TWRP Coral [Official]

Search This thread

Madjax2020

Dec 7, 2019
I have my Pixel 4XL running on Android 11. I am trying to flash Magisk to get root back, and I'm used to BOOTING to TWRP (3.4.0-0-test8-coral) to flash the Magisk Zip. When I try that, it keeps asking for a Password. I had a pattern unlock with face recognition and even tried removing all security to just a swipe. No matter what it still asks for a password when going into TWRP. Am I SOL?

You have TWRP running on android 11?

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
You have TWRP running on android 11?

No. I BOOT to TWRP

My normal process for the monthly update:
  1. Download Full Image
  2. Edit Flash-all.bat to remove "-w"
  3. Boot to bootloader and run flash-all.bat
  4. Boot to system and let it finish update
  5. Boot to Bootloader
  6. Run "fastboot boot twrp.img"
  7. Flash Magisk within TWRP
  8. Reboot system and I'm upgraded and rooted.

That is a lot easier/faster for me to do than having to extract the updated Stock boot, send to phone, patch within Magisk, copy patched image to PC, reboot and flash via bootloader. I know it sounds like its more steps, but the extraction and copying of files all over the place is nuts to me...

Reactions: sharpz811

rob_z11

No. I BOOT to TWRP

Download Full Image
Edit Flash-all.bat to remove "-w"
Boot to bootloader and run flash-all.bat
Boot to system and let it finish update
Boot to Bootloader
Run "fastboot boot twrp.img"
Flash Magisk within TWRP
Reboot system and I'm upgraded and rooted.

That is a lot easier/faster for me to do than having to extract the updated Stock boot, send to phone, patch within Magisk, copy patched image to PC, reboot and flash via bootloader. I know it sounds like its more steps, but the extraction and copying of files all over the place is nuts to me...
So you are technically booting into TWRP every time you need to do something, but it doesn't write or install recovery to any partition.

Does it work for android 11?

still havent gotten my phone to boot back up yet. i used the stock firmware "flashall.bat" but now it gets stuck at the "G" boot logo. Just bootloops. help im stuck now and for some reason it shut off and now when i try to power on or try to go to recovery or anything it to goes right back to the bootloader menu on the bootloader screen it says towards the bottom
Boot slot: b
Enter reason: no valid slot to boot
Debug policy(a): enabled(not in list)
Debug policy(b): enabled(not in list)

nevermind got it back up
still wondering which partition in twrp i should have flashed the twrp.img to ?

Hello, I was wondering what does
mean?
I'm here from this thread and I need help to maybe make it disappear (I get it even after wipe and flash image).
My secure boot and NOS production is also messed up, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PREVIEWS OWNER DID, i just want a normal phone ;_;
thread: https://xdaforums.com/pixel-3-xl/help/how-to-deep-flash-partitions-to-stock-t4190109#post83924441

1dopewrx05

No. I BOOT to TWRP

Download Full Image
Edit Flash-all.bat to remove "-w"
Boot to bootloader and run flash-all.bat
Boot to system and let it finish update
Boot to Bootloader
Run "fastboot boot twrp.img"
Flash Magisk within TWRP
Reboot system and I'm upgraded and rooted.

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that TWRP, in it's current form, does not work with android 11. The reason it's asking for a pw regardless of having one set or not is because of the incompatibility. It will not work with A.11

mattwheat

Oct 25, 2012
BIRMINGHAM
Hello, I was wondering what does
mean?
I'm here from this thread and I need help to maybe make it disappear (I get it even after wipe and flash image).
My secure boot and NOS production is also messed up, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE PREVIEWS OWNER DID, i just want a normal phone ;_;
thread: https://xdaforums.com/pixel-3-xl/help/how-to-deep-flash-partitions-to-stock-t4190109#post83924441

I ended up using the Android Flashing Tool.
It allows you to flash your Pixel device directly from your PC's browser. It put the simplest AOSP on your phone. It will look like you've booted android 3.2 gingerbread once it boots. So you'll need to have the latest full stock image file. Meaning not the OTA but the full file. Once you get your phone booted back up you'll go back to bootloader/fastboot mode by trying off the phone, then hold the volume down button and the power button together till it comes up in bootloader mode. Connect it to your PC and extract the full stock file and go into the file folder and click the "flashall.bat".
It will do everything for you. Should take about 10 mins if that. When it reboots just hit any key on your PC to exit, unplug your phone, and go thru the normal setup. This will return you to stock out the box like it was brand new.
But to answer your original question... I don't know what it means. That's why I was asking? Lmao
Goodluck

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
It's been stated multiple times in this thread that TWRP, in it's current form, does not work with android 11. The reason it's asking for a pw regardless of having one set or not is because of the incompatibility. It will not work with A.11

Well, I guess it would be swell if the OP could at least put that line in the 1st post... searching through 40+ pages to try an extrapolate that fact was fruitless on my part.

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
Well, I guess it would be swell if the OP could at least put that line in the 1st post... searching through 40+ pages to try an extrapolate that fact was fruitless on my part.

"TWRP seems to be pretty stable now as of test 5. Missing features include adb sideload and repacking recovery which I will be working on in the upcoming months. Android 11 will be supported when stable APIs have been release and we have time to update to that release."

From the OP in first post. Please actually read posts before accusing them of lacking information clearly included.

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
"TWRP seems to be pretty stable now as of test 5. Missing features include adb sideload and repacking recovery which I will be working on in the upcoming months. Android 11 will be supported when stable APIs have been release and we have time to update to that release."

From the OP in first post. Please actually read posts before accusing them of lacking information clearly included.

That's not crystal clear for us non-Devs, or at least me in particular. I read through it and interpreted "supported" as in "I'll provide support for TWRP on Android 11 when..." So basically I misinterpreted it as it will run, but they can't provide support/help. Sometimes simple is best:. "TWRP will not run/function on Android 11 until..."

It's a misunderstanding and I'd appreciate your consideration of that instead of jumping to a veiled insult of me.

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
That's not crystal clear for us non-Devs, or at least me in particular. I read through it and interpreted "supported" as in "I'll provide support for TWRP on Android 11 when..." So basically I misinterpreted it as it will run, but they can't provide support/help. Sometimes simple is best:. "TWRP will not run/function on Android 11 until..."

It's a misunderstanding and I'd appreciate your consideration of that instead of jumping to a veiled insult of me.

I'm certainly not trying to insult you. I apologize if something I said gave that impression. I was simply trying to advise you, as an RC/member with a lot of experience here, how to stay in compliance with rule 1 of XDA's Forum Rules in regards to a situation like this one.

Rule 1:
1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.

From XDA Forum Rules: https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Sorry if you thought that was me trying to insult or embarrass you. I was just trying to show you the information was right in the OP & how to approach it next time - sometimes things don't come across as you mean them, and again I'm sorry if I offended ya.

Lastly - you'll be served well to always assume the latest stated date without a link is accurate. Developers and users tend to make a big deal out of Android version bumps. If you're looking for it and seeing evidence it may or may not be there.. it's likely not there yet but coming.

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
I'm certainly not trying to insult you. I apologize if something I said gave that impression. I was simply trying to advise you, as an RC/member with a lot of experience here, how to stay in compliance with rule 1 of XDA's Forum Rules in regards to a situation like this one.

Rule 1:
1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.

From XDA Forum Rules: https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Sorry if you thought that was me trying to insult or embarrass you. I was just trying to show you the information was right in the OP & how to approach it next time - sometimes things don't come across as you mean them, and again I'm sorry if I offended ya.

Lastly - you'll be served well to always assume the latest stated date without a link is accurate. Developers and users tend to make a big deal out of Android version bumps. If you're looking for it and seeing evidence it may or may not be there.. it's likely not there yet but coming.

I did search the post and nowhere in my search results did I find a post that the OP or anyone stated that Android 11 was the cause of the issue and that TWRP didn't function on 11. The OP has a lot going on in the 1st post, but what l was unable to interpret from it was Android 11 = no dice. I have seen other threads by Devs where they will put sections like "What works:" and "What's broke:" and though I am not saying everyone has to do that, something along those lines will help make my original comment null and void. I've been on these boards for a long time and know the rules of the road, etc. Carry on...

Reactions: curiousrom

friedCELLS

Sep 17, 2010
San Diego
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have now made it. The main point was/is that the installation of TWRP does not work. No matter which options you choose.
The temporary start works:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-test9-coral.img
so I could install LineageOS 17.1 for the Pixel 4XL.

What doesn't work is to temporarily start LineageOS TWRP again after the installation although I use exactly the same command.
The device starts with TWRP but I only see the background. No buttons ect. So I can do nothing with it. I would need TWRP to install microG.
Does anyone have any tips for me on how to do this?
I have the same problem as this user. After Lineage 17.1 is installed, I installed the recommended kernel from OP using FKM. After that, if I try to boot TWRP even just temporarily using fastboot boot twrp.img (using correct filename), it just hangs at TWRP loading screen as he shows in his photo on his next post. Same thing. This TWRP does not seem to work with LineageOS installed.

friedCELLS

Sep 17, 2010
San Diego
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have now made it. The main point was/is that the installation of TWRP does not work. No matter which options you choose.
The temporary start works:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-test9-coral.img
so I could install LineageOS 17.1 for the Pixel 4XL.

What doesn't work is to temporarily start LineageOS TWRP again after the installation although I use exactly the same command.
The device starts with TWRP but I only see the background. No buttons ect. So I can do nothing with it. I would need TWRP to install microG.
Does anyone have any tips for me on how to do this?
Just so you know, you don't need TWRP to install Microg. You can follow this video to do it:

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
I have the same problem as this user. After Lineage 17.1 is installed, I installed the recommended kernel from OP using FKM. After that, if I try to boot TWRP even just temporarily using fastboot boot twrp.img (using correct filename), it just hangs at TWRP loading screen as he shows in his photo on his next post. Same thing. This TWRP does not seem to work with LineageOS installed.
Can we get debug logs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 3.5.0_10-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project [/B]

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Easy selection of internal/external storage

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/TeamWin/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.twrp.me

If you have made your own TWRP build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

coral Device Config: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_device_google_coral

A11 Testing:
    Please test and let me know if anything isn't working.

DOWNLOAD:
    Please go to https://twrp.me to download the recovery image.

Old info:

Hello, this is a test build for coral users (will work on crosshatch/blueline later).

So far I have decryption working, touch, adb and backup and restore seems to work. Super partition volumes can be mounted, and the super partition can be backed up.

TWRP seems to be pretty stable now as of test 5. Missing features include adb sideload and repacking recovery which I will be working on in the upcoming months. Android 11 will be supported when stable APIs have been release and we have time to update to that release.

June FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test1-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test4-coral.img
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test6-coral.img
    - allow repacking of TWRP from boot.img
    - magisk not working currently on repacked image
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test7-coral.img
    August FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test8-coral.img
    - fix repacking magisk with TWRP

- Credit to @Freak07 https://github.com/freak07/FLORAL - using his kernel as a base for Coral/Flame TWRP

http://twrp.me
    well.if you have a zip file would be even better

Repacking is still being worked on. Fastboot only is workable. I have mentioned this in the thread.
    For people who want to know, I am working on ramdisk issues I am having before repacking.

Please don't leave passive aggressive comments in the future.
    Hello, I released a new test image:

July FW Date https://build.twrp.me/test/coral/twrp-3.4.0-0-test5-coral.img
    - fix restoring of persist partition
    - fix restoring of super partition
    So is there a way to restore said backed up super partition?
    Btw thanks for the work you've put in so far, it's much appreciated.

There has been a fix posted to our gerrit and merged. I am working on a ramdisk issue and will put a new test build that allows restore of super.
    Hello, I was able to get repacking working, however you need to use a kernel with LZMA ramdisk support. I am using Kirisakura-FLORAL_5.2.2.zip for testing.

Also I am now using @Freak07 FLORAL kernel as a base for the fastboot image in order to support the newer DTBO image from R.

Please see the download in the FP.

You can repack TWRP into the boot ramdisk with this version, and reboot to recovery is working. I need to test magisk next.