• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TWRP Coral [Official]

Search This thread

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
I'm having the same issue as @neejay01 . I did a backup of all partitions (excluding misc). While I am still in TWRP after the backup, I can see the backup when I press restore. But when I reboot the phone I cannot see the folder in any file explorer apps. The ls command does not show the folder either
Can you guys post logs so I can see what's happening? It's a stab in the dark otherwise.

Reactions: KingMike67

KingMike67

Jun 6, 2009
Mississauga
Can you guys post logs so I can see what's happening? It's a stab in the dark otherwise.

I tried to restore my phone from the backup and it boot looped. So I went back to stock and did another backup for testing purposes. I could not reproduce my previous issues. Every time I booted into TWRP I was able to backup and then see the backup when I rebooted.

I am going to try to restore the backup. Should I grab the recovery log and a logcat before I reboot from TWRP just in case it boot loops? How can I get the dmesg log if I cannot get it to boot?

My apologies, getting logs is still new to me

sasory

Feb 25, 2010
Kaliningrad
How to install TWRP with Sultan kernel? I launch TWRP, install the ZIP with the kernel, then install the TWRP in Recovery Ramdisk. I try to boot into the recovery, and freezes on the TWRP splash screen

Last edited:

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
I tried to restore my phone from the backup and it boot looped. So I went back to stock and did another backup for testing purposes. I could not reproduce my previous issues. Every time I booted into TWRP I was able to backup and then see the backup when I rebooted.

I am going to try to restore the backup. Should I grab the recovery log and a logcat before I reboot from TWRP just in case it boot loops? How can I get the dmesg log if I cannot get it to boot?

My apologies, getting logs is still new to me
Check for adb and use adb shell and adb pull.

Reactions: flash713

Roddydesu

May 6, 2018
Hello, some issues came up with my 4XL and I am attempting to fix it. I suspect that it is an offending Magisk module but I cannot even boot into system or safe mode to disable them. I am trying to use TWRP to go into /data/adb/modules to delete them. Every time I delete the modules it says "File Operation Successful", but it still doesn't boot and the modules I've supposedly deleted still show up if I boot into TWRP again. Any idea what might be happening? Thanks in advance.

Hello, some issues came up with my 4XL and I am attempting to fix it. I suspect that it is an offending Magisk module but I cannot even boot into system or safe mode to disable them. I am trying to use TWRP to go into /data/adb/modules to delete them. Every time I delete the modules it says "File Operation Successful", but it still doesn't boot and the modules I've supposedly deleted still show up if I boot into TWRP again. Any idea what might be happening? Thanks in advance.
What rom and kernel were you using prior to all this happening? How "exactly" did you install TWRP? What exact twrp did you install? Test build of TWRP or no? Was the TWRP you installed a recovery.img or installer zip? When your phone wouldn't boot what was done just before that happened?
Did you have developer options enabled and USB debugging when this all went down? Does your computer see your phone when you plug it up or no? More information and in "fine detail" and you can get much better help. Not saying that to be an asshole. People can only help so much not knowing all the details. If you had posted a summary of exactly what was done, every command you sent to your phone, what rom & kernel you were on, what TWRP you installed, was it a test build or no, was it a TWRP.img or an installer zip, how exactly did you install TWRP, what happened just before your phone wouldn't boot... If I had all that information it sure would help. Let me know all those details please and chances of a solution improve greatly.

Edit added: Before using the TWRP file manager to try to delete these magisk modules are you mounting the system partition in twrp? I guess you are or you wouldn't be able to see them..

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Tell me how to make a log? I can't install TWRP permanently. Only temporarily.
Others have already replied, but the easiest way I have found to pull a catlog is through ADB. I am sharing this for others so they can get the right type of logs needed for the devs.

Make sure you have "USB debugging" enabled in dev options, then from your PC:

adb shell
su
logcat -d > /storage/self/primary/CATLOGNAME.txt

Most of the time, this is all you need "logcat -d", or the dev will tell you otherwise. If you need (or would like to see more) then you can run: "logcat -v raw" (but it generates a LOT of logs). If an option is not specified with -v on command line, the format defaults to ANDROID_PRINTF_LOG / "threadtime" so you only need to use -v option if you want different log results.

This will save the current logs to your internal SD called CATLOGNAME.txt (so change it to something useful). This is assuming you have ROOT. The path I used is the storage path for my current ROM (full path so it doesn't hiccup on permissions), but it should work across the board:

/storage/self/primary/CATLOGNAME.txt

Using the lower case -d, will write the LOGCAT to the TXT file then close (otherwise the logcat keeps running until stopped). Using the > will "pipe" the results (write to the TXT and not on screen):

adb logcat -d Dumps the log to the screen and exits

Android apps work fine as well (CatLog) but it requires you to use/open the app, reproduce the issue, then capture it in the app, whereas ADB does it live from the shell without the back and forth of the app use.

Attachments

• LC_SHELL.jpg
    LC_SHELL.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: KingMike67

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 4 XL
How to decrypt data on Android 11, pin doesn't work and won't mount data to format.
Unfortunately the build has been confirmed that it does work so it's an issue with your specific device. In most of these cases something is corrupted and you may need to do a clean flash to solve it. I've seen very rare cases where the issue was able to be isolated.

ebowen 747

Jun 3, 2014
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
Unfortunately the build has been confirmed that it does work so it's an issue with your specific device. In most of these cases something is corrupted and you may need to do a clean flash to solve it. I've seen very rare cases where the issue was able to be isolated.
Clean install solved that problem thanks. Can I still root after twrp. Does flashing the patched boot as before interfere with recovery somehow.

ebowen 747

Jun 3, 2014
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
Clean install solved that problem thanks. Can I still root after twrp. Does flashing the patched boot as before interfere with recovery somehow.

JakeDHS07

Dec 15, 2010
North Salem NY
Google Pixel 4 XL
It shouldn't. TWRP website says reflashing root is allowed. Any kernel you had installed should still be there as before. Only root needs to be reflashed for some reason. I will say after permanent install of TWRP I had instability on first boot but after clearing cache and rebooting it was fine.

Reactions: ebowen 747

ebowen 747

Jun 3, 2014
LG V30
Google Pixel 4 XL
It shouldn't. TWRP website says reflashing root is allowed. Any kernel you had installed should still be there as before. Only root needs to be reflashed for some reason. I will say after permanent install of TWRP I had instability on first boot but after clearing cache and rebooting it was fine.
Yeah when i flash patched boot image it reverts to stock recovery. Do i need to find a way to extract the boot image from the device after twrp is installed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logs. Didn't seem to attach before.
    I'm curious why you posted a split APK manifest for this app? Was it on accident?

"package_name":"tech.incr.vulkanandroid"
    Hi. I followed the instructions to the letter and was able to flash twrp on my pixel4xl.. but, when I boot back into recovery, my touchscreen doesn't work and I can't enter in my passcode to get back into twrp. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Flash custom kernel with inbuilt touch driver
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.0_10-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project [/B]

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

coral Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_coral

A11 Testing:
    Please test and let me know if anything isn't working.

DOWNLOAD:
    Please go to https://twrp.me to download the recovery image.

Old info:

Hello, this is a test build for coral users (will work on crosshatch/blueline later).

So far I have decryption working, touch, adb and backup and restore seems to work. Super partition volumes can be mounted, and the super partition can be backed up.

TWRP seems to be pretty stable now as of test 5. Missing features include adb sideload and repacking recovery which I will be working on in the upcoming months. Android 11 will be supported when stable APIs have been release and we have time to update to that release.

June FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test1-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test4-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test6-coral.img
    - allow repacking of TWRP from boot.img
    - magisk not working currently on repacked image
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test7-coral.img
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test8-coral.img
    - fix repacking magisk with TWRP

- Credit to @Freak07 https://github.com/freak07/FLORAL - using his kernel as a base for Coral/Flame TWRP

http://twrp.me
    well.if you have a zip file would be even better

Repacking is still being worked on. Fastboot only is workable. I have mentioned this in the thread.
    For people who want to know, I am working on ramdisk issues I am having before repacking.

Please don't leave passive aggressive comments in the future.
    Hello, I released a new test image:

July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    So is there a way to restore said backed up super partition?
    Btw thanks for the work you've put in so far, it's much appreciated.

There has been a fix posted to our gerrit and merged. I am working on a ramdisk issue and will put a new test build that allows restore of super.
    Hello, I was able to get repacking working, however you need to use a kernel with LZMA ramdisk support. I am using Kirisakura-FLORAL_5.2.2.zip for testing.

Also I am now using @Freak07 FLORAL kernel as a base for the fastboot image in order to support the newer DTBO image from R.

Please see the download in the FP.

You can repack TWRP into the boot ramdisk with this version, and reboot to recovery is working. I need to test magisk next.