Question TWRP for Cricket Dream 5G

Search This thread
Updated TWRP Guide:
which route did you go to get super rw? if you used otatools to rebuild manually, could you please share the command you used with the appropriate sizes and such. Otherwise if you used a rw zip could you point me to that ? Thanks much
This script works flawlessly from TWRP or android and this was used to make the modified image shared.

sorry to keep bothering, how did you get mtkclient to do a full dump ? I seem to be having issues getting it to dump for me
Some phones you can do a full shutdown and then press volume up while connecting the USB. Make sure you open MTK first before connecting your device.

If on Windows, make sure you have the appropriate drivers. Linux usually doesn't have this issue.

Others... You have to disconnect the battery temporarily. That's a rare thing but it happens.

Last edited:
Some phones you can do a full shutdown and then press volume up while connecting the USB. Make sure you open MTK first before connecting your device.

If on Windows, make sure you have the appropriate drivers. Linux usually doesn't have this issue.

Others... You have to disconnect the battery temporarily. That's a rare thing but it happens.
i guess more specifically, what command should i be using ?

I'm on Linux

From MTK Directory

Code:
./mtk_gui
weird, I'm very familiar with mtkclient, even as far as writing my own custom frontend for it before the gui was a thing, lol. I will try the gui though, maybe it has some extra magic. Thanks much

weird, I'm very familiar with mtkclient, even as far as writing my own custom frontend for it before the gui was a thing, lol. I will try the gui though, maybe it has some extra magic. Thanks much
was able to get it working with my toolkit, had to reset up mtkclient for some reason. must have been a linux update

Reactions: Welkwo
It does a lot better on this device than on manual, I can never get the payload timing right when doing it manually.
pretty easy, i just powered off device, ran my toolkit, dump all option, plugged in device while holding vol- and it's dumping now

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-05-25 20-24-41.png
    Screenshot from 2022-05-25 20-24-41.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: DrScrad
Please share once you're finished.. that looks like a dream!

You're welcome for the pun.. don't forget to tip your waitress..
I will def share, sharing is caring. If anyone wants to test anything im putting together, you can find me live in my Android telegram group. Shoot the poo, talk shop, test anything hot off the press...

A-Team Telegram Group

Reactions: Welkwo and DrScrad

thomsfell

May 12, 2022
I unlocked bootloader then i entered the fastboot reboot fastboot command ...my phone died, as in shut off, power button does nothing, plugging it in to the computer does nothing, and charging does nothing.I have noticed though when i plug it into the computer it makes the connect/disconnect sound and holding the power button changes the timing of said sounds...

I unlocked bootloader then i entered the fastboot reboot fastboot command ...my phone died, as in shut off, power button does nothing, plugging it in to the computer does nothing, and charging does nothing.I have noticed though when i plug it into the computer it makes the connect/disconnect sound and holding the power button changes the timing of said sounds...
You should be falling back to BROM mode it sounds like, have you used the device with MTK Client before?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share once you're finished.. that looks like a dream!

You're welcome for the pun.. don't forget to tip your waitress..
    I will def share, sharing is caring. If anyone wants to test anything im putting together, you can find me live in my Android telegram group. Shoot the poo, talk shop, test anything hot off the press...

A-Team Telegram Group
    Forgot to include that detail, We are getting a TWRP logo with the build info. It just keeps soft resetting (Not full boot loop, but flashing the TWRP logo over and over.)
    Okay. Better than black screen. ;)
    That would be fantastic..
    It's uploading now, I'll send it over as soon as upload is complete. Just stay tuned
    That would be fantastic..
    Here you go: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Flash with command

Code:
    Fastboot flash super (Image file here)

Fastboot reboot recovery

This can be flashed from both BOOTLOADER Fastboot or FastbootD, this will not replace the device boot image. So TWRP will not be replaced by this flash. This should have the vendor change incorporated.

You must follow instructions to install TWRP as recovery ramdisk from my post if you haven't already to boot into android normally with TWRP installed. If this is successful I might just change the step completely to just flash modified super. This will break safety net, you will need to install Magisk flashable zip and use universal safety net fix along with Magisk props to fix device certification. (Google is your friend on getting these)

Meanwhile, I'm working on a complete device backup of stock files to share with everyone with this device. That's pending but I'll share shortly.
    I'm downloading now and will test ASAP. I'll be sure to capture logs as I go along
    grab the hotfix as well I just posted in the group and replace the file in the toolkit, forgot to enable the unbrick option, oops...