• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP flashable] Poland v20b stock rom - Marshmallow

Search This thread

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
This is a short post theres not much to say since all these are stock roms. I just extracted the P4P MM rom from poland to make a TWRP flashable zip.

Main advantage is that we can keep recovery at the same time we run this MM rom so we can root by simply flashing supersu.

So here it is:

Polish v20b rom

###########################THIS IS OLD AND AT THE DATE WE KNOW IT'S CAUSED BY THE ABOOT, SEE BELOW FOR SOLUTION###########################
############################################KEPT IN CASE SOMEBODY WANTS v10i##############################################
In my case I experienced signal problems that were solved by flashing a v10i rom as base instead of the proposed v10f from where we got our aboot flashed, device didn't break. I think this is important for south american users because of different basebands, so I also uploaded that one here:

v10i ROM
For similar situation don't do any wipe and flash over that v10i the polish v20b rom.
#################################################################################################################

For Argentina/Some latin american countries, you should use the Argentinian Aboot provided by pvineeth97 there, for latin american countries where you experience issues with 3g/LTE you can also try using this aboot in order to get that working, keep in mind argentinian bands are:

2G (EDGE, GSM/GPRS): Bandas 850 / 1900 MHz
3G (HSPA+, UMTS/WCDMA): Bandas 850 / 1900 MHz
4G (LTE): Bandas 4 (AWS o 1700) / 7 (2600) / 28 (APT o 700*)
source

So you should google the bands your country/carrier is using and see if there's a match with the bands above, keep in mind LTE band 7 has been recently added so probably I wouldn't count that one.

I also leave here the rom template I modified from lg g2 in case someone finds it useful

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2yRgOWuE8rJZmlUaWF5aFg4Z1E

Get TWRP flashable supersu HERE

Last edited:

walterfuster

May 10, 2016
awesome dude!. Finally f*** MM can be rooted :D. Only one thing: Why P4P version and not the unbranded one, which is free of bloatware? Maybe you don't get it cause links broken, right? I have a v20b Poland unbranded kdz, if you want.

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
awesome dude!. Finally f*** MM can be rooted :D. Only one thing: Why P4P version and not the unbranded one, which is free of bloatware? Maybe you don't get it cause links broken, right? I have a v20b Poland unbranded kdz, if you want.

Because p4p has spanish and it doesn't pop the cust error at booting, if yours do so please upload it! :D

Reactions: 69PerTTu69

mayankjet

Apr 25, 2014
This is a short post theres not much to say since all these are stock roms. I just extracted the P4P MM rom from poland to make a TWRP flashable zip.

Main advantage is that we can keep recovery at the same time we run this MM rom so we can root by simply flashing supersu.

So here it is:

Polish v20b rom

In my case I experienced signal problems that were solved by flashing a v10i rom as base instead of the proposed v10f from where we got our aboot flashed, device didn't break. I think this is important for south american users because of different basebands, so I also uploaded that one here:

v10i ROM
For similar situation don't do any wipe and flash over that v10i the polish v20b rom.

I also leave here the rom template I modified from lg g2 in case someone finds it useful

No network after installing mm, it says service disabled.

Last edited:

walterfuster

May 10, 2016
I've been observing into the flashable zip, and see there's an aboot. bin which is from MM ROM I want to flash.
So, how is after flashing the bootloader is still unlocked??

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
I've been observing into the flashable zip, and see there's an aboot. bin which is from MM ROM I want to flash.
So, how is after flashing the bootloader is still unlocked??

It isn't from MM ROM, I replaced it with the modified one in order to TWRP wich is also included in the rom to pass signature verification.

walterfuster

May 10, 2016
It isn't from MM ROM, I replaced it with the modified one in order to TWRP wich is also included in the rom to pass signature verification.

Sorry @Korelev, if I ask you so much, but I'm downloading Baltic kdz proposed here, and I'm gonna create a flashable zip with it.
Please, tell me if the steps I think to follow are correct or there's some of error with them:

Run WindowsLgFirmwareExtractor and do this:
Extract dz file from kdz. Discard the .dll ones.
Extract all files from dz file.
Do merge system-bin.

After that, in the folder where files were extracted, delete dz file, BackupGPT_xxxxxxxx.bin and all others that start with "system_xxxxxxx.bin".
Delete the character "_" and numbers in the name of each file.
So, between them, there'll be an aboot.bin file, which should be replaced with the patched one (?!).
Get system.img from merge_output folder, and put it with the other files. Delete that folder.
Download the template provided by you, extract it, get META-INF folder and add it to the other files.

Repack all this in a zip file and voilá. I got my TWRP flashable ROM.

Korelev

Apr 30, 2014
·
Sorry @Korelev, if I ask you so much, but I'm downloading Baltic kdz proposed here, and I'm gonna create a flashable zip with it.
Please, tell me if the steps I think to follow are correct or there's some of error with them:

Run WindowsLgFirmwareExtractor and do this:
Extract dz file from kdz. Discard the .dll ones.
Extract all files from dz file.
Do merge system-bin.

After that, in the folder where files were extracted, delete dz file, BackupGPT_xxxxxxxx.bin and all others that start with "system_xxxxxxx.bin".
Delete the character "_" and numbers in the name of each file.
So, between them, there'll be an aboot.bin file, which should be replaced with the patched one (?!).
Get system.img from merge_output folder, and put it with the other files. Delete that folder.
Download the template provided by you, extract it, get META-INF folder and add it to the other files.

Repack all this in a zip file and voilá. I got my TWRP flashable ROM.

Almost exactly that, except for the extract part, you should paste all your files into the zip because it's signed, if you extract META-INF and create a new zip TWRP won't be able to process it, also you have to replace aboot with the one provided by our k10 friends and I also replaced recovery.bin with Fobos twrp one (honestly I wasn't so sure about that last one but I added it anyway to the script so you must delete the one you'll get on the extraction process or add that one in order to be able to boot with custom recovery after the flashing)

Reactions: walterfuster

walterfuster

May 10, 2016
Almost exactly that, except for the extract part, you should paste all your files into the zip because it's signed, if you extract META-INF and create a new zip TWRP won't be able to process it, also you have to replace aboot with the one provided by our k10 friends and I also replaced recovery.bin with Fobos twrp one (honestly I wasn't so sure about that last one but I added it anyway to the script so you must delete the one you'll get on the extraction process or add that one in order to be able to boot with custom recovery after the flashing)

Ok. One more thing: how you convert twrp.img to recovery.bin? cause if @Fobos531 makes an TWRP update, I wanna able to put it into the zip.

P.S.: TWRP Baltic MM flashable zip is ready

Reactions: Korelev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So here it is:

Polish v20b rom

###########################THIS IS OLD AND AT THE DATE WE KNOW IT'S CAUSED BY THE ABOOT, SEE BELOW FOR SOLUTION###########################
    ############################################KEPT IN CASE SOMEBODY WANTS v10i##############################################

v10i ROM
    #################################################################################################################

For Argentina/Some latin american countries, you should use the Argentinian Aboot provided by pvineeth97 there, for latin american countries where you experience issues with 3g/LTE you can also try using this aboot in order to get that working, keep in mind argentinian bands are:

2G (EDGE, GSM/GPRS): Bandas 850 / 1900 MHz
    3G (HSPA+, UMTS/WCDMA): Bandas 850 / 1900 MHz
    4G (LTE): Bandas 4 (AWS o 1700) / 7 (2600) / 28 (APT o 700*)
    source

So you should google the bands your country/carrier is using and see if there's a match with the bands above, keep in mind LTE band 7 has been recently added so probably I wouldn't count that one.

Hello, Can you tell me how to repack a rom into a flashable zip ?

Fobos quoted you in the previous post. To finally repack into the zip, I used Winrar:

Open the zip template with it
    Found the option "add files" from main menu, and add the files you've previously processed.
    Click ok and wait until processing is finished.

If you are stuck in a step, feel free to PM me and I'll assist you.
    Interesting, its straight from my csmg, and its the lastest one. Wget might work.

Replace http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/ with http://pkg02.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/ Tested,working.

Because p4p has spanish and it doesn't pop the cust error at booting, if yours do so please upload it! :D
    Sorry,

can't help! Mine is v20e, just found the stock rom that I used to flash mine.

This link has stock firmwares:

https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h440n-firmwares/