[TWRP][E5823] TWRP for Z5 Compact [10.11.15]

Search This thread

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
I want to root my device but you are saying that the colors are a bit distorted so I don't know, can you please upload screenshots or something? Also my model is E5803 and the firmware version is 32.0.A.5.12

Will this root method work with my model and firmware version? Maybe I'll have to wait a little more until the colors are fixed or until an easier and more safe method is available for this phone...

NPK06

Sep 22, 2015
Luxembourg
I want to root my device but you are saying that the colors are a bit distorted so I don't know, can you please upload screenshots or something? Also my model is E5803 and the firmware version is 32.0.A.5.12

Will this root method work with my model and firmware version? Maybe I'll have to wait a little more until the colors are fixed or until an easier and more safe method is available for this phone...

The colors are weird only in recovery. It works totally fine otherwise. TWRP had orange hues instead of the normal blue, but it got fixed. Don't know it it'll work with the E5803, though.

Reactions: rolo143

thewade

Oct 14, 2007
Kyiv
This TWRP supports encryption Android? Four hours hanging inscription "Trying Decryption with your password".

Attachments

• 20151130_093715.jpg
    20151130_093715.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 634

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
Pls can someone test this recovery in the model e5803? I want to install a recovery for my model but don't wanna mess it up. Or will we have to wait for another method to install recovery in my model?

Btw I'm running the latest firmware version for this phone 32.0.A.6.200

thanks

Last edited:

asuraaaa

Aug 18, 2012
Hello,
Pardon the rookie question, Should we unlock the bootloader? In other smartphone this was necessary.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for Z5 Compact E5823

Credits first
    Most of the ideas and some of the code are kang'd from @dl12345 and his TWRP v2.8.7.0 for Sony Z3+
    The first release of this recovery was based on Zombie b1 by @Tommy-Geenexus

Known problems
    • Colors are a bit distorted - but I think it looks good (fixed)
    • Not working with encrypted phone (unconfirmed)

How to build
    Not for beginners

Please contribute to my repositories by creating pull requests if you manage to fix any bugs

First, sync omnirom sources:
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-5.1
    repo sync
    Waaaaaiiiiiit.

Create a local manifest:
    Code:
    mkdir .repo/local_manifests/
    nano .repo/local_manifests/twrp.xml
    Manifest contents:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <remote name="sony" fetch="git://github.com/sonyxperiadev/" />
    <remote name="jackfagner" fetch="git://github.com/jackfagner/" />
    <project path="device/sony/kitakami" name="twrp-device-sony-kitakami" groups="device" remote="jackfagner" revision="TWRP" />
    <project path="device/sony/suzuran" name="twrp-device-sony-suzuran" groups="device" remote="jackfagner" revision="TWRP" />
    <project path="kernel/sony/kitakami" name="twrp-kernel-sony-kitkami" groups="device" remote="jackfagner" revision="TWRP" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/system/dtbtool" name="twrp_vendor_sony_system_dtbtool" groups="device" remote="jackfagner" revision="TRWP-28.0.A.8.251" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/system/mkivybootimg" name="twrp_vendor_sony_system_mkivybootimg" groups="device" remote="jackfagner" revision="TRWP-28.0.A.8.251" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/system/thermanager" name="thermanager" groups="device" remote="sony" revision="master" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/system/macaddrsetup" name="macaddrsetup" groups="device" remote="sony" revision="master" />
    <project path="vendor/sony/system/timekeep" name="timekeep" groups="device" remote="sony" revision="master" />
    </manifest>

Sync again.
    Code:
    repo sync

Download Sony binaries and unzip inside repo dir:
    Code:
    unzip SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_L_MR1_v12.zip

Setup your environment variables (ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE), then build as usual:
    Code:
    source build/envsetup.sh && lunch
    make -j 4 recoveryimage

Binary download

Current (kernel and recovery):
    TWRP for Z5C, based on kernel 32.0.A.6.152 (v2) (10.11.15)
    GDrive mirror for all you MEGA haters

Old versions:
    TWRP for Z5C, based on kernel 32.0.A.6.152 (v1) (07.11.15)
    TWRP for Z5C, based on kernel 32.0.A.5.32 (29.10.15)
    TWRP for Z5C, first release (28.10.15) - recovery only

Instructions

Boot using:
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

Or, better yet, flash to your phone (will replace your kernel):
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    When you see an amber LED, press volume buttons a few times to boot to TWRP.

Instructions to kernel developers (I'm looking at you @Tommy-Geenexus)

Like most Sony phones, the Z5/Z5C cannot boot from the recovery (FOTAKernel) partition.
    This is "solved" by letting the kernel boot image chain load the recovery ramdisk.
    I was looking around for a nice script to do this, but - no offence - they were all pretty bad.

So I wrote a less bad one:
    https://github.com/jackfagner/twrp-sony-recovery-boot-script
    Hey guys
    Thanks to some advice from AndroPlus I got usb-otg to work in TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Z5C, even if your using AndroPlus kernel.
    usb-otg, pc, external usb mounts working.
    https://mega.nz/#!kxgzQAwK!04Nrn98vxChFRoyN8y0JvD9VRTf-0CrM6qx_9WldDVw
    TWRP 3.0 SonyZ5C Marshmallow

Hi Z5C users
    AndroPlus on the z5 thread has made custom kernel for z5c that is TWRP friendly. Download V20
    http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z5/development/kernel-andropluskernel-v1-t3246100

I built TWRP 3.0 for e5823 running MM.
    Briefly tested on my phone (installed AndroPlus Kernel V20, SU, BB and DRM restore, created a backup and deleted un wanted back ups.) works so far.
    Can not detect USB OTG (yet)
    This will do the job until a proper dev makes a better version.

This is just the recovery.img. Not a kernel. Boot in to it using AndroPlus Kernel or adb after flashing to recovery partition via fastboot.

https://mega.nz/#!choTQKaa!_MQFdFiu-9m_A2lhgWJWh-1A8rhgu86PBuIM5sBlKkw

I didn’t want to hi-jack this thread. When nilezon has time to update I can remove the link if he wants.
    Enjoy!
    Please publish the Sd card fix/code. Maybe it can be used to fix SD detection in CM13?

Pushed it to github. your looking for android_device_sony_kitakami-common - test branch.
    Also I built TWRP 3.0.2-0 for z5c MM. USB still not working.
    Edit: got usb-otg to work. Now all mount points in TWRP, PC, external sd-card and usb-otg working with AndroPlus Kernel.
    https://mega.nz/#!s0omADJC!yWMGUFbM7BSohAwJUQctOLz6Xve_IFnd2tt5fLzp3xo
    https://mega.nz/#!kxgzQAwK!04Nrn98vxChFRoyN8y0JvD9VRTf-0CrM6qx_9WldDVw