TWRP Available for OnePlus 8 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
[Mod Edit] Link removed as explained in announcement

Seems that TWRP is available for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. I can't read Chinese but it seems to work fairly well based on another user's post on XDA and on the OnePlus forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that TWRP is available for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. I can't read Chinese but it seems to work fairly well based on another user's post on XDA and on the OnePlus forums.
I can vouch for it, I've had it installed for at least a week, flashed kernels and did nandroid backups

Last edited by a moderator:

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
So I suppose I gotta ask why isn't there a legit version of this for us ? What is it about the Chinese version that makes aftermarket recovery work now?

DanneSwe

Feb 20, 2014
Sundsvall
A heads up regarding this, I used it before and all worked great until today when I tried to restore my previous backup. I ended up getting stuck on a "dm-verity device corrupted force dump kernel restart" message after a reboot, factory reset didn't help I had to reflash the full Oxygen image.

666syco

Dec 16, 2011
Glen Lyon, Pa.
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
A heads up regarding this, I used it before and all worked great until today when I tried to restore my previous backup. I ended up getting stuck on a "dm-verity device corrupted force dump kernel restart" message after a reboot, factory reset didn't help I had to reflash the full Oxygen image.
Good to know thanks I was going to delete my lock screen take a back up and restore to make sure it was 100% functional cause I to have had in for about a week and half just used it to flash some stuff nothing much else.

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Hi everyone. I'm closing this one for an involuntary GPLv3 violation. More info: [Mandatory] XDA-Developers and the GPL

We understand that this is a helpful share but until we see the source code of these Chinese TWRP releases, we're keeping all links away from XDA. This is merely a precaution that benefits the security of our users. We would also like to avoid getting in trouble with the utmost respected Team Win :) Thank you for understanding. Useful feedback is welcome via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone. I'm closing this one for an involuntary GPLv3 violation. More info: [Mandatory] XDA-Developers and the GPL

We understand that this is a helpful share but until we see the source code of these Chinese TWRP releases, we're keeping all links away from XDA. This is merely a precaution that benefits the security of our users. We would also like to avoid getting in trouble with the utmost respected Team Win :) Thank you for understanding. Useful feedback is welcome via PM.

I can vouch for it, I've had it installed for at least a week, flashed kernels and did nandroid backups
    Tested. Working perfectly so far ..
    Thanks for this.