TWRP can't recognize SD card, how to keep TWRP on stock rom?

Search This thread

rxzler

Jan 28, 2021
When I flashed TWRP using Odin, the stock rom is erased. When I flashed stock rom using Odin, TWRP is erased. How can I keep both? I am trying to install a custom rom but due to a bug with TWRP which doesn't recognize my external sd card (and erases everything in internal, leaving behind only TWRP), I am unable to do it.

Right now, after flashing TWRP (3.2.3, provided by DarkLord), my phone is left with no data at all and unable to mount the external SD card. So I can't transfer files from my pc. ADB Sideload doesn't work as well, it fails after few minutes of trying to start it.

tytfusokhszxc

• Feb 24, 2017
    When I flashed TWRP using Odin, the stock rom is erased. When I flashed stock rom using Odin, TWRP is erased. How can I keep both? I am trying to install a custom rom but due to a bug with TWRP which doesn't recognize my external sd card (and erases everything in internal, leaving behind only TWRP), I am unable to do it.

Right now, after flashing TWRP (3.2.3, provided by DarkLord), my phone is left with no data at all and unable to mount the external SD card. So I can't transfer files from my pc. ADB Sideload doesn't work as well, it fails after few minutes of trying to start it.

No, you can't keep both twrp and stock Rom. unless there's a Twrp flashable stock rom.
    Custom Recoveries (Twrp,Orangefox,SHRP,etc) for J7 prime have this bug i.e. unable to mount sd card or external storage.
    For this, you either have to flash rom files through OTG or connect your device to the PC, copy rom files to your internal storage and flash it.

Reactions: Padrino25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, you can't keep both twrp and stock Rom. unless there's a Twrp flashable stock rom.
      Custom Recoveries (Twrp,Orangefox,SHRP,etc) for J7 prime have this bug i.e. unable to mount sd card or external storage.
      For this, you either have to flash rom files through OTG or connect your device to the PC, copy rom files to your internal storage and flash it.