[TWRP][FIGO][EMUI-9.x] TWRP 3.5.2 for Huawei P Smart 2018

Search This thread

amoguscrewmate69

Jul 26, 2022
Unlocked my FIG-LA1’s bootloader with PotatoNV. Now trying to flash twrp using fast boot, but getting the following error:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery C:\platform-tools\twrp-3.5.2-v1-figo-emui8.img
Sending 'recovery' (14894 KB) OKAY [ 0.570s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'partition length get error')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Any solutions?
Edit: Flash successful by using recovery_ramdisk,but it’s still going into the stock recovery. You’re supposed to go into recovery by power+volume up right?

Edit 2: Got into twrp recovery by going into fastboot disconnecting cable and selecting boot recovery, successfully flashed aosp extended 6.7 but now I am bootlooping into twrp. Any fixes?
i did the fastboot disconnecting cable thing and i kept bootlooping into twrp like you but my dumbass decided to factory reset using twrp and it said it was done and wasnt finishing so i figured to turn it off but now its just on a static screen of twrp start that doesnt do anything. i mightve soft bricked my phone (also it doesnt get detected as a device)

Can anyone send me a backup of the whole phone ? (mine is LX1) Because my backup is not working (when i restore system it brings up with "extractTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255" and same with Vendor.
I also got a problem, i can not flash system.img from update.app because the img is 1gb too heavy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks

this is TWRP 3.3.1-0 for our beloved Huawei P Smart 2018 based on EMUI 9.x firmware.

Bugs
    • ADB is "unauthorized".
    • MTP (it is a common bug, I test Charlotte TWRP on our phone looks like doesn't work even on official version) so use sideload.

Changes

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP Recovery for P Smart 2018, ROM for the Huawei P Smart

Contributors
    haky 86
    Source Code: https://github.com/hak86/android_device_huawei_figo-twrp

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui-9.x
    Based On: LineageOS/AOSP

Version Information
    Alpha
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-08
    Beta Release Date: 2019-10-08

Created 2019-10-08
    Last Updated 2019-10-08
    I was able to flash the twrp-3.5.2-v1-figo-emui8.img onto the Honor 6X. I am assuming it just works with all the Hi6250 family of phones. Much thanks. :)

It looked like it displays the partitioning layout differently from an older version of TWRP. The AOSP 10 build that I had installed failed to boot. I am not sure if this is the place to put this, but here's my logcat.

One of the differences I see early on between the broken-boot and the normal-boot is that the normal boot also has this line in the log:
    Code:
    I resize2fs: type=1400 audit(0.0:45): avc: denied { ioctl } for path="/system" dev="mmcblk0p51" ino=2 ioctlcmd=6610 scontext=u:r:phhsu_daemon:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_file:s0 tclass=dir permissive=1

The broken boot's logs also stop at the boot animation, just before all the Cryptfs stuff happens in the normal boot.
    Code:
    I SurfaceFlinger: Enter boot animation
    I adbd    : <unknown>: already offline

Edit: I figured out what the issue might be. The boot issues seemed to have something to do with the storage being encrypted. I tried flashing LineageOS 18.1 with it's specified Recovery image and I was having boot hang issues. It started to work after I flashed in a zip for decrypting the storage.
    that rom is not mine, ask that dev.