TWRP Coral [Official]

Search This thread

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
You overwrote the boot partition with TWRP, so android will never boot. You will need to reflash the boot.img with LOS. I would need recovery.log and logcat to debug any touch issues.
Attached are "recovery.log" and a logcat after reboot from "fastboot boot twrp*a12.img". Let me know if you need anything else. I used fastboot 33.03 (latest), I'm on LOS 19.1_091822, Magisk 25.2 and no Gapps.

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
Not sure why my attachments didn't upload. Here are links to recovery.log and logcat @bigbiff

Last edited:
Let me try that, thank you.
I noted this many times, its what you confused and caused your boot failure issues, you flashed it to boot, but you didn't do it how I advised with temp booting the .img. Instead of the temp boot, you actually overwrote the boot.img and caused the hiccups when trying to load the /system (OS) because the boot.img is no longer valid nor is what your device is expecting (hence the boot issues).

The temp method gives you TWRP, fully functional, but temporary and NON-persistant because you only booted from it, but didnt overwrite the boot.img (boot/recovery) partition. Pixel (A/B changes the recovery partition and merged with boot.img so there is no longer a recovery partition, its virtual within the boot.img. To recap, dont flash it to BOOT, just temp boot the TWRPO image, here are the steps again (for everyone else):

FROM LOS:
Temporarily flash a recovery on your device by typing: fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
I noted this many times, its what you confused and caused your boot failure issues, you flashed it to boot, but you didn't do it how I advised with temp booting the .img. Instead of the temp boot, you actually overwrote the boot.img and caused the hiccups when trying to load the /system (OS) because the boot.img is no longer valid nor is what your device is expecting (hence the boot issues).

The temp method gives you TWRP, fully functional, but temporary and NON-persistant because you only booted from it, but didnt overwrite the boot.img (boot/recovery) partition. Pixel (A/B changes the recovery partition and merged with boot.img so there is no longer a recovery partition, its virtual within the boot.img. To recap, dont flash it to BOOT, just temp boot the TWRPO image, here are the steps again (for everyone else):

FROM LOS:
Temporarily flash a recovery on your device by typing: fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img
Temporary booting to twrp*12.img also did not work (no touch screen functionality). Also, you are giving improper instructions to do this. The proper method to temporarily boot into twrp and not override current recovery is "fastboot boot twrp.img," AND NOT "fastboot flash boot twrp.img". The latter permanently removes whatever recovery is present due to the fact of "flash" command. Both methods did not have touchscreen functionality. I was erroneously using "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" and overriding my present recovery.img.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
Temporary booting to twrp*12.img also did not work (no touch screen functionality). Also, you are giving improper instructions to do this. The proper method to temporarily boot into twrp and not override current recovery is "fastboot boot twrp.img," AND NOT "fastboot flash boot twrp.img". The latter permanently removes whatever recovery is present due to the fact of "flash" command. Both methods did not have touchscreen functionality. I was erroneously using "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" and overriding my present recovery.img.
Good catch on the fastboot (I copied/replaced) from the OP and didn't catch it! NICE JOB! I HATE having typos or syntax errors unchecked! I hate it when I have syntax and newbs use my (wrong) syntax (as sound/factual/correct), then have issues or are struggling to follow them (because I had syntax errors)!! THANK YOU for the find and sorry if it caused you flash issues (permanent verses temp as I intended)! I am ONLY human, so I do make mistakes! I am not the type of man who's to macho to be wrong, nope, I am wrong ALL THE TIME (and proud of it)! You cannot learn, without making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes so I am all good with the public calling me out!!!! I have no problem being wrong, except if MY WRONG wording breaks anything, that's my only problem being wrong. I HATE BEING WRONG with syntax errors and it causes issues for users, so I DO appreciate you calling me out!!

As far as TWRP touching, what ROM version (12/13), and which TWRP .img was used, with what kernel?

legend876

Sep 16, 2022
Good catch on the fastboot (I copied/replaced) from the OP and didn't catch it! NICE JOB! I HATE having typos or syntax errors unchecked! I hate it when I have syntax and newbs use my (wrong) syntax (as sound/factual/correct), then have issues or are struggling to follow them (because I had syntax errors)!! THANK YOU for the find and sorry if it caused you flash issues (permanent verses temp as I intended)! I am ONLY human, so I do make mistakes! I am not the type of man who's to macho to be wrong, nope, I am wrong ALL THE TIME (and proud of it)! You cannot learn, without making mistakes, and learning from those mistakes so I am all good with the public calling me out!!!! I have no problem being wrong, except if MY WRONG wording breaks anything, that's my only problem being wrong. I HATE BEING WRONG with syntax errors and it causes issues for users, so I DO appreciate you calling me out!!

As far as TWRP touching, what ROM version (12/13), and which TWRP .img was used, with what kernel?
I have tried it wit latest lineageos and with it's stock kernel it has still no touch

Reactions: ax562
I have tried it wit latest lineageos and with it's stock kernel it has still no touch
Hmm maybe do a full reset/ fastboot flash system / fastboot flash erase system_a and b / fastboot oem citadel reset / reset-locks ,install firmware and try again, I tested this the other day and it worked flawlessly. Sometimes changing active slot fixes things sounds stupid but it has worked in the past for me

ax562

Aug 8, 2012

It takes a MAN to admit their mistakes. Kudos to you good sir. I make mistake and most times can admit to my mistakes (working on becoming the best me). Honestly, I made the same mistake because I was following the LOS install guide which states it's a "temporary" flash. It technically is because once the full LOS system package is installed it reflashes boot to whatever vesion is being installed. With that being said, this was all tested on LOS 19.1 v091822 (Android 12 not sure if LOS 20 is even out for Android 13) stock LOS kernel and stock recovery 091822. I used the LOS update feature from within LOS 19.1 to update (been updating using this method since LOS 19.1 v050822). I have been trying to test twrp version = twrp-3.6.2-0-a12-coral.img. I spoke with a LOS dude via irc and his thoughts on the matter were that most likely the kernel of the twrp-3.6.2-0-a12-coral.img is being compilled without touch screen support. I'm not sure if that's the case I haven't dug in too deep on this matter but I might. Curious what @bigbiff thinks? Recap, flashing or booting into active /boot slot gives no touch screen capabilities. For the folks stating that this is working, what ROM/kernel are you using? Thanks for all the feed back/help!

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
Hmm maybe do a full reset/ fastboot flash system / fastboot flash erase system_a and b / fastboot oem citadel reset / reset-locks ,install firmware and try again, I tested this the other day and it worked flawlessly. Sometimes changing active slot fixes things sounds stupid but it has worked in the past for me
I would be willing to do all of this if this device wasn't my daily driver (I can't backup without working twrp). What ROM/Kernel did you test this on when it was working?

I would be willing to do all of this if this device wasn't my daily driver (I can't backup without working twrp). What ROM/Kernel did you test this on when it was working?
Lol i would answer if I knew .. I have compulsive ocd I literally flash a new ROM every morning. *edit* I think it was protonaosp or los 19 , running krisakura kernal

Lol i would answer if I knew .. I have compulsive ocd I literally flash a new ROM every morning. *edit* I think it was protonaosp or los 19 , running krisakura kernal
I recently downgraded from 13 fw to 12. But can't remember what fw I had at the time sorry I can't be of much help , but if its any help los 19.1 supposedly needs 12.1 firmware to run , but that is incorrect as it runs flawlessly on 12 firmware

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
I recently downgraded from 13 fw to 12. But can't remember what fw I had at the time sorry I can't be of much help , but if its any help los 19.1 supposedly needs 12.1 firmware to run , but that is incorrect as it runs flawlessly on 12 firmware
As far as I know, LOS 19+ comes bundled with the appropriate firmware in their package. No need to flash OEM firmware and then flash LOS19+ like in LOS18, already baked in. So when flashing LOS 19 or 19.1, it should work regardless of what firmware was previously flashed on device.

As far as I know, LOS 19+ comes bundled with the appropriate firmware in their package. No need to flash OEM firmware and then flash LOS19+ like in LOS18, already baked in. So when flashing LOS 19 or 19.1, it should work regardless of what firmware was previously flashed on device.
Yeah true , I'm just a newb. But I read on los website or the XDA post that 12.1 is needed. ?

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
Yeah true , I'm just a newb. But I read on los website or the XDA post that 12.1 is needed. ?
Actually, you are correct, the text below explains in detail. I'm not sure if what I was remembering was for LOS 18.1 or for another device I own. My memory served me wrong and I do have the official google image for 12.1, so looks like that's what I did as well. Thanks for the correction.
Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 12.1.0 firmware.
If the vendor provided multiple updates for that version, e.g. security updates, make sure you are on the latest!
If your current installation is newer or older than Android 12.1.0, please upgrade or downgrade to the required version before proceeding (guides can be found on the internet!).

Reactions: Syntaxerror_s

Curiousn00b

Duuuuude, I remember doing this back in the day. That fresh feeling just felt so good like peeling the plastic off a new PC case, lmao.

On a side note, going to have to give this TWRP stuff a try. Might've been the Pixel 2 XL since it's been so long since I touched TWRP, but the touch screen thing I remember always being a kernel dependant with the 2XL.

Reactions: Syntaxerror_s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.0_10-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project [/B]

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

coral Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_coral

A11 Testing:
    Please test and let me know if anything isn't working.

DOWNLOAD:
    Please go to https://twrp.me to download the recovery image.

Old info:

Hello, this is a test build for coral users (will work on crosshatch/blueline later).

So far I have decryption working, touch, adb and backup and restore seems to work. Super partition volumes can be mounted, and the super partition can be backed up.

TWRP seems to be pretty stable now as of test 5. Missing features include adb sideload and repacking recovery which I will be working on in the upcoming months. Android 11 will be supported when stable APIs have been release and we have time to update to that release.

June FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test1-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test4-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test6-coral.img
    - allow repacking of TWRP from boot.img
    - magisk not working currently on repacked image
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test7-coral.img
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test8-coral.img
    - fix repacking magisk with TWRP

- Credit to @Freak07 https://github.com/freak07/FLORAL - using his kernel as a base for Coral/Flame TWRP

http://twrp.me
    well.if you have a zip file would be even better

Repacking is still being worked on. Fastboot only is workable. I have mentioned this in the thread.
    For people who want to know, I am working on ramdisk issues I am having before repacking.

Please don't leave passive aggressive comments in the future.
    Hello, I released a new test image:

July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    So is there a way to restore said backed up super partition?
    Btw thanks for the work you've put in so far, it's much appreciated.

There has been a fix posted to our gerrit and merged. I am working on a ramdisk issue and will put a new test build that allows restore of super.
    Hello, I was able to get repacking working, however you need to use a kernel with LZMA ramdisk support. I am using Kirisakura-FLORAL_5.2.2.zip for testing.

Also I am now using @Freak07 FLORAL kernel as a base for the fastboot image in order to support the newer DTBO image from R.

Please see the download in the FP.

You can repack TWRP into the boot ramdisk with this version, and reboot to recovery is working. I need to test magisk next.