• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP and Root for OnePlus 6 on Oxygen OS 10 Stable/Beta

This this method work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 155 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Arjen421

Nov 5, 2019
I was using stock 9.0.9 with magisk 20.0 and blu_spark twrp 101

What I did was (there is probably some unnecessery steps in here, but did them just to be safe):
  1. Disabled Magisk Modules in Magisk manager
  2. Rebooted phone (thought this might be necessery to properly disable Magisk modules)
  3. Rebooted to recovery
  4. Flashes stock 9.0.9 + Blu_spark twrp 107
  5. Rebooted to recovery
  6. Flashed stock A10 + Blu_spark TWRP 107
  7. Rebooted to recovery
  8. Flashed Magisk 20.1

So far everything seems to be working fine.

-PaRRoT-

Jan 12, 2008
  1. Reboot to fastboot mode. Flash TWRP img using the following command;

Code:
    fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-11-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img
I think you can simply boot TWRP via
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-11-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio.img

And after that use the installer without alter the boot partition.

Last edited:
G

GuestD2559

Post updated for stable Oxygen OS 10.

Also included instructions on how to update OOS without losing TWRP and Magisk.

°Washy

Jan 17, 2018
OnePlus 8T
It didnt work for me even After few times. I was able to follow all the steps correctly but After latest step my device Stick itself in the bootloader warning Page and that Is All.

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
Question:
I want to "NUKE" 9.0.3 rom, and erase from System, Data, everything...or want a clean install from scratch.
Im thinking in uninstall Magisk and modules, reboot to recovery, re-install newest TWRP (A10?), format System, Data (more?) and them install Rom 10, re-install Rom 10, TWRP, reboot TWRP, re-install TWRP (A10?).

Later Magisk.

Is this ok?

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
Do anyone else got problems with Titanium Backup? I try to restore AdAway, Solid Explorer (with Add-ons Mega and OTG Plugin) and Chrome Beta. But only AdAway get restored, I try to force close the app, reinstall it and I also try a reboot but Solid Explorer and Chrome Beta don't get restored.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorilla p

kdpkke

Nov 19, 2015
I always get "system upgrade failed" when I select the FULL OOS ZIP in "Local Upgrade". I have TWRP and Magisk installed and I'm using the OOS 9.0.4 version. Someone knows how to fix this? Am I forced to update to OOS 9.0.9 before this update?

Nemesisals

Jun 10, 2018
Hello All,

Here is my feedback:
I specify that I am a rooted

Update TWRP-3.3.1-11 ok
Update OxygenOs 10 ok
install Magisk 20.1 ok
So far no worries

Where it gets complicated is when I try to uninstall applications that are normally useless (remove on OOS 9.x)

If I restart, I stay on the bootloader and have to reinstall the ROM

gorilla p

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
Milwaukee
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 9
Do anyone else got problems with Titanium Backup? I try to restore AdAway, Solid Explorer (with Add-ons Mega and OTG Plugin) and Chrome Beta. But only AdAway get restored, I try to force close the app, reinstall it and I also try a reboot but Solid Explorer and Chrome Beta don't get restored.

Yes, it has worked like crap for me recently. About half of the apps won't restore and just hang. O keep having to force close and restart titanium.
You'll be better off redownloading the apps and just restoring data. It's really frustrating

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Hello All,

Here is my feedback:
I specify that I am a rooted

Update TWRP-3.3.1-11 ok
Update OxygenOs 10 ok
install Magisk 20.1 ok
So far no worries

Where it gets complicated is when I try to uninstall applications that are normally useless (remove on OOS 9.x)

If I restart, I stay on the bootloader and have to reinstall the ROM
What I did was, I deactivated apps that I don't use directly in the app overview in settings (also activated "show system apps"). For example deactivated play movies, Gmail etc, withing the settings, so they don't show up as an update in GPS and like this I didn't have rebooting issues. I only froze one app with titanium (Gmail) and this didn't give me bootloop. The others I deactivated as mentioned above.
Give it a try and let us know :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, I made a custom magisk update channel that is set to say Magisk 19.4 is the latest version. Using it allows you to use "Install to Inactive Slot" and avoid accidentally updating to Magisk 20.0.

To use it, go to Magisk Manager>Settings>Update Settings>Update Channel>Custom
    then enter the following url:
    [Link Removed]

Once the Magisk 20 incompatibility is fixed, you should switch back to the stable/beta repo.

EDIT: Link removed, as Magisk 20.1 has been released, fixing the TWRP incompatibility. Please switch back to the Stable channel if you are using this custom channel.
    I just installed the latest Canary Magisk V.20.xxxxx . It is working fine and I have no issues going into TWRP.. Seems like topjohnwu commited the fix to the canary branch for the TWRP issues... so no need to stay on 19.4 as far as I'm concerned.

Release notes here:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/blob/canary/notes.md

If you want to install this make sure you download the Canary Magisk Manager and change the update channel to Canary ...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/dev-magisk-canary-channel-bleeding-edge-t3839337

:D
    A10 final on OP6 worked fine without data loss coming from rooted 9.0.9

1. installed latest TWRP (from first Post)
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Magisk uninstall
    4. Install A10 full -> reinstall TWRP
    5. reboot to TWRP and install Magisk 20.1

rooted and A10 OP6 with all my Data
    I had magisk v20 installed, I did not uninstall magisk or remove all traces. I flashed TWRP via fastboot, booted to twrp installed twrp zip, rebooted back to twrp and installed magisk 19.4. No issues. So it may not be necessary to uninstall magisk first. So if you forget to do so you may be ok.
    Simply flash the mauronofrio TWRP zip using Magisk (as if you were installing a Magisk module), then direct install Magisk again.