[TWRP][64 bit][3.2.1_r12][UNOFFICIAL]Moto Z2 Play[Albus]

Search This thread

rahulsnair

Inactive Recognized Developer
TWRP 3.2.1_r12 Moto Z2 Play (albus)

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

TWRP changelog : Here

Working/Bugs : Need to press power button two times for touch to work

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
1. At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

2. Encryption is enabled by default

3. If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :
1. Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
2. Reboot to bootloader
3. fastboot flash recovery twrp-xxxx.img (if you want permanent flash) or
fastboot boot twrp-xxxx.img (if you want temporary boot)

Download Link :Here

Tree : Here

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP-ALBUS, Tool/Utility for the Moto Z2 Play

Contributors
rahulsnair
Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information

Created 2018-01-03
Last Updated 2018-02-03

sirkuttin

Jun 7, 2011
ASUS ZenFone 8
I've been using this today to set up my phone fresh. I created a backup, installed stock twrp flashable rom, installed magisk, and magisk module zips all just fine.
Thanks for this.

joefuf

Jun 22, 2010
Trying to set up my new Moto Z2 Play today.

I just unlocked the bootloader, so I'm good there. I wanted to install Magisk and leave it mostly stock. If I was going to just "fastboot boot twrp.img'' (instead of flashing) can I use this TWRP or should I just follow the instructions and use the TWRP version in this other thread?

Is this version more functional?
Would I be able to make a backup if I boot the TWRP instead of flashing?
Can I use the SD Card/internal storage with this version or do I have to still use the OTG cable and a flash drive to hold the DM Verity and Magisk ZIPs?

JRapsky

Sep 5, 2013
Hi,

I tried several times to backup my StockROM before modification, but TWRP always stuck at "Updating Partition Details". Any ideas what to do to solve this Problem? By the way, I just booted into TWRP, didn't flash it to my device. Thx

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi,

I tried several times to backup my StockROM before modification, but TWRP always stuck at "Updating Partition Details". Any ideas what to do to solve this Problem? By the way, I just booted into TWRP, didn't flash it to my device. Thx

my experience is, you have to flash TWRP.
I don't think it has the necessary read/write permissions to do a full backup otherwise.

Last edited:

Mark2014

Jan 21, 2014
hi guys.
I successed to twrp temporary boot.
Successed to full backup (with all check).
Is it safe for permanent flash twrp right now?
p/s: After backup success, I reboot my phone and check TWRP folder but nothing here
so why?

Last edited:

Mark2014

Jan 21, 2014
I'm trying to flash, but it show me
(bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt
But Temporary boot works fine, how do I fix that.
Bootloader was unlocked.
On restarting, it show me BAD KEY. is it normal?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:

Mark2014

Jan 21, 2014
Flash TWRP again. it didn't take.
I flashed it three times in a row.
that "no command" with Robot, is the stock recovery.

tks. it works.
I trying format Internal Memory: TWRP ->Wipe Memory -> Format Data; write "yes"
, but its show Failed
Àfter that, I check Internal Memory and it's empty.
I want to flash [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][64Bit][11-Mar]LineageOS-15.1[Albus][Moto Z2 Play]
in https://xdaforums.com/z2-play/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3731228
Now can I continues flash that ROM copied in SD card?

Last edited:

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
tks. it works.
I trying flash Internal Memory: TWRP ->Wipe Memory -> Format Data; write "yes"
, but its show Failed
Àfter that, I check Internal Memory and it's empty.
I want to flash [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][64Bit][11-Mar]LineageOS-15.1[Albus][Moto Z2 Play]
in https://xdaforums.com/z2-play/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3731228
Now can I continues flash that ROM in SD card?

Did you do a FULL backup including your EFS?

IF so try it and see, I haven't tried the Lineage build yet, still too many bugs.
but so long as you backup you shouldn't be afraid to explore.

Reactions: Mark2014

DeadEye J

Jan 28, 2014
I'm having an issue... I've successfully flashed r18, but it cannot seem to mount the data partition. It fails to mount (just hangs for a moment when you check the box next to data), fails to wipe (Could not mount/data and unable to find crypto footer... Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)).

Never mind... I just tried it a 3rd time and it worked. Not sure what's going on there.

**OK** Now, I've flashed the Unofficial LOS and OpenGapps from the thread by OP, following all instructions, and the phone boots to recovery every time I try to boot to system...

kc7gr

Oct 21, 2012
Kent
Recent success, z2 Play XT1710-06

Just to add to the success stories: A newly-purchased Moto z2 Play, variant XT1710-06 dual SIM, Android 7.1.1, RETLA release channel, build NPSS26.118-19-1-6. My object was to install root only, not (at this time) do any custom ROM flashes.

With this in mind: I used TWRP-3.2.1-0(Albus) after doing the initial bootloader unlock. Quirks noted during install was that I needed to repeat the 'fastboot flash recovery' option 3-4 times to get TWRP to stay put in the 'recovery' partition. Also, as an experiment, I tried renaming the TWRP image to 'recovery.img' (which seems to help).

Once TWRP was in place, I downloaded and installed the most current Magisk (v16). It worked perfectly, the first time, no issues at all (and it even knew to install its management app on its own). Despite my initial leanings, I chose not to try SuperSU due mainly to the developer changes at Chainfire HD (original developer retired, product bought up by some unnamed Chinese group).

Now I get to reinstall all my apps... (sigh). Such is the price of getting the phone we Really Want...

I hope this makes life easier for others.

Keep the peace(es).

Reactions: generalnod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.2.1_r12 Moto Z2 Play (albus)

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

TWRP changelog : Here

Working/Bugs : Need to press power button two times for touch to work

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    1. At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

2. Encryption is enabled by default

3. If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :
    1. Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. fastboot flash recovery twrp-xxxx.img (if you want permanent flash) or
    fastboot boot twrp-xxxx.img (if you want temporary boot)

Download Link :Here

Tree : Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP-ALBUS, Tool/Utility for the Moto Z2 Play

Contributors
    rahulsnair
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information

Created 2018-01-03
    Last Updated 2018-02-03
    3.1.2_r18 version released. Check download link in OP
    Hi, I'm facing the same issue, could you share what you did in order to fix it?
    Or link to some resources you used?

Thanks!

I should have already wrote the instruction for others, I couldn't find the time. Here are all the steps from stock:

• Unlock bootloader.
    • Flash TWRP from fastboot screen and reboot to recovery.
    • Dont swipe to allow modification on first prompt. Keep read only.
    • Take twrp backup of system, boot, recovery, efs and anything else you want and copy it to your computer to be safe.
    • Flash magisk (stable preferred) but dont reboot.
    • Run the following echo commands while in twrp > Advanced > Terminal:
      Code:
      echo KEEPVERITY=true>>/data/.magisk
      echo KEEPFORCEENCRYPT=true>>/data/.magisk
    • Reboot to system.
    Hi!

Excuse me, but why don't you update the post with the latest version of your TWRP?

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904007189
    I should have already wrote the instruction for others, I couldn't find the time. Here are all the steps from stock:
    […]

Thank you for taking the time now!

That looks very clean compared to what I went through. I found these instructions on reddit.

Should this link ever die, here is the digest:
    • Flash stock image
    • Backup system and boot partitions
    • Restore these backups (!)
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot

Strangely enough, that worked just as well for me…
    I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, though, since it seems like a giant hack and telling Magisk directly what to do makes a lot more sense and is also a lot less time-consuming.