TWRP bootloop after flash EU firmware on K30 Pro/Poco F2 Pro

Do you have issue TWRP bootloop after install EU Firmware? Version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Jul 13, 2020
Trying the vbmeta.img stuff totally bricked my phone.

It wasnt possible to leave the fastboot mode anymore and it was impossible to boot twrp.

I had to use MiFlash Tool to do recovery to chinese stock rom which was a pain in the butt.
I made so many mistakes and had lots of errors too... (I am sooo happy though i changed 'clean all & lock' to 'clean all' in Flash Tool, otherwise I wouldve had to wait 180hrs for unlock again...)

Man this is so frustrating...

I am undecided wether I should just stay with CN rom for now or if I should try again.

Last edited:

rakrakrak

Feb 10, 2015
Rakovník
It wasnt possible to leave the fastboot mode anymore and it was impossible to boot twrp.

I had to use MiFlash Tool to do recovery to chinese stock rom which was a pain in the butt.
I made so many mistakes and had lots of errors too... (I am sooo happy though i changed 'clean all & lock' to 'clean all' in Flash Tool, otherwise I wouldve had to wait 180hrs for unlock again...)

Man this is so frustrating...

I am undecided wether I should just stay with CN rom for now or if I should try again.

I had the same problem, but the procedure and application from the previous post helped me (installation of misc.bin).

fenrir_ac

Jun 21, 2014
I had the same problem, but the procedure and application from the previous post helped me (installation of misc.bin).

How do I get the misc.bin file? Can't seem to find it from the cyanogenmod link.

Edit: Never mind, found it. It's in side the file from the twrp download link.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020
what to do with the misc.bin?

How do I get the misc.bin file? Can't seem to find it from the cyanogenmod link.

Edit: Never mind, found it. It's in side the file from the twrp download link.

I dont see a post giving info about misc.bin, and no step-by-step instruction.
Quite a few guys have big problems here and people come around with countless 'solutions' we never heard of,
so when it works for you please share with us your step-by-step process (or a link to a precise instruction).
Not just 'for me it worked by using XYZ'

rakrakrak

Feb 10, 2015
Rakovník
I was hoping that someone would write the procedure themselves. I have very weak English and I use a Google-translator.

My procedure was:
1) download and extract files
2) copy misc.bin and twrp-3.4.x-xx.img (I recommend TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30PRO-CN-wzsx150.img) to platform-tools
3) Install TWRP via Fastboot mode (https://www.cyanogenmods.org/twrp-poco-f2-pro/)
a) fastboot devices
b) fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
c) fastboot flash misc misc.bin
d) fastboot boot recovery.img
e) installation in TWRP file no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip (i have not done)
f) reboot ROM (check functional ROM)
g) reboot TWRP (check permanent TWRP)
4) installation of ROM and Magisk

Attachments

• platform-tools.rar
    6.7 MB · Views: 88
  • misc.rar
    113 bytes · Views: 155
  • no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip
    655.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2020
Holy cow it worked.

FIRST TRY AFTER RECOVERY TO CN ROM.
(my device was bricked after no_verity_opt_script.zip stuff so I had to go back to CN stock rom with MiFlash tool)

I used: 8/256 CN k30Pro; twrp 3.4.1b; miui 12.0.2.0

0. read down below before starting with 1!

1. I had to activate Developer mode, USB debugging again! OEM unlock was already activated

fastboot flash recovery .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
fastboot flash misc.bin
fastboot boot .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the .\ was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

then it went to twrp for 2 secs, then shut off again and went to twrp again without shutting down again.

3. never clicked on mount (so I didnt mount anything extra)
4. wiped everything (dalvik, cache, data, int. storage)
5. format data
6. copy miui to 'sdcard' from otc-usbstick
7. install
8. wiped dalvik & cache
9. reboot to system
-> NO BOOTLOOP

What did I do differently this time:
- I deleted the misc.bin and twrp.img in my adb folder and unpacked a new downloaded (twrp.zip + misc.bin).
I had two different twrp.img in my folder. But only 1 misc.bin.
(I dont know if it is a problem for twrp if there is a misc.bin from another version. But better just do same as me if you had many twrps in your adp file bc of trying different versions because of bootloops)
- I used the old MIUI12.0.2.0 zip I had many fails with before [MIUI zip is likely not the problem!]

For everyone with bootloops I recommend doing a recovery back to stock CN rom and then going back to developer options and checking usb debugging again!
Plus cleaning the TWRP and misc.bin in your adb folder, maybe not changing names of files.

I hope I can help you!!!!

Last edited:

mongorie

Feb 3, 2014
Hong Kong Poco F2 Pro, 8g 256 running global 11.0.4. fastboot loop when installing EU ROM. Flashed global EA ROM 12 instead,booted fine. Used 1b twrp and 20.4 magisk

kakarotvn

Jun 19, 2016
Ho chi minh city
(my device was bricked after no_verity_opt_script.zip stuff so I had to go back to CN stock rom with MiFlash tool)

1. I had to activate Developer mode, USB debugging again! OEM unlock was already activated

fastboot flash recovery .twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
fastboot flash misc.bin
fastboot boot .twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the . was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

then it went to twrp for 2 secs, then shut off again and went to twrp again without shutting down again.

5. format data
7. install
8. wiped dalvik & cache
9. reboot to system
-> NO BOOTLOOP

- I deleted the misc.bin and twrp.img in my adb folder and unpacked a new downloaded (twrp.zip + misc.bin).
(I dont know if it is a problem for twrp if there is a misc.bin from another version. But better just do same as me if you had many twrps in your adp file bc of trying different versions because of bootloops)
- I used the old MIUI12.0.2.0 zip I had many fails with before [MIUI zip is likely not the problem!]

For everyone with bootloops I recommend doing a recovery back to stock CN rom and then going back to developer options and checking usb debugging again!
Plus cleaning the TWRP and misc.bin in your adb folder, maybe not changing names of files.

Why do you wipe everything first then format data?
I think format first then wipe everything.
Btw, the misc.bin and checking usb debugging which i hasn't tried before. I will try it tonight.

sanoayyk

Feb 11, 2019
The only thing to do with POCO F2 Pro is...

First converting it to K30 Pro using CN fastboot ROM.

Make sure the boot logo become "Redmi" from "POCO".

Then, no need of misc.bin or vbmeta.
Just flash any twrp and eu ROM.

I managed to escape from boot-into-twrp problem by this.
POCO 6GB/128GB

wolkenkrieger

Mar 17, 2014
My experiences after several hours and several attempts last night (6/128):

1. Flash latest global via Muiflash
2. Unlock
2a. Set Pattern (no Fingerprint und no Password!)
3. Flash 3.4.1b via Fastboot
3a. Format Data
4. Reboot into Recovery
5. DON'T MOUNT ALL POSSIBLE PARTISSIONS ! JUST LET THE MOUNTS BY DEFAULT
6. Flash Rom

That's it :)

edek123

Mar 3, 2011
My experiences after several hours and several attempts last night (6/128):

2a. Set Pattern (no Fingerprint und no Password!)

That was the problem with my bootloop. After flashing global rom via xiaomi mi flash tool and setting pattern everything went smooth and now I have xiaomi.eu ROM.

Thanks for help.

nazfalas

Mar 23, 2010
fastboot flash misc.bin
->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the .\ was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

5. format data
7. install
8. wiped dalvik & cache
9. reboot to system
-> NO BOOTLOOP

This worked for me after some weird issues (did everything as I would do it on previous Xiaomi devices). Thank you!

sanoayyk

Feb 11, 2019
Guys I think the problem is the firmware difference between Poco/Redmi. Not memory type.
As my "Poco" boots eu rom successfully only when after flashed CN rom, converting to Redmi.
Did anybody with Redmi K30 Pro based on CN rom face bootloop?
Or anybody with Poco F2 Pro booted flashed over just stock global rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy cow it worked.

fastboot flash misc.bin

5. format data
    7. install
    8. wiped dalvik & cache
    9. reboot to system
    -> NO BOOTLOOP

I was hoping that someone would write the procedure themselves. I have very weak English and I use a Google-translator.

My procedure was:
    1) download and extract files
    2) copy misc.bin and twrp-3.4.x-xx.img (I recommend TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30PRO-CN-wzsx150.img) to platform-tools
    3) Install TWRP via Fastboot mode (https://www.cyanogenmods.org/twrp-poco-f2-pro/)
    a) fastboot devices
    b) fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
    c) fastboot flash misc misc.bin
    d) fastboot boot recovery.img
    e) installation in TWRP file no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip (i have not done)
    f) reboot ROM (check functional ROM)
    g) reboot TWRP (check permanent TWRP)
    4) installation of ROM and Magisk
    I've read here:
    https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-4-1-xiaomi-poco-f2-pro/

Download Files:
    1. Magisk 20.03
    2. vbmeta.img
    3. twrp 3.4.1b Poco F2 Pro
    4. Platform tools/adb Fastboot tools

Note: Flash vbmeta to fix any bootloop issue..

May be a solution. I haven't tested it so be careful.
    Why do you wipe everything first then format data?
    I think format first then wipe everything.
    Btw, the misc.bin and checking usb debugging which i hasn't tried before. I will try it tonight.
    làm như nó boot dc rồi thím ạ
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone