Question TWRP for Cricket Dream 5G

Search This thread
It'll power on but I can't get it to boot into fastboot or any recovery at all..
Good news is, you're not bricked. Make sure the downloaded file is complete. Flash the default boot image and retry boot, if that does not work then retry flashing the super image. This time attempt to also run
Code:
Fastboot flash super (Super image)
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot -w
Fastboot reboot

If successful, flash boot twrp after first boot and follow instructions for installing recovery Ramdisk. Make sure you have the TWRP image and stock boot image on hand and transfer those files to your device via MTP from TWRP

Good news is, you're not bricked. Make sure the downloaded file is complete. Flash the default boot image and retry boot, if that does not work then retry flashing the super image. This time attempt to also run
Code:
Fastboot flash super (Super image)
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot -w
Fastboot reboot

If successful, flash boot twrp after first boot and follow instructions for installing recovery Ramdisk. Make sure you have the TWRP image and stock boot image on hand and transfer those files to your device via MTP from TWRP
Forgot to mention, you'll have to use MTK Client if Bootloader fastboot is not working. I'd recommend just flashing stock boot image and super at the same time. It sounds like there was an issue with your initial flash of super

Josephdbrewer25

Aug 8, 2014
Bainbridge, ga
This phone's partition scheme is a little weird. And everytime I've flashed a modified super img it bricked it. Got it stuck in preloader. I just have root and modified my stock system for now. It's crazy 🤣

DrScrad

This is what I see every time I try to boot into fastboot or any recovery (whether it be custom or stock)..

let me know if it's too blurry to read

Attachments

• IMG20220515200023.jpg
    IMG20220515200023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
I understand that but I'm just going to have to record a vidwe of what the phohe is doing..
It looks like that android system isn't recognized, I have a feeling this may be to do with bootloader locking/unlocking and secure boot.. My Fiance accepted the recent OTA and now with modified super it will not startup showing the same error. I'm working on a fix now, did you by chance backup your super image before doing any flashing? I may have to modify a image on that software version

• Love
Reactions: DrScrad

DrScrad

It looks like that android system isn't recognized, I have a feeling this may be to do with bootloader locking/unlocking and secure boot.. My Fiance accepted the recent OTA and now with modified super it will not startup showing the same error. I'm working on a fix now, did you by chance backup your super image before doing any flashing? I may have to modify a image on that software version
yes ii do havbe it.. I'll sned you a link. Hell, i'll just post the llink here.. https://mega.nz/file/8C4WTDLB#lWvkVesrCNTjb8n4LFSqE54oiultyazTplkI4s_QQgM

yes ii do havbe it.. I'll sned you a link. Hell, i'll just post the llink here.. https://mega.nz/file/8C4WTDLB#lWvkVesrCNTjb8n4LFSqE54oiultyazTplkI4s_QQgM
I updated my original TWRP instructions, I forgot to include a VERY important file (OOPS)... Attempt the steps to flash modified VBmeta with the file attached to the post. This should fix your issue, if that does not change then attempt to super flash again and follow it by flashing vbmeta via instructions and you should be home free. Sorry about that! That's what I get for typing these things in a hurry

Here's a video of what my phone is doing upon boot . It's bypassing fastboot and ADB prompts so there's no way for me to flash a new image, that's my point..

^^ link to a video of what it's doing

Hold down Vol up+Vol Down+power all at once, when the device fully shuts down hold Volume up until you get a bootloader prompt to boot into recovery/fastboot/normal startup.

Note: You may have to press volume up+Power after full shut down if the phone doesn't show the prompt after about 15 seconds

Yeah that didn't work either
Only option is MTK Client, that's strange unless you weren't bootloader unlocked when you flashed. But, you booted TWRP so that's not it.. That's a weird issue. Maybe the Super image you flashed was corrupt/incomplete download? I used the same super on my Fiance's phone and it worked flawlessly

Last edited:
Yeah that didn't work either
Alright, check this GitHub page out. Follow the instructions for installation on your applicable platform, be sure to completely delete and redownload the super image before attempting to flash it to your device.

Assure the phone is completely powered down by turning it off via vol up+vol down+power

Launch MTK Client before plugging in the device, once opened plug the phone up while holding vol up at the same time. You should see MTK Client establish a connection.

Perform the flash as follows:

SUPER >> Modified Super Image

VbMeta >> Modified VBmeta

Boot >> Stock boot img

These should be flashed to your active boot slot, if you do not know what your active slot was prior to failure then flash to both slots as a coverall solution.

If modified images do not fix the issue, let me know and I'll upload a full dump of my device. Hopefully, this gets you back up and running.

Side note: In Windows 11, it's better to install python from the Windows store than from the website contrary to the instructions on the github. Generally, it might just be easier to download and use the Live USB rather than going through all the MTK Client install steps.

Reactions: DrScrad

DrScrad

Alright, check this GitHub page out. Follow the instructions for installation on your applicable platform, be sure to completely delete and redownload the super image before attempting to flash it to your device.

Assure the phone is completely powered down by turning it off via vol up+vol down+power

Launch MTK Client before plugging in the device, once opened plug the phone up while holding vol up at the same time. You should see MTK Client establish a connection.

Perform the flash as follows:

SUPER >> Modified Super Image

VbMeta >> Modified VBmeta

Boot >> Stock boot img

These should be flashed to your active boot slot, if you do not know what your active slot was prior to failure then flash to both slots as a coverall solution.

If modified images do not fix the issue, let me know and I'll upload a full dump of my device. Hopefully, this gets you back up and running.

Side note: In Windows 11, it's better to install python from the Windows store than from the website contrary to the instructions on the github. Generally, it might just be easier to download and use the Live USB rather than going through all the MTK Client install steps.
Yeah man. i'm going to need you to go ahead and upload an entire firwmare (preferrably stock) dump.. If yo udon't mind..

DrScrad

Give me a bit and it'll be available, I've got to revert my phone to stock and perform a backup in that case... It'll be up later tonig

Give me a bit and it'll be available, I've got to revert my phone to stock and perform a backup in that case... It'll be up later tonight
You might not have to.. As this phone has become more available to the greater public and more people have started putting the firmware online.. I found another one online that was the same size as the one that you had so I downloaded it and I will try it. I'll keep you in the know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share once you're finished.. that looks like a dream!

You're welcome for the pun.. don't forget to tip your waitress..
    I will def share, sharing is caring. If anyone wants to test anything im putting together, you can find me live in my Android telegram group. Shoot the poo, talk shop, test anything hot off the press...

A-Team Telegram Group
    Forgot to include that detail, We are getting a TWRP logo with the build info. It just keeps soft resetting (Not full boot loop, but flashing the TWRP logo over and over.)
    Okay. Better than black screen. ;)
    That would be fantastic..
    It's uploading now, I'll send it over as soon as upload is complete. Just stay tuned
    That would be fantastic..
    Here you go: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Flash with command

Code:
    Fastboot flash super (Image file here)

Fastboot reboot recovery

This can be flashed from both BOOTLOADER Fastboot or FastbootD, this will not replace the device boot image. So TWRP will not be replaced by this flash. This should have the vendor change incorporated.

You must follow instructions to install TWRP as recovery ramdisk from my post if you haven't already to boot into android normally with TWRP installed. If this is successful I might just change the step completely to just flash modified super. This will break safety net, you will need to install Magisk flashable zip and use universal safety net fix along with Magisk props to fix device certification. (Google is your friend on getting these)

Meanwhile, I'm working on a complete device backup of stock files to share with everyone with this device. That's pending but I'll share shortly.
    I'm downloading now and will test ASAP. I'll be sure to capture logs as I go along
    grab the hotfix as well I just posted in the group and replace the file in the toolkit, forgot to enable the unbrick option, oops...