Question TWRP for Cricket Dream 5G

Search This thread
Hey man did you ever finish that shell script?
not fully but you can grab it from my telegram group and give it a test run if you'd like. I've got an outline script all written up but only bl unlock proces is fully written and working so far. Recovery is next step to be added but ran into a couple snags with it, that's why i was inquiring about the device tree you guys have for recovery. My recovery is booting and working but still has a few bugs to work out. I didn't want to release a toolkit with other peoples stuff in it. is mtp transfer working on your guys twrp build ?

the unlock process will unlock bootloader, flashes security disabled vbmeta, and then flashes a patched lk to clean up the bootloader unlocked nag screen

I have attached the patched lk file if anyone wants their unlock nag screen to look a little better, it must be flashed with Mtk Client. Only for devices with unlocked bootloader!!

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-28_21-02-56.jpg
    photo_2022-05-28_21-02-56.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 34
  • lk.img
    2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DrScrad

May 12, 2018
Pearl, MS
my.bio
OnePlus 5T
LG G Pad 7
not fully but you can grab it from my telegram group and give it a test run if you'd like. I've got an outline script all written up but only bl unlock proces is fully written and working so far. Recovery is next step to be added but ran into a couple snags with it, that's why i was inquiring about the device tree you guys have for recovery. My recovery is booting and working but still has a few bugs to work out. I didn't want to release a toolkit with other peoples stuff in it. is mtp transfer working on your guys twrp build ?
yes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share once you're finished.. that looks like a dream!

You're welcome for the pun.. don't forget to tip your waitress..
    I will def share, sharing is caring. If anyone wants to test anything im putting together, you can find me live in my Android telegram group. Shoot the poo, talk shop, test anything hot off the press...

A-Team Telegram Group
    Forgot to include that detail, We are getting a TWRP logo with the build info. It just keeps soft resetting (Not full boot loop, but flashing the TWRP logo over and over.)
    Okay. Better than black screen. ;)
    That would be fantastic..
    It's uploading now, I'll send it over as soon as upload is complete. Just stay tuned
    That would be fantastic..
    Here you go: https://mega.nz/file/CpE3BSzJ#B8vA1108at0Tdd9DpE5OIgsEmBoV_Y8PlwY2uHotzTU

Flash with command

Code:
    Fastboot flash super (Image file here)

Fastboot reboot recovery

This can be flashed from both BOOTLOADER Fastboot or FastbootD, this will not replace the device boot image. So TWRP will not be replaced by this flash. This should have the vendor change incorporated.

You must follow instructions to install TWRP as recovery ramdisk from my post if you haven't already to boot into android normally with TWRP installed. If this is successful I might just change the step completely to just flash modified super. This will break safety net, you will need to install Magisk flashable zip and use universal safety net fix along with Magisk props to fix device certification. (Google is your friend on getting these)

Meanwhile, I'm working on a complete device backup of stock files to share with everyone with this device. That's pending but I'll share shortly.
    I'm downloading now and will test ASAP. I'll be sure to capture logs as I go along
    grab the hotfix as well I just posted in the group and replace the file in the toolkit, forgot to enable the unbrick option, oops...