[TWRP][AROMA][WT88047] Resize System partition Easily

Search This thread
With this tool is possible resize the system partition.

tuto000.png

Precautions and warnings:
This procedure will erase your ROM. Internal storage will also be erased, including photos, videos, music and backups.
Increasing the size of the system will decrease the internal storage in the same proportion, when using previous backup consider this, if the backup is too large it may not fit in the new partitioning.
To prevent bootloop, use a permanent installation of TWRP, do not use temporary boot.

I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
Use at your own risk

Instructions:
Part 1
1- Copy zip installer to external SD card, otherwise installation will be canceled. do not forget to also copy the custom rom and the gapps.
2- The installer uses Aroma ui, it is possible to choose several size for the system partition: 1GB, 1.25GB, 1.5GB, 1.75GB, 2GB, 2.25GB and 2.5GB.
tuto001.png

3- Optionally it is possible to create a new partition, the vendor partition, it is required in the project treble and only used with treble roms and vendor partition compatible with Redmi 2.
4- The installer also creates a backup of some changed partitions and restores them automatically, a copy(110MB) is sent to the external SD card if an emergency restore is required.
tuto002.png

5- After choosing all the options select Start, if all the requirements have been fulfilled the repartitioning will happen, otherwise it will be interrupted before any alteration. Then press the Reboot button to end.
tuto003.png

Part 2
The most recent rom installer comes with the system inside an image file, it has the default size, and after installing the rom it is necessary to expand the file system so that it can see the new size.
This can be done with Twrp in the wipe advaced menu, but to make it easier I did an additional installer to do this task.

So summarizing:

1- Install 1Resize-System-Redmi2.zip (only when changing system size partition).
2- install your Custom-Rom.zip
3- install 3Expand-filesystem-Redmi2.zip (always required after installing custom rom and before gapps, this releases new size to use).
4- install gapps.zip
5- done !

Thanks the creators of content, for sharing knowledge:
@jsidney96 thread, @freeshared thread, @mirfatif thread, @osm0sis thread, @amarullz thread
Sorry my English.
[update]
v1.01: added reboot(recovery) after installation.
v1.03: (experimental) added option to create vendor partition and auxiliary zip installer.

Attachments

• 1Resize-System-Redmi2-v1.03-20180623-1847-signed.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 16,379
  • 3Expand-filesystem-Redmi2-v1.03-signed.zip
    6 KB · Views: 12,899
Last edited:

athish

Jun 24, 2013
BANGALORE
Edit: sorry it did not work. only the internal storage got reduced but the system partition remained the same.:confused:

log file attached below.

Attachments

• Resize-System-Redmi2-v1.00-20180612-0321-signed.zip.log.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

athish

Jun 24, 2013
BANGALORE
Edit: sorry it did not work. only the internal storage got reduced but the system partition remained the same.:confused:

log file attached below.

Edit 2: So i was able to re-partition the system using the above script (i mean the script works). But after i installed lineageos 15.1 the system partition returned back to 1gb. Can anyone give me a solution for this? i tried the resize system after rom install but it failed. :confused: :( :crying:

screenshots below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-34-36.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-34-36.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 3,464
  • Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-38-13.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-38-13.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,449
  • Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-38-27.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-15-06-38-27.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,452
Edit 2: So i was able to re-partition the system using the above script (i mean the script works). But after i installed lineageos 15.1 the system partition returned back to 1gb. Can anyone give me a solution for this? i tried the resize system after rom install but it failed. :confused: :( :crying:

screenshots below:

With me it works, but twrp only displays new size after exiting the wipe menu.
Then return to the main menu and enter the wipe menu again.

Error message appears if you press the "resize file system" button twice in a row.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-20-16-46-40.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-20-16-46-40.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,822

athish

Jun 24, 2013
BANGALORE
With me it works, but twrp only displays new size after exiting the wipe menu.
Then return to the main menu and enter the wipe menu again.

Error message appears if you press the "resize file system" button twice in a row.

nope i press the "resize file system" only once and still gives the error.

can please explain what to do after installing a ROM (to get back the full size). And thank you for the making a zip installer:good:

Edit:
So after re-partiton of system to 2gb, i restored twrp backup and system remained 2gb :victory: :highfive:

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-01-04-45-56.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-01-04-45-56.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:
[update]
v1.03: (experimental) added option to create vendor partition for project treble and auxiliary zip installer.

summary installation instructions:

1- Install 1Resize-System-Redmi2.zip (only when changing system size partition).
3- install 3Expand-filesystem-Redmi2.zip (always required after installing custom rom and before gapps, this releases new size to use).
4- install gapps.zip
5- done !

Last edited:

skanskan

Oct 16, 2013
Where can I download this apps for other mobiles?
I need it for the Xiaomi Mi8.
Is it compatible?
Can I flash other ROMs such as Xiaom.eu if I have resized the partitions ?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

What about resizing the data and cache partitions?
What partition is the culprit of the error of insuficient size when installing new apps?

souvik095

Jan 1, 2016
Durgapur
Once resized will it remain 2gb forever or will it revert back to 1 gb as soon as I flash a custom rom?

I want to flash treble rom and then android p gsi files. So I need the vendor partition right?

hengkidermawan

Nov 5, 2013
BandarLampung
you can record on video? pleasee!!

the OP says clearly, bro..
4- install gapps.zip
5- done !

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Which twrp to use to flash this installer?

the latest twrp, and the important thing is permanent twrp that OP said

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With this tool is possible resize the system partition.

tuto000.png

Precautions and warnings:
    This procedure will erase your ROM. Internal storage will also be erased, including photos, videos, music and backups.
    Increasing the size of the system will decrease the internal storage in the same proportion, when using previous backup consider this, if the backup is too large it may not fit in the new partitioning.
    To prevent bootloop, use a permanent installation of TWRP, do not use temporary boot.

I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards.
    Use at your own risk

Instructions:
    Part 1
    1- Copy zip installer to external SD card, otherwise installation will be canceled. do not forget to also copy the custom rom and the gapps.
    2- The installer uses Aroma ui, it is possible to choose several size for the system partition: 1GB, 1.25GB, 1.5GB, 1.75GB, 2GB, 2.25GB and 2.5GB.
    tuto001.png

3- Optionally it is possible to create a new partition, the vendor partition, it is required in the project treble and only used with treble roms and vendor partition compatible with Redmi 2.
    4- The installer also creates a backup of some changed partitions and restores them automatically, a copy(110MB) is sent to the external SD card if an emergency restore is required.
    tuto002.png

5- After choosing all the options select Start, if all the requirements have been fulfilled the repartitioning will happen, otherwise it will be interrupted before any alteration. Then press the Reboot button to end.
    tuto003.png

Part 2
    The most recent rom installer comes with the system inside an image file, it has the default size, and after installing the rom it is necessary to expand the file system so that it can see the new size.
    This can be done with Twrp in the wipe advaced menu, but to make it easier I did an additional installer to do this task.

So summarizing:

4- install gapps.zip
    5- done !

Thanks the creators of content, for sharing knowledge:
    @jsidney96 thread, @freeshared thread, @mirfatif thread, @osm0sis thread, @amarullz thread
    Sorry my English.
    [update]
    v1.03: (experimental) added option to create vendor partition and auxiliary zip installer.
    Looks very cool! Have you heard of @Lanchon's RePIT? Similar idea but without the GUI. Perhaps you guys could collaborate? https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/tool-lanchon-repit-data-sparing-t3358036
    [update]
    v1.03: (experimental) added option to create vendor partition for project treble and auxiliary zip installer.

summary installation instructions:

4- install gapps.zip
    5- done !
    the OP says clearly, bro..
    4- install gapps.zip
    5- done !

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

the latest twrp, and the important thing is permanent twrp that OP said

It's work for my, i installing from my OTG USB, so failed! and i try from SDCARD and work!
    Sorry !! .
    Hi! I had resized my partition with your tool and it worked great! Now I want to install MIUI, so how to revert the size of the system partition? Would the Mi Flash Tool automatically resize the partition or will it brick/bootloop?
    The safest way is to do a full clean flash with Mi Flash or through the fastboot script included in a MIUI fastboot ROM archive.