Votes: 154 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 23.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Chris123NT

Nov 12, 2012
Malabar, FL
I was on 10.3.2, and I followed the steps above by booting into the twrp img, flashing twrp-3.3.1-x_blu_spark_v9.109_op6.zip, rebooting to recovery, then flashing Magisk-v20.4.zip. However, when I rebooted at the end, it took me back to recovery. What happened? Do I need to flash a boot img?
I'm having this exact same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

5xonlineage

Jul 6, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm having this exact same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Take a look at this post (link to Google Drive file) for patched boot img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...-image-magisk-16-7-beta-t3818853/post81990399

Stock boot img here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/oneplus-6-mirrors-official-oxygen-os-t3792244

I ended up not wanting to mess with it anymore, so I uninstalled Magisk, fastboot flashed stock boot img, then flashed the patched boot img linked in the above post. Then I followed the instructions in the OP of patched boot thread.

Making do without TWRP recovery, temporarily booting the img when I need it is fine with me.

I believe there's a way to have TWRP (mauronofrio's version 18) and Magisk, I think it's by installing Magisk 20.1 instead of 20.4. Can't remember where I saw that now... But if all you need is a working rooted phone, non TWRP is what I did. Good luck!

Last edited:

Chris123NT

Nov 12, 2012
Malabar, FL
Take a look at this post (link to Google Drive file) for patched boot img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...-image-magisk-16-7-beta-t3818853/post81990399

Stock boot img here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/oneplus-6-mirrors-official-oxygen-os-t3792244

I ended up not wanting to mess with it anymore, so I uninstalled Magisk, fastboot flashed stock boot img, then flashed the patched boot img linked in the above post. Then I followed the instructions in the OP of patched boot thread.

Making do without TWRP recovery, temporarily booting the img when I need it is fine with me.

I believe there's a way to have TWRP (mauronofrio's version 18) and Magisk, I think it's by installing Magisk 20.1 instead of 20.4. Can't remember where I saw that now... But if all you need is a working rooted phone, non TWRP is what I did. Good luck!
I figured it out. I booted TWRP, flashed it, rebooted to recovery, flashed the Magisk UNINSTALLER, followed by Magisk 20.4 and the phone booted. I guess I had a module that was trying to load that was making the phone throw a fit.

danhudie

May 17, 2020
I am on 9.0.9(rooted) and want to upgrade to the latest latest android 10 version. In the instructions it says that I need to update my TWRP to the latest. I am on 3.2.3-x Blue spark v9.91, When Looking at guides the next one would be 3.3.1-18[enchilada]. Which TWRP do I want to flash, P or Q? As that is very unclear, I don't want to get into the boot loop issues previous posters have been experiencing when trying to upgrade.
Once I know, I can boot into recovery and flash the correct TWRP. Than from there, follow section B of the guide. Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I think since I am still on 9.0.9, if I want to boot into boot loader, I use the P file, than install the .zip from Install.... Can I just boot into TWRP recovery since I have that, and just install the latest 3.3.1-18.zip and be fine? Do i need to flash Magisk as well to do the update?

Last edited:

s9amme

Mar 25, 2011
Bay Area
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
so.... I accidentally wiped my phone.

I know this was mentioned in other posts, but just wanted to remind people about it. I was on Android 9 and my toddler somehow took an OTA update and upgraded my phone to Android 10.3.3. Of course, root was gone and so was my Magisk modules. Anyway, I looked at this as an opportunity to reinstall the latest TWRP and Magisk to get my rooted apps working again. I booted into fastboot and was about to flash the TWRP img file when I remembered I should probably run the Magisk uninstall zip first to make sure I do a clean install. I booted into recovery and I forgot it was overwritten with the OTA update. The stock recovery started wiping my phone immediately without any dialog box or verification first. :crying: (the data partition, but personal files in Downloads folder are still there)

Thank goodness for google backup and its restoring all my apps and text messages now. I need to set up my home screen layout again too. Oh well, lesson learned.

Reactions: gino.rockt

rootData

Apr 16, 2020
Has anyone successfully installed TWRP on stable version 10.3.3 ? After installing TWRP,my OP6 didn't boot up.It stuck on first screen.Please help me

After installing the new update I've wiped the phone (just for having it cleaner since i installed a lot of stuff) and done everything as the tutorial and works perfectly

gino.rockt

Oct 27, 2017
stock recovery wipes rooted phone?

so.... I accidentally wiped my phone.

I know this was mentioned in other posts, but just wanted to remind people about it. I was on Android 9 and my toddler somehow took an OTA update and upgraded my phone to Android 10.3.3. Of course, root was gone and so was my Magisk modules. Anyway, I looked at this as an opportunity to reinstall the latest TWRP and Magisk to get my rooted apps working again. I booted into fastboot and was about to flash the TWRP img file when I remembered I should probably run the Magisk uninstall zip first to make sure I do a clean install. I booted into recovery and I forgot it was overwritten with the OTA update. The stock recovery started wiping my phone immediately without any dialog box or verification first. :crying: (the data partition, but personal files in Downloads folder are still there)

Thank goodness for google backup and its restoring all my apps and text messages now. I need to set up my home screen layout again too. Oh well, lesson learned.

That's interesting. I did boot into TWRP and installed the magisk.zip but did NOT install TWRP. I hope therefore to not interfere with the update processes OTA. So does the stock recovery (wich I still have installed) automatically wipe a rooted phone?

My plan was to receive the OTAs and before rebooting install magisk.zip via magisk app to the second slot. Will my plan work with stock recovery and stock rom installed? I assume with A/B partitions the recovery is not involved. But happens if I start into recovery?

Your post really makes me nervous.
Thanks

dohclude

Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
www.fifstudios.com
Having some issues here, can anyone give me a hand? I'm currently running v9.0.6 on my OP6, with TWRP 3.2.3-1 installed. Bootloader unlocked, and I'm rooted with Magisk v20.4. I'm trying to update to the latest version of TWRP linked in the first post so I can begin updating to 10.3.4. Whenever I run "fastboot devices" while I have the phone in bootloader mode, it lists the phone, but when I try to boot the twrp image with "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img" it says:
"downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.600s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.093s]
finished. total time: 0.693s
"

But the phone boots to the black and white "Fastboot Mode" logo screen and never loads recovery. What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:

mixlex

Jul 16, 2011
Jeffersonville, in
Having some issues here, can anyone give me a hand? I'm currently running v9.0.6 on my OP6, with TWRP 3.2.3-1 installed. Bootloader unlocked, and I'm rooted with Magisk v20.4. I'm trying to update to the latest version of TWRP linked in the first post so I can begin updating to 10.3.4. Whenever I run "fastboot devices" while I have the phone in bootloader mode, it lists the phone, but when I try to boot the twrp image with "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-18-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img" it says:
"downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.600s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.093s]
finished. total time: 0.693s"

But the phone boots to the black and white "Fastboot Mode" logo screen and never loads recovery. What am I doing wrong here?
Wouldn't it be easier to boot into your current twrp and then just flash the newer twrp zip? No need to do it from fastboot.

dohclude

Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
www.fifstudios.com
Got everything figured out finally. Had to just go ahead and install the OTA for 9.0.9, then reboot, then install OTA for 10.3.4, reboot again to fastboot mode. After that I was able to get the latest twrp and magisk installed. Apparently the modified twrp in the OP will not fastboot while Android 9 is installed on the phone.

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
I was rooted at 10.3.2 and after upgrading to 10.3.5 I have lost root.
I can boot into fastboot but when i run the command through my PC for temporarily flashing the TRWP, nothing happens. It just shows the fastboot screen, so I can't proceed and flash the TWRP.

Any ideas?

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Ok managed to get back to my system with 10.3.5 on.
So next step is rooting again.

Are the steps of first post still valid?
Should I still use the 3.3.1.18 twrp version?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Hmm, I might have the same problem then but now I am on 10.3.5
So I wonder what is the best way for the rooting.

Westindieman

Feb 28, 2017
Ok managed to get back to my system with 10.3.5 on.
So next step is rooting again.

Are the steps of first post still valid?
Should I still use the 3.3.1.18 twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Hmm, I might have the same problem then but now I am on 10.3.5
So I wonder what is the best way for the rooting.

Did you get this sorted? I am in the same, I have accepted the update to Oxygen. 10.3.5 and lost root. Dont want to start flashing TWRP till I'm sure its the right file and process.
2nd question, just in case I have an issue. How did you get back to booting the system after it kept going to fastboot?

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Did you get this sorted? I am in the same, I have acceted the update to Oxygen. 10.3.5 and lost root. Dont want to start flashing TWRP till I'm sure its the right file and process.

2nd question, just in case I have an issue. How did you get back to booting the system after it kept going to fastboot?

Yes problem solved many weeks ago.
I just flashed a magisk patched boot file, so basically I got root without doing it through a custom recovery.

About the 2nd question, I kept trying flashing the stock recovery through ADB till it worked.

Westindieman

Feb 28, 2017
Yes problem solved many weeks ago.
I just flashed a magisk patched boot file, so basically I got root without doing it through a custom recovery.

About the 2nd question, I kept trying flashing the stock recovery through ADB till it worked.

Which version TWRP recovery works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, I made a custom magisk update channel that is set to say Magisk 19.4 is the latest version. Using it allows you to use "Install to Inactive Slot" and avoid accidentally updating to Magisk 20.0.

To use it, go to Magisk Manager>Settings>Update Settings>Update Channel>Custom
    then enter the following url:
    [Link Removed]

Once the Magisk 20 incompatibility is fixed, you should switch back to the stable/beta repo.

EDIT: Link removed, as Magisk 20.1 has been released, fixing the TWRP incompatibility. Please switch back to the Stable channel if you are using this custom channel.
    I just installed the latest Canary Magisk V.20.xxxxx . It is working fine and I have no issues going into TWRP.. Seems like topjohnwu commited the fix to the canary branch for the TWRP issues... so no need to stay on 19.4 as far as I'm concerned.

Release notes here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/blob/canary/notes.md

If you want to install this make sure you download the Canary Magisk Manager and change the update channel to Canary ...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/dev-magisk-canary-channel-bleeding-edge-t3839337

:D
    A10 final on OP6 worked fine without data loss coming from rooted 9.0.9

1. installed latest TWRP (from first Post)
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Magisk uninstall
    4. Install A10 full -> reinstall TWRP
    5. reboot to TWRP and install Magisk 20.1

rooted and A10 OP6 with all my Data
    I had magisk v20 installed, I did not uninstall magisk or remove all traces. I flashed TWRP via fastboot, booted to twrp installed twrp zip, rebooted back to twrp and installed magisk 19.4. No issues. So it may not be necessary to uninstall magisk first. So if you forget to do so you may be ok.
    Simply flash the mauronofrio TWRP zip using Magisk (as if you were installing a Magisk module), then direct install Magisk again.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone