TWRP bootloop after flash EU firmware on K30 Pro/Poco F2 Pro

Do you have issue TWRP bootloop after install EU Firmware? Version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kakarotvn

Hi all, I'm using Redmi K30 Pro 8/128Gb.
Recently i and some other guys facing issue TWRP boot loop after flash EU firmware, no matter it is EU stable or Dev.
I can ensure that i have followed exactly guideline in both case Install new/Update as in https://xdaforums.com/poco-f2-pro/how-to/rom-xiaomi-eu-weekly-stable-miui-12-t4114423
But my phone always boot in to TWRP recovery after install(without any error in console)/Wipe Dalvik/Cache or Format.

At this time, there are some version of this device/which will support different Ram/Storage technology.
For example:
- Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro with 6/128gb will have DDR4x/UFS3.0
- Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro with 8/128 or 8/256gb will have DDR5/UFS3.1

I guess this may causing issue with some specific device. In my case, it's DDR5/UFS3.1
So i want to make a pool/report that in case you have faced this issue.
I want to know that which version you are using?

kakarotvn

I am using 12g/128g:D,but this version is available in China. I want to try miuieu but I am also afraid that I may face the same problem as you
You can try because maybe you will not get problem like others. The TWRP is unstable for some specific device i think.
At this time, i have to miflash my phone to MIUI 12 China stable. Since there is no MIUI 12 for EEA or global released.:(
But in MIUI 12 China, i can't change font. Further that some app like Gmail, Facebook, Messenger,... receive notification slowly than normal

m5ad6r

Jul 9, 2020
Chengdu,sicuan province
You can try because maybe you will not get problem like others. The TWRP is unstable for some specific device i think.
At this time, i have to miflash my phone to MIUI 12 China stable. Since there is no MIUI 12 for EEA or global released.:(
But in MIUI 12 China, i can't change font. Further that some app like Gmail, Facebook, Messenger,... receive notification slowly than normal
I don't like miui12 China, because it has a lot of advertisements, what's more it needs more RAM, 6gRAM isn't enough for miui12 china if you install a lot of softwares. I come from China, so the k30pro I bought was installed miui12 China. I often install aosp or lineage os after I bought it. However, aosp and lineage os aren't available, only gsi is available,but gsi has many problems, so I can only choose miuieu now:D

kakarotvn

I don't like miui12 China, because it has a lot of advertisements, what's more it needs more RAM, 6gRAM isn't enough for miui12 china if you install a lot of softwares. I come from China, so the k30pro I bought was installed miui12 China. I often install aosp or lineage os after I bought it. However, aosp and lineage os aren't available, only gsi is available,but gsi has many problems, so I can only choose miuieu now:D
I have to use Miui 12 China bcz no choice at this time since i cant install Miui EU normally.
I really want Miui EU bootable in my phone. The Miui global or EEA is still at 11 only

god_md5

m5ad6r

Jul 9, 2020
Chengdu,sicuan province
my k30 pro china with ,is 6gb ram 128rom ,and ddr5 and test speed is ufs3. but aututu is about 520000,info is masgisk is ok or 20.4 .20400 over 20300 is can fix bootloop, but other can install eea office rom not have patch boot ,can work..?
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/2492#issuecomment-593149828
this one magisk module maybe can help//
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-xiaomi-global-rom-cn-hardware-t3899316
6gb ram is lpddr4x, not lpddr5

Last edited:

hardziol

Account currently disabled
Jul 30, 2017
GB
I have 6/128. Why show LPDDR5?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-11-10-13-42-282_ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-11-10-13-42-282_ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 688
Jul 13, 2020
having the same problems on 8/256gb..

How do you get back to china rom?
Where can I get a step by step guide? My new phone is a dead corpse right now........

Jul 13, 2020
same question! What was your step by step process?

-flashing twrp & vbmeta
-mount anything extra or not
-wipe or not?
-format data or not?
-install via USB or from a copy to storage?
-wipe dalvik/ cache afterwards?
then reboot to system after that then format or format before reboot?
-formating afterwards? (via 'format data in twrp' or 'fastboot -w' command in adb?)
- or no format at all?

Did you do anything with magisk or no_verity_opt_encrypt.zip?
They are writing you should flash that stuff. But I dont want any root I just want EU rom without Bootloop.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holy cow it worked.

FIRST TRY AFTER RECOVERY TO CN ROM.
    (my device was bricked after no_verity_opt_script.zip stuff so I had to go back to CN stock rom with MiFlash tool)

I used: 8/256 CN k30Pro; twrp 3.4.1b; miui 12.0.2.0

0. read down below before starting with 1!

1. I had to activate Developer mode, USB debugging again! OEM unlock was already activated

fastboot flash recovery .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
    fastboot flash misc.bin
    fastboot boot .\twrp-3.4.1b-redmi-k3-pro-wzsx150.img
    ->(I used the tab to autofill the name of the file in the command window, it was showing as such, never did that before, the .\ was new for me in the code, I dont think it makes any difference. However I want to help you guys with copying my process step by step as good as possible.)

then it went to twrp for 2 secs, then shut off again and went to twrp again without shutting down again.

3. never clicked on mount (so I didnt mount anything extra)
    4. wiped everything (dalvik, cache, data, int. storage)
    5. format data
    6. copy miui to 'sdcard' from otc-usbstick
    7. install
    8. wiped dalvik & cache
    9. reboot to system
    -> NO BOOTLOOP

What did I do differently this time:
    - I deleted the misc.bin and twrp.img in my adb folder and unpacked a new downloaded (twrp.zip + misc.bin).
    I had two different twrp.img in my folder. But only 1 misc.bin.
    (I dont know if it is a problem for twrp if there is a misc.bin from another version. But better just do same as me if you had many twrps in your adp file bc of trying different versions because of bootloops)
    - I used the old MIUI12.0.2.0 zip I had many fails with before [MIUI zip is likely not the problem!]

For everyone with bootloops I recommend doing a recovery back to stock CN rom and then going back to developer options and checking usb debugging again!
    Plus cleaning the TWRP and misc.bin in your adb folder, maybe not changing names of files.

I hope I can help you!!!!
    I was hoping that someone would write the procedure themselves. I have very weak English and I use a Google-translator.

My procedure was:
    1) download and extract files
    2) copy misc.bin and twrp-3.4.x-xx.img (I recommend TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30PRO-CN-wzsx150.img) to platform-tools
    3) Install TWRP via Fastboot mode (https://www.cyanogenmods.org/twrp-poco-f2-pro/)
    a) fastboot devices
    b) fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
    c) fastboot flash misc misc.bin
    d) fastboot boot recovery.img
    e) installation in TWRP file no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip (i have not done)
    f) reboot ROM (check functional ROM)
    g) reboot TWRP (check permanent TWRP)
    4) installation of ROM and Magisk
    I've read here:
    https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-4-1-xiaomi-poco-f2-pro/

Download Files:
    1. Magisk 20.03
    2. vbmeta.img
    3. twrp 3.4.1b Poco F2 Pro
    4. Platform tools/adb Fastboot tools

Note: Flash vbmeta to fix any bootloop issue..

May be a solution. I haven't tested it so be careful.
    Why do you wipe everything first then format data?
    I think format first then wipe everything.
    Btw, the misc.bin and checking usb debugging which i hasn't tried before. I will try it tonight.
    làm như nó boot dc rồi thím ạ