose "data" when trying to get a backup of a whole ROM? Just wanna make sure because I know in the past we had to backup at least system as well.

Also, is it normal for a DATA partition to be about 28GB lol. Back when I did this a lot on my Droid devices and Nexus, even OP6T, I remember a ROM backup was a couple GB.

Last edited:

infected_

Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2008
OnePlus 8
uploaded beta 8.

* sdcard: only bind mount sdcard after successful preparation of data
* Add TW_QCOM_ATS_OFFSET flag to manually set time/date offset
* System_Property_Get: Allow specifying multiple prop file paths
* update RECOVERY_INSTALLER_PATH to proper path
* fastbootd: Check for and run startup script if script exists
* Adding TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE flag for custom device asserts
* theme: move TW_THEME_VERSION to variables.h
* theme: clean up TW_THEME_VERSION shell command
* prebuilt: update magiskboot to v24.1 stable

regards.

zelos156

Oct 4, 2021
OnePlus 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
uploaded beta 8.

regards.
U take a really good job! Thx master ❤️

gregsoir

Aug 1, 2011
North Pole
Xiaomi Mi 5s
OnePlus 6
uploaded beta 8.

regards.
zip version is not flashing via twrp, I think some files inside are missing? only .img in there.

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Has anyone on this thread been able to successfully restore a Nandroid [ complete back-up of whatever ROM is installed, restore that back-up and allow the system to boot without any issues]?

The How To Restore does not seem to be proof of concept without enough input from others.

nadnan

Feb 20, 2018
Has anyone on this thread been able to successfully restore a Nandroid [ complete back-up of whatever ROM is installed, restore that back-up and allow the system to boot without any issues]?

The How To Restore does not seem to be proof of concept without enough input from others.
Hello
I have a rooted OnePlus 8 Pro, which is off topic in this thread.
OxygenOS 11.0.10.10
TWRP 3.6 beta 7 (updated today to beta 8
Magisk 24.0 installed
But I guess the procedure with TWRP is the same….
For backup, I first removed all security protection: no pattern, scan, facial recognition, etc…
Same thing for catering.
FYI, I have performed restore from full backup (Nandroid) of OnePlus 8 Pro device, under OOS 11.0.10.10
About the backup, I voluntarily removed beforehand any blocking of unlocking the device: no password, no pattern, no other mode, not even screen swipe. It is therefore necessary to configure again after the restoration the unlocking mode if desired once the restoration has been carried out.
Description of the restore operation, under TWRP Recovery, version 3.6 beta 7 (See attached screenshot files: settings, saved and restored partitions, etc.) as of January 19, 2022
- I did not perform a "factory reset" since I am restoring the same version of OS
- restoration of all partitions, identical to those backed up, using the same procedure as on old LG G3 or Samsung devices (S7 and EDGE)
- restore for about 40 minutes (prolonged probably because backup and restore verification)
- at the end of the full restore, a message indicates that the system must be rebooted twice: the first time the device remains in stand-by and you must press the M/A button and choose the " restart" to reboot the 2nd time
- the device restarts and arrives at the unlocking of the Sim card
The device is found strictly in the same configuration as at the time of the backup.
If I can give you any other information, please don't hesitate to ask me...
Have a nice day, best regards

Reactions: Lycidias and rodken

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Hello
I have a rooted OnePlus 8 Pro, which is off topic in this thread.
OxygenOS 11.0.10.10
TWRP 3.6 beta 7 (updated today to beta 8
Magisk 24.0 installed
But I guess the procedure with TWRP is the same….
For backup, I first removed all security protection: no pattern, scan, facial recognition, etc…
Same thing for catering.
FYI, I have performed restore from full backup (Nandroid) of OnePlus 8 Pro device, under OOS 11.0.10.10
About the backup, I voluntarily removed beforehand any blocking of unlocking the device: no password, no pattern, no other mode, not even screen swipe. It is therefore necessary to configure again after the restoration the unlocking mode if desired once the restoration has been carried out.
Description of the restore operation, under TWRP Recovery, version 3.6 beta 7 (See attached screenshot files: settings, saved and restored partitions, etc.) as of January 19, 2022
- I did not perform a "factory reset" since I am restoring the same version of OS
- restoration of all partitions, identical to those backed up, using the same procedure as on old LG G3 or Samsung devices (S7 and EDGE)
- restore for about 40 minutes (prolonged probably because backup and restore verification)
- at the end of the full restore, a message indicates that the system must be rebooted twice: the first time the device remains in stand-by and you must press the M/A button and choose the " restart" to reboot the 2nd time
- the device restarts and arrives at the unlocking of the Sim card
The device is found strictly in the same configuration as at the time of the backup.
If I can give you any other information, please don't hesitate to ask me...
Have a nice day, best regards
You are "officially my new hero" because I have been waiting for someone to provide a concrete solution to this issue.

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
OOS 11.0.10.10
TWRP 3.6
Magisk 23.0
Hello
Best regards
Restoring OOS TWRP Backup
If you have a TWRP backup of OOS, follow this method to restore your system data.
  1. Go into developer options
  2. Allow OEM unlocking
  3. Reboot to bootloader
  4. Enter "fastboot devices" to check your device is connected
  5. Enter "fastboot oem unlock"
  6. Swipe for yes
  7. Then it will reboot again
  8. continue to the next method
  9. Once booted into system, set it up and update to OOS version of your TWRP backup.
  10. Download the full zip using the link in the Download Link section.
  11. Transfer the OOS .zip to internal storage.
  12. Go into settings -> system update -> Update via local upgrade -> find zip file and press install
  13. Do this twice to make sure you have installed that version of OOS in both slots
  14. Boot to bootloader
  15. Type "fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img " file name (do twrp + press tab) and press enter
  16. Then press enter and type this: fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img
  17. Reboot to recovery
  18. Transfer whole TWRP Folder into internal storage
  19. It is suggested to remove the SIM tray before you restore the TWRP backup and it can cause issues
  20. Restore boot and data (You can restore DTBO, EFS, Modem, but DO NOT RESTORE SUPER())
  21. Swipe to restore
  22. Go to the next part to transfer your internal storage files + folders
If you have backed up your internal storage folders do this
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. Transfer all your internal storage folders
  3. Reboot to system and done
Otherwise, just reboot to system. U can update OOS as well if it's outdated. Up to u
I've been using TWRP backup and restore on OOS for years now. I have tried this method and it works great. No need to remove fingerprint before you do your TWRP backup. This method was from my XDA thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/installing-updating-backup-and-restore-guide-for-op8-pro.4350457/

Last edited:

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Restoring OOS TWRP Backup
If you have a TWRP backup of OOS, follow this method to restore your system data.
  1. Go into developer options
  2. Allow OEM unlocking
  3. Reboot to bootloader
  4. Enter "fastboot devices" to check your device is connected
  5. Enter "fastboot oem unlock"
  6. Swipe for yes
  7. Then it will reboot again
  8. continue to the next method
  9. Once booted into system, set it up and update to OOS version of your TWRP backup.
  10. Download the full zip using the link in the Download Link section.
  11. Transfer the OOS .zip to internal storage.
  12. Go into settings -> system update -> Update via local upgrade -> find zip file and press install
  13. Do this twice to make sure you have installed that version of OOS in both slots
  14. Boot to bootloader
  15. Type "fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img " file name (do twrp + press tab) and press enter
  16. Then press enter and type this: fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img
  17. Reboot to recovery
  18. Transfer whole TWRP Folder into internal storage
  19. It is suggested to remove the SIM tray before you restore the TWRP backup and it can cause issues
  20. Restore only boot and data
  21. Swipe to restore
  22. Go to the next part to transfer your internal storage files + folders
If you have backed up your internal storage folders do this
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. Transfer all your internal storage folders
  3. Reboot to system and done
Otherwise, just reboot to system. U can update OOS as well if it's outdated. The method is below to update OOS with ROOT. Up to u
I've been using TWRP backup and restore on OOS for years now. I have tried this method and it works great. No need to remove fingerprint before you do your TWRP backup. This method was from my XDA thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/installing-updating-backup-and-restore-guide-for-op8-pro.4350457/
Keeping in mind that this method does not work if a device is a 'carrier version' of OnePlus e.g. Verizon branded, T-Mobile branded, etc. as those version do not allow 'local upgrade' due to carrier restrictions.

Only Global versions and other non-carrier versions are allowed local upgrading.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not working on A12 yet
    "A12 support is still a WIP, but most things are working, A12 is all new, keep that in mind.

NOT WORKING
    wip
    A12"

So A12 is working or not?
    A/B have separate recoveries. As long as 12 has it's non twrp, the 11 with twrp should still work. But since oreo.... the end of awesome backups and roms that weren't bins, twrp now isn't as useful. Conflicting reports of backup/restore operations successfully conducted when titanium backup pro and my backup pro handle everything BUT camera pics, screenshots, and downloads.
    TWRP for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
    h1641Xl - Imgur (1).jpg

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers, and zulip-chat.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom "ROM".

Team Win strives to provide a quality product. However, it is your decision to install our software on your device. Team Win takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing or using TWRP.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Yea, though I walk through the valleys of c++ and java, of the shadow of death on these forums,
    * I will fear no evil and i will develop and code restless: for thou art with me and my keyboard;
    * thy rod and thy staff they comfort me, and my mouse..
    */

A12 support is still a WIP, but most things are working, A12 is all new, keep that in mind.

WORKING:
    Decryption
    ADB Sideload
    Format Data
    Flashing zips (kernels and ROM's)
    Backup/Restore
    MTP is working
    adb is working
    vibration
    stock firmware flashing
    OTG

NOT WORKING
    wip
    A12

Download

:: SourceForge ::

::
    AndroidFileHost ::

Instructions

Windows

Install oneplus usb driver, after disabling driver signature enforcement

Download and install platform tools, unzip and add the folder to Windows path,

"Settings > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > New"

Example -> http:///imgur.com/a/x8XOofQ

open command prompt, or powershell, and:

fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

Linux

Download and add to path (.bashrc) platform-tools:

export PATH=$HOME"/platform-tools:$PATH"

dont forget udev rules if you're using ubuntu based distro:

https://github.com/M0Rf30/android-udev-rules

open a terminal and:

fastboot flash recovery_a twrpname.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b twrpname.img

that's all.

Source Code:

https://github.com/infectedmushi/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle-dev
    https://github.com/infectedmushi/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery
    https://github.com/systemad/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle

Credits:
    @bigbiff
    @Lossyx
    @Captain_Throwback for original tree
    @mauronofrio for original tree
    TWRP team
    uploaded beta 6.

changelog:

* Add custom kernel for recovery
    * crypto: only set crypto state and type if not already set
    * crypto: only show FBE error if device is encrypted
    * digest: fix checking of digest on restore
    * fs_mgr: allow deleting merged snapshots
    * merges: allow user to perform snapshot merges in advanced menu
    * mtp: don't create storage device after format data
    * recovery: Allow kernel to read and write unlabeled files
    * repacker: add root overwrite warning

regards.
    uploaded beta 3. it's possible now to backup persist partition also.

twrp-op8-3.6.0_11-infected-b3.img
    twrp-op8-3.6.0_11-infected-b3.zip

* 0c94cd7 - fstab: it's now possible to backup persist partition.
    * b99d112 - module load: Try loading prior modules first
    * 5ab53dc - libresetprop: use the latest header
    * 60927bc - kernel_module_loader: Set a prop after completing
    * 3a95d18 - fscrypt v1: support legacy ioctl
    * 540c802 - build: add option to create recovery installer zip
    * 7284ace - vndk: remove exclusion in recovery
    * aa2f760 - update_engine: handle payload that contain xbl_lp5 partitions
    * f1db62e - libresetprop: update to magisk HEAD
    * b65b045 - soong: Add TARGET_LEGACY_HW_DISK_ENCRYPTION conditional

regards.
    uploaded beta 8.

regards.
    back to business guys. feels good to be ok, in good health and back to XDA..

i'll compile a new build even today.

let's keep rolling again!!

regards.