• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Twrp for 11?

Search This thread

Do0ks

Aug 2, 2011
New York
Hey guys,

Anyone have any info when either unofficial or official twrp is coming for Android 11? I made the mistake of upgrading to 11 from 10 then tried flashing twrp which bricked my phone ( I fixed it, no biggie ). I just really want to flash a custom ROM and I can't find any other custom recovery that will do that and side loading twrp also gives a crashdump error. Unless anyone knows how to downgrade to 10, the the furthest downgrade I've achieved is 11.0.0, once I hit 10.x.x I get either a black screen or crash dump.

It's a lot there, I know. Much appreciated everyone.

Edit: reading more on this forum, I think I found a way to flash a custom ROM on Android 11.. I guess you can side load roms? So I guess I'm going to give that a try. I'm so old school, like back in 2011. 🙄

Last edited:

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
I had the same problem. Im using the Lineage recovery atm an idk why tbh. I think i used it for rooting and for now im only using magisk modules to obtain some featurers.

Sideloading roms is a thing but man i miss those old HTC Hero., HTC Desire times. Last years i was using a P30 pro without root and im so happy to have root again.

Anyway read carefully and have fun. I would love some answers from your experience here.

Reactions: Do0ks

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
I just really want to flash a custom ROM

Most custom roms include all the files needed to flash the entire rom from a batch file. CrDroid for sure, but also Lineage. I'm sure there are more. My issue is not flashing, it's that all important nand backup from TWRP I miss the most. Switching roms is a lot more tedious when you have to re-install everything to revert back to your old setup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Twrp for 8 and 8 pro may not happen ever, encryption is the problem
    I had the same problem. Im using the Lineage recovery atm an idk why tbh. I think i used it for rooting and for now im only using magisk modules to obtain some featurers.

Sideloading roms is a thing but man i miss those old HTC Hero., HTC Desire times. Last years i was using a P30 pro without root and im so happy to have root again.

Anyway read carefully and have fun. I would love some answers from your experience here.