TWRP Flash able vendor(v12.0.1.0) for Redmi 9(Lancelot)

Search This thread

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Redmi 9
Feature:
1.Their are not any framware file in it...
2.Your framware will untouched.
3.Can be flash via any custom recovery (twrp cn is recommended)
4.Fix video recording freezing issue...

If you want to use custom rom and you are not in miui version 12.0.1.0 which is needed for boot custom rom then twrp flash able vendor zip file is very handy it is very small(250mb) download and flash it from below link and enjoy custom rom what ever frameare you have currently installed

Last edited:

Vvornth

Apr 17, 2021
Hello,
I must thank you for all the posts you make, they do help alot, you helped with my issues with freezing video recording, I began to loose hope to fix it, THANKS :).

Can I ask you, if there are any requirements for vendor to be flashed with a success? I'm asking because I tried to flash vendor few weeks ago, and I soft bricked my device, what I did was I installed vendor 12.0.1.0, on Redmi 9 (EU one). Flashing was done while having custom rom on the device. From what I understand, vendor should flash onto any rom (Could you please correct me if I'm wrong? Thank you. )

my FAILED flashing process was: Stock Global 12.0.2.0 -> TWRP -> Custom Rom -*> Vendor 12.0.1.0 which bricked my device (had full backup from stock, so nothing scarry happened :)). Was it because I tried to downgrade, and anti-rollback mechanism caused a bootloop (had to use SP flash tool to unbrick)?

Maybe that it'll help someone not to make a mistake I did :).

I thought I'd share how camera got fixed for me, because I saw people ask about it, but no solution.
!!
I was fiddling with vendor images, because of camera recording was not working for me on any custom rom, and I think the issue, is, that my Redmi 9 is galahad, EU that came with EU 12.0.1.0, not Lancelot Global 12.0.1.0. I had to flash 12.0.1.0 GLOBAL (I clean flashed stock GLOBAL rom before the custom rom) to fix camera issues, NOT the 12.0.1.0 EEAGLOBAL (EU)
!!

flashing GLOBAL 12.0.1.0 onto EU Redmi 9 solved my video recording issues:

probably an overkill, but thats what Ive done
(wipe dalvik, data, internal, cache) -> Flash Redmi 9 Global V12.0.1.0.QJCMIXM (I did it through TWRP) -> (format data, wipe all again) -> Install Pixel experience official, but this time with video recording functional.

VIDEO RECORDING DID NOT WORK FOR ME WHEN EEAGLOBAL V12.0.1.0 (EU) was used. And I suspect, that this is the core issue, of why some people are having issues with camera and some don't.
So:
flash Global 12.0.1.0 and you'll be happy. (I only mention ROM, because that worked for me, I've no experience with vendor images). Sorry for the long post, hope it helps someone.

Reactions: Shas45558

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Redmi 9
Hello,
I must thank you for all the posts you make, they do help alot, you helped with my issues with freezing video recording, I began to loose hope to fix it, THANKS :).

Can I ask you, if there are any requirements for vendor to be flashed with a success? I'm asking because I tried to flash vendor few weeks ago, and I soft bricked my device, what I did was I installed vendor 12.0.1.0, on Redmi 9 (EU one). Flashing was done while having custom rom on the device. From what I understand, vendor should flash onto any rom (Could you please correct me if I'm wrong? Thank you. )

my FAILED flashing process was: Stock Global 12.0.2.0 -> TWRP -> Custom Rom -*> Vendor 12.0.1.0 which bricked my device (had full backup from stock, so nothing scarry happened :)). Was it because I tried to downgrade, and anti-rollback mechanism caused a bootloop (had to use SP flash tool to unbrick)?

I thought I'd share how camera got fixed for me, because I saw people ask about it, but no solution.
!!
I was fiddling with vendor images, because of camera recording was not working for me on any custom rom, and I think the issue, is, that my Redmi 9 is galahad, EU that came with EU 12.0.1.0, not Lancelot Global 12.0.1.0. I had to flash 12.0.1.0 GLOBAL (I clean flashed stock GLOBAL rom before the custom rom) to fix camera issues, NOT the 12.0.1.0 EEAGLOBAL (EU)
!!

(wipe dalvik, data, internal, cache) -> Flash Redmi 9 Global V12.0.1.0.QJCMIXM (I did it through TWRP) -> (format data, wipe all again) -> Install Pixel experience official, but this time with video recording functional.

VIDEO RECORDING DID NOT WORK FOR ME WHEN EEAGLOBAL V12.0.1.0 (EU) was used. And I suspect, that this is the core issue, of why some people are having issues with camera and some don't.
So:
flash Global 12.0.1.0 and you'll be happy. (I only mention ROM, because that worked for me, I've no experience with vendor images). Sorry for the long post, hope it helps someone.
Tnx a lot bro....your device break because the vendor you download it has some framware file in it...but i made the vendor zip file with out any framware file and so it work on any version rom you have....tnx

And from where you find v12.0.1.0 vendor which is cause for soft break your device...link plz

Vvornth

Apr 17, 2021
Sorry, my intention wasn't to discredit you by any means, I took vendor from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/lancelot/ when I played with it, Im quite sure, that my lack of knowledge was the cause of brick, maybe I wasn't clear enough on that. just wanted to get some more info on subject, so that I, and possibly others could avoid that step in the future. If we won't share such stories, there won't be much progress. My understanding, that the more stories there is, successes and fails, the more we know of what to do and how to do it.
As for the part about cam recording, there is so little info on it, I wanted to share that 12.0.1.0 EU is not the same as 12.0.1.0 GLOBAL, (which I discovered by trial and error, yesterday just before I wrote that post, got a little carried out by it, managed to fix something that was not functional for a long time) and seen others asking about freezing cam recording also. I think they might have been trying wrong 12.0.1.0

Again sory, my intention was only to share my part of the story, and ask you nicely about your opinion on possible cause, because if it happened once, it can happen again, if I won't know why it happened. It didn't even crossed my mind, that you could take it as an offence. I hope therell be no hard feelings.

Reactions: Blindsword6

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Redmi 9
Sorry, my intention wasn't to discredit you by any means, I took vendor from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/lancelot/ when I played with it, Im quite sure, that my lack of knowledge was the cause of brick, maybe I wasn't clear enough on that. just wanted to get some more info on subject, so that I, and possibly others could avoid that step in the future. If we won't share such stories, there won't be much progress. My understanding, that the more stories there is, successes and fails, the more we know of what to do and how to do it.
As for the part about cam recording, there is so little info on it, I wanted to share that 12.0.1.0 EU is not the same as 12.0.1.0 GLOBAL, (which I discovered by trial and error, yesterday just before I wrote that post, got a little carried out by it, managed to fix something that was not functional for a long time) and seen others asking about freezing cam recording also. I think they might have been trying wrong 12.0.1.0

Again sory, my intention was only to share my part of the story, and ask you nicely about your opinion on possible cause, because if it happened once, it can happen again, if I won't know why it happened. It didn't even crossed my mind, that you could take it as an offence. I hope therell be no hard feelings.
It is global vendor ...i think it work with eu also...did you fix recording problem by install the global vendor on eu rom....if not then tell me what happened??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, recording started to work correctly, after i installed 12.0.1.0 global ROM on eu redmi 9, before custom ROM.
    Thanks, bro. I have on miui 12.0.3.0 global did not work (freeze) video recording on custom kernels, thanks to your vendor everything worked.
    Feature:
    1.Their are not any framware file in it...
    2.Your framware will untouched.
    3.Can be flash via any custom recovery (twrp cn is recommended)
    4.Fix video recording freezing issue...

If you want to use custom rom and you are not in miui version 12.0.1.0 which is needed for boot custom rom then twrp flash able vendor zip file is very handy it is very small(250mb) download and flash it from below link and enjoy custom rom what ever frameare you have currently installed

Hello,

!!
    !!

So:

Yes, recording started to work correctly, after i installed 12.0.1.0 global ROM on eu redmi 9, before custom ROM.
    Thanks, bro. I have on miui 12.0.3.0 global did not work (freeze) video recording on custom kernels, thanks to your vendor everything worked.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone