• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP + crDroid - Cannot Encrypt Device

Search This thread

Sieges

Dec 18, 2014
Hi,
Long story short - Trying to encrypt my phone so that I can properly use Work Profile with Intune Company portal as my employer requires the phone to be encrypted.

Have flashed twrp-3.6.0_11-0-guacamolev2.img and using latest crDroid. When i press Encrypt, phone freezes and gets stuck in a boot loop. I have to wipe the phone in order for it to boot again. I have founds some posts where it seems that one cannot encrypt the phone with twrp, and some posts and guides where it seems as people have been able to by shorteing the block count in the data partition (i have not tired this - a bit wary since the post was two years old). I have tried to boot the mauronofrio TWRP builds, but after I have sent to boot in fastboot mode, the phone never gets past the "Fastboot Mode" screen.

Any idea, or even better - guides, would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you!

abhi0502

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,
Long story short - Trying to encrypt my phone so that I can properly use Work Profile with Intune Company portal as my employer requires the phone to be encrypted.

Have flashed twrp-3.6.0_11-0-guacamolev2.img and using latest crDroid. When i press Encrypt, phone freezes and gets stuck in a boot loop. I have to wipe the phone in order for it to boot again. I have founds some posts where it seems that one cannot encrypt the phone with twrp, and some posts and guides where it seems as people have been able to by shorteing the block count in the data partition (i have not tired this - a bit wary since the post was two years old). I have tried to boot the mauronofrio TWRP builds, but after I have sent to boot in fastboot mode, the phone never gets past the "Fastboot Mode" screen.

Any idea, or even better - guides, would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you!
refer here (Do clean flash again)

Sieges

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you very much. Don't know how i missed that one.
I have flashed and phone says Encrypted. However, when booting TWRP to flash Magisk, i cannot see any files - nor do i get prompted for a password. Is there a trick to Decrypting?