Question TWRP for Cricket Dream 5G

Search This thread
You might not have to.. As this phone has become more available to the greater public and more people have started putting the firmware online.. I found another one online that was the same size as the one that you had so I downloaded it and I will try it. I'll keep you in the know
After downloading, to flash super with MTK Client change the downloaded super_XX_XX_XX.img to .bin.. It's the same format as a bin file (Raw image)

hawk1500

Apr 12, 2008
quick question: I think I messed up the build.prop, does anyone have a stock copy I can download? If not, is there a way to restore it to stock using the posted backup on mega using twrp (or do I have to use the MTK client)? Thanks.

thomsfell

May 12, 2022
Need help! i screwed somethin up! i posted in the other thread about this phone but thought id try here too....

DrScrad

May 12, 2018
Pearl, MS
my.bio
OnePlus 5T
ZTE Trek 2
lol, they have a device at my local Cricket, gonna head over and check it out
They should just give you one for free. .that's how myself and a few other got theirs..

'm having one hell of a time with mine.. Now mine is stuck in the BootROM stage.. i was able to flash some stock firmware to it but now it's having a time booting out of bootrom and into fastboot altogether.. windows keeps noticing it and then it'll drop the connection and then recognize it again and repeat in like 3 seconds increments.. I don't know what to do at this point..

*continues google search*

DrScrad

May 12, 2018
Pearl, MS
my.bio
OnePlus 5T
ZTE Trek 2
After downloading, to flash super with MTK Client change the downloaded super_XX_XX_XX.img to .bin.. It's the same format as a bin file (Raw image)
I'm having one hell of a time with mine.. Now mine is stuck in the BootROM stage.. i was able to flash some stock firmware to it but now it's having a time booting out of bootrom and into fastboot altogether.. windows keeps noticing it and then it'll drop the connection and then recognize it again and repeat in like 3 seconds increments.. I don't know what to do at this point..

They should just give you one for free. .that's how myself and a few other got theirs..

'm having one hell of a time with mine.. Now mine is stuck in the BootROM stage.. i was able to flash some stock firmware to it but now it's having a time booting out of bootrom and into fastboot altogether.. windows keeps noticing it and then it'll drop the connection and then recognize it again and repeat in like 3 seconds increments.. I don't know what to do at this point..

*continues google search*
not sure how you guys got one for free, seeing as it's advertised as a $189 device. Either way though, I payed a lil more than I wanted for it since I was under the assumption it was just a $20 low budget device but upon actually getting it, seems to be a rather decent device. Should take decent pics with the 48mp camera, love the fp reader on the back like it is, and was super surprised to find the screen was much bigger than my current S10+.

So where are we on the modding of this thing? More importantly, what can I do to help and clean up any remaining issues you guys are having?

DrScrad

May 12, 2018
Pearl, MS
my.bio
OnePlus 5T
ZTE Trek 2
For some reason mine was pretty fantastic out of the box but I'm just wondering how after an hour or two it seems to slow down tremendously.. I'm not sure if its the cache doesn't hold well or it is just a faulty device I've got or what

For some reason mine was pretty fantastic out of the box but I'm just wondering how after an hour or two it seems to slow down tremendously.. I'm not sure if its the cache doesn't hold well or it is just a faulty device I've got or what
bone stock where it downloads a bunch of crap or just in general on any rom ?

I'll be putting out a custom stock rom at some point as well as already starting initial work on a AIO ToolKit for this device. Bone stock device to bl unlocked and custom stock and recoveries all in one stop

bone stock where it downloads a bunch of crap or just in general on any rom ?

I'll be putting out a custom stock rom at some point as well as already starting initial work on a AIO ToolKit for this device. Bone stock device to bl unlocked and custom stock and recoveries all in one stop
So far, TWRP is done. The instructions are on up above, some have had issues with flashing modified vendor partition. @DrScrad had issues and I provided a modified super, he had issues with flashing. I flashed it on my Wife's phone from stock without issue, so proceed with caution. The modified super disables forced device encryption for better comparability with TWRP, TWRP currently has decryption options but with FBE enabled it will not decrypt data. I have not yet tried manual encryption for comparability.

So far, TWRP is done. The instructions are on up above, some have had issues with flashing modified vendor partition. @DrScrad had issues and I provided a modified super, he had issues with flashing. I flashed it on my Wife's phone from stock without issue, so proceed with caution. The modified super disables forced device encryption for better comparability with TWRP, TWRP currently has decryption options but with FBE enabled it will not decrypt data. I have not yet tried manual encryption for comparability.
sounds good, with every new device I always start from scratch. About to do a full dump before i proceed. While I go through it I'll also be writing the toolkit. I am interested in a zip i recall seeing though. Wasn't there a rw zip for making the dynamic partitions rw ? That would be easiest for me to work with to create a custom stock image. I dread the thought of having to use otatools and start building my own super images again, haven't had to do that since 2019. Boy that was a trip, everything was new and little documentation. Now we got cool things like rw zip for dynamic. Only other way I know to get rw on dynamic is to dump super and rebuild it, which I don't want to do if at all possible

sounds good, with every new device I always start from scratch. About to do a full dump before i proceed. While I go through it I'll also be writing the toolkit. I am interested in a zip i recall seeing though. Wasn't there a rw zip for making the dynamic partitions rw ? That would be easiest for me to work with to create a custom stock image. I dread the thought of having to use otatools and start building my own super images again, haven't had to do that since 2019. Boy that was a trip, everything was new and little documentation. Now we got cool things like rw zip for dynamic. Only other way I know to get rw on dynamic is to dump super and rebuild it, which I don't want to do if at all possible
I have a modified RW super, it is already built into the disabling forced encryption super.img

Disable force encrypt with RW: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Verify the integrity of the file before flashing! I believe that's the issue others had where they had an incomplete download. All of my flashing efforts with this image have been successful, be sure to perform a factory reset prior to flashing this image.

I have a modified RW super, it is already built into the disabling forced encryption super.img

Disable force encrypt with RW: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Verify the integrity of the file before flashing! I believe that's the issue others had where they had an incomplete download. All of my flashing efforts with this image have been successful, be sure to perform a factory reset prior to flashing this image.
that's a rw super 100% unmodified besides adding rw and killing encryption in fstab ?

Updated my
that's a rw super 100% unmodified besides adding rw and killing encryption in fstab ?
Yes, this is mostly stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share once you're finished.. that looks like a dream!

You're welcome for the pun.. don't forget to tip your waitress..
    I will def share, sharing is caring. If anyone wants to test anything im putting together, you can find me live in my Android telegram group. Shoot the poo, talk shop, test anything hot off the press...

A-Team Telegram Group
    Forgot to include that detail, We are getting a TWRP logo with the build info. It just keeps soft resetting (Not full boot loop, but flashing the TWRP logo over and over.)
    Okay. Better than black screen. ;)
    That would be fantastic..
    It's uploading now, I'll send it over as soon as upload is complete. Just stay tuned
    That would be fantastic..
    Here you go: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Flash with command

Code:
    Fastboot flash super (Image file here)

Fastboot reboot recovery

This can be flashed from both BOOTLOADER Fastboot or FastbootD, this will not replace the device boot image. So TWRP will not be replaced by this flash. This should have the vendor change incorporated.

You must follow instructions to install TWRP as recovery ramdisk from my post if you haven't already to boot into android normally with TWRP installed. If this is successful I might just change the step completely to just flash modified super. This will break safety net, you will need to install Magisk flashable zip and use universal safety net fix along with Magisk props to fix device certification. (Google is your friend on getting these)

Meanwhile, I'm working on a complete device backup of stock files to share with everyone with this device. That's pending but I'll share shortly.
    I'm downloading now and will test ASAP. I'll be sure to capture logs as I go along
    grab the hotfix as well I just posted in the group and replace the file in the toolkit, forgot to enable the unbrick option, oops...