TWRP - Build Flags for unusual device (Lenovo Medion X5004)

Search This thread

kai-dj

Jun 11, 2017
Ahoi!

I try to compile TWRP for my "Lenovo MEDION X5004", but I'm very unsure what build-flags to put for my device.
In particular I'm worried about the flags TARGET_ARCH, TARGET_CPU_ABI, TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT and TARGET_CPU_VARIANT.

From Qualcomm-Website-infos on "Snapdragon 615" and getprobs I guess
TARGET_ARCH := arm64 (?)
TARGET_CPU_ABI := arm64-v8a (?)
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := NO IDEA
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := cortex-a53 (?)

Am I on the right path with that? Or is it better to put more generic values (i.e. is arm64 right, or is my processor downwards compatible and I can just go with arm)?
Any other places to look for the right values than Qualcom Website and getprobs?

==APPENDIX==
Excerpt of getprobs output

Code:
[ro.product.board]: [msm8939]
[ro.product.brand]: [MEDION]
[ro.product.cpu.abi]: [arm64-v8a]
[ro.product.cpu.abilist32]: [armeabi-v7a,armeabi]
[ro.product.cpu.abilist64]: [arm64-v8a]
[ro.product.cpu.abilist]: [arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,armeabi]
[ro.product.device]: [X5004]
[ro.product.locale.language]: [en]
[ro.product.locale.region]: [US]
[ro.product.manufacturer]: [Lenovo]
[ro.product.model]: [MEDION X5004]
[ro.product.name]: [X5004]

qualcomm.com products/snapdragon/processors/615

Last edited:

Rodzzinn

Apr 24, 2014
Hi kai,

Any luck with the recovery?
if not, I'm interrested at giving it a go. How did you set up the whole build environment? any up to date guide you know of?

Edit: If you can, could you post a link to a boot.img of the recovery plz?
tyyyyy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kai-dj

kai-dj

Jun 11, 2017
I did build one, but I'm still unsure about the Build Flags and because of that I'm too big of a coward to flash the image ^^

if not, I'm interrested at giving it a go. How did you set up the whole build environment? any up to date guide you know of?
I just used the script by yuweng from https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66030554&postcount=11 as a reference. It's made for BBQLinux, but you don't need it for building Android/TWRP – maybe I should modify the script to work with any/most Linux-Distros… (I'm at my parents for a week – bad internet there – I'll come back to it next week)

I'd feel guilty if you'd brick your phone withe the image I was too coward to flash…

I plan to first flash my old phone… i hope I'll be more sure about the posibility to flash back stock recovery if it fails then (my question from https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943625&page=332)

btw: You own the very same device? Could I ask you to pull an image of systempartition an upload it somewere (or send it to me) – I deleted some stuff by accident and it'd be great if I could recover them…

Rodzzinn

Apr 24, 2014
Hi,

I own the Medion Life X5004 phone, I think it's the same.
But unfortunately I had an accident with it that prevents me from allowing ADB access.
It may seem incredible but in fact it fell on the road and a couple of cars passed on it, smashing the screen, deforming the case, even slightly deforming the battery.... but it still works!!!! I can switch it on, connect to it with USB as MTP device, retreive files etc. The volume and power buttons still work so I can access recovery and fastboot modes (a tree view of the recovery menu would be appreciated as I don't see a thing without the screen ^^ )

btw: You own the very same device? Could I ask you to pull an image of systempartition an upload it somewere (or send it to me) – I deleted some stuff by accident and it'd be great if I could recover them…
... no can do! :( without the screen I can't allow the damn adb access (Thought it was ok but no!) and so I can't issue any adb command to the phone right now.... But I remember doing an image at some point so I'll search for it and see if I an find it somewhere on my hdd's...

So if I could try to flash or boot a custom recovery, I'd flash a boot image with allowed adb access and then I could see my non-present-screen and do stuff with the phone.
I'd like to make it into a media center :D

If I'm not mistaken you can boot the recovery image without flashing it. ;)

Thanks for your hard work and the info/links you provided. Much appreciated!! :)

Reactions: kai-dj

kai-dj

Jun 11, 2017
I had an accident with it that prevents me from allowing ADB access.
It may seem incredible but in fact it fell on the road and a couple of cars passed on it, smashing the screen, deforming the case, even slightly deforming the battery.... but it still works!!!! I can switch it on, connect to it with USB as MTP device, retreive files etc. The volume and power buttons still work so I can access recovery and fastboot modes (a tree view of the recovery menu would be appreciated as I don't see a thing without the screen ^^ )
too bad :crying: :cyclops:

Stock recovery menu:
Code:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB -messagescreen "adb sideload <filename>"
wipe data/factory reset -7x no, yes delete all data, 3x no
wipe cache partition
reboot to bootloader 
power down
view recovery logs
apply update from sdcard -shows /data/media/0 first entry ".." leads back to main menu

So if I could try to flash or boot a custom recovery, I'd flash a boot image with allowed adb access and then I could see my non-present-screen and do stuff with the phone.
But how do you flash in the first place, when u don't have adb access?

I can't quite imagine how…

Thanks for your hard work and the info/links you provided. Much appreciated!! :)
Barely lifted a finger ;)

Found the images, I have boot, recovery and system images.
Uploading...
I'll update this post with a link to them ;)
<3 THX 5000

kai-dj

Jun 11, 2017
Hoihoi!

Sorry, abandoned making Custom Recovery for few month – I needed my phone and was in a lot of stress…

Will continue on it within next days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi kai,

Hi,

I own the Medion Life X5004 phone, I think it's the same.
    But unfortunately I had an accident with it that prevents me from allowing ADB access.

... no can do! :( without the screen I can't allow the damn adb access (Thought it was ok but no!) and so I can't issue any adb command to the phone right now.... But I remember doing an image at some point so I'll search for it and see if I an find it somewhere on my hdd's...

Hi kai-dj,

Found the images, I have boot, recovery and system images.
    Uploading...
    I'll update this post with a link to them ;)