• Yes

Votes: 156 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 22.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Bluspark TWRP 9.116 has been available for a while, I have had it installed on my OP6 phone for the last few OOS updates (10.3.11 included) while following Section B instructions, and nothing has gone wrong. Also, Magisk 23 is available and I have had it installed since it came out.

No idea whether things will work with the older versions you have, but you might want to try to update Magisk and Bluspark TWRP before you install 10.3.11.
It didn't work out as I have lost the root, while Magisk is still installed.
Now it asks me to patch the stock boot image.
Maybe can u upload this for me?

PRDR

Jan 28, 2012
It didn't work out as I have lost the root, while Magisk is still installed.
Now it asks me to patch the stock boot image.
Maybe can u upload this for me?
You can find the stock and patched boot images here:

Reactions: RASTAVIPER

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
You can find the stock and patched boot images here:

Thanks.
Finally I used the payload dumper and did the whole boot extraction by myself.
Then patched the boot and installed it through fastboot.

But still I can't figure out why the procedure didn't work out for me and it didn't keep my root.

kerngehirn

Feb 24, 2013
I know this thread is only for adnroid 10 and below. I'm using A11.

My problem is the following: All of my banking apps seem to recognoze root (or unlocked bootloader?), even though magisk hide is activated, magisk manager is repacked and a have installed the hide module. I use the canary channel and app.

Magisk Detector tells me "init.rc has been modified by Magisk" and "su file exists in PATH"
Rest seems to be fine.

Anybody able to help?

edit: even when i uninstall magisk, banking apps don't work. Magisk Detector still tells me init.rc has been modified.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, I made a custom magisk update channel that is set to say Magisk 19.4 is the latest version. Using it allows you to use "Install to Inactive Slot" and avoid accidentally updating to Magisk 20.0.

To use it, go to Magisk Manager>Settings>Update Settings>Update Channel>Custom
    then enter the following url:
    [Link Removed]

Once the Magisk 20 incompatibility is fixed, you should switch back to the stable/beta repo.

EDIT: Link removed, as Magisk 20.1 has been released, fixing the TWRP incompatibility. Please switch back to the Stable channel if you are using this custom channel.
    I just installed the latest Canary Magisk V.20.xxxxx . It is working fine and I have no issues going into TWRP.. Seems like topjohnwu commited the fix to the canary branch for the TWRP issues... so no need to stay on 19.4 as far as I'm concerned.

Release notes here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/blob/canary/notes.md

If you want to install this make sure you download the Canary Magisk Manager and change the update channel to Canary ...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/dev-magisk-canary-channel-bleeding-edge-t3839337

:D
    A10 final on OP6 worked fine without data loss coming from rooted 9.0.9

1. installed latest TWRP (from first Post)
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Magisk uninstall
    4. Install A10 full -> reinstall TWRP
    5. reboot to TWRP and install Magisk 20.1

rooted and A10 OP6 with all my Data
    I had magisk v20 installed, I did not uninstall magisk or remove all traces. I flashed TWRP via fastboot, booted to twrp installed twrp zip, rebooted back to twrp and installed magisk 19.4. No issues. So it may not be necessary to uninstall magisk first. So if you forget to do so you may be ok.
    Simply flash the mauronofrio TWRP zip using Magisk (as if you were installing a Magisk module), then direct install Magisk again.