• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

TWRP for LG Aristo 2

IDontKnowMang

Aug 19, 2013
We're pretty close tecknight has created a twrp that flashes perfectly and your computer will recognize your device as cv1 while it is in recovery. I built a stock base that will flash with no issues, porting is being difficult but we're getting there. Huuuuge shout out to tecknight

TewSlo

May 15, 2015
Pawtucket
We're pretty close tecknight has created a twrp that flashes perfectly and your computer will recognize your device as cv1 while it is in recovery. I built a stock base that will flash with no issues, porting is being difficult but we're getting there. Huuuuge shout out to tecknight
Hell yeah, can't wait. Please PM me if you need a tester, I backup my phone daily so I have no issue reflashing if I have to!

guytalluto

Nov 11, 2015
reflashed rooted boot image and Magisk after update yesterday to X210MA10f (and of course had to debloat again). Plenty fast after uninstalling most Google junk. Looking forward to Lineage being ported to this device!

IDontKnowMang

Aug 19, 2013
reflashed rooted boot image and Magisk after update yesterday to X210MA10f (and of course had to debloat again). Plenty fast after uninstalling most Google junk. Looking forward to Lineage being ported to this device!
We're not going to Port anymore, I'm working with tecknight to build it from source. It will be much cleaner and more components will work.

guytalluto

Nov 11, 2015
excellent! Looking forward to a cleaner ROM than stock. Even after blasting some of the stock LG stuff and Google apps, there are way too many hooks left in from Google taking up space and occasionally RAM - tracking and logging.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
does anyone have the stock recovery.img they can link me? i named them both recovery.img and forgot which one was twrp XD
FYI: The stock recovery is actually saved in the recoverybak partition.
You can restore stock recovery with this command:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p50 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p49
from a root shell.

armandop_

Jun 21, 2015
Guys, I unpacked armandop's latest TWRP from this thread and modified the default.prop on the ramdisk image.
I changed:
ro.cm.device
ro.product.model
ro.product.device
ro.build.product

from lv517 to cv1.
This should properly enumerate the device, allowing custom ROMs to be flashed.
Here is the modified image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_7TeUBQnWDXfiKdAwtRGAq8U_LpML-uQ/view?usp=sharing

You can flash it using TWRP, fastboot or by running this command from a root shell:
dd if=/sdcard/newtwrp.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p49
this assumes you have placed the newtwrp.img into your /sdcard folder
Dang I haven't been here in a while lol! I see that you need the model to be fixed. I will upload my source code for twrp so it can be easier to fix bugs in the twrp build. I hope you guys can get a full working lineage ROM! :D Too bad I have a zte zmax pro

IDontKnowMang

Aug 19, 2013
Dang I haven't been here in a while lol! I see that you need the model to be fixed. I will upload my source code for twrp so it can be easier to fix bugs in the twrp build. I hope you guys can get a full working lineage ROM! :D Too bad I have a zte zmax pro
i think the bugs with twrp are pretty much worked out., im still trying to get the kernel put together for a source build. we're getting there.

i have the pro as well, there's a server for it on discord server for it and while they have achieved root i don't think that there is high hopes for custom roms on that device. its a shame really

Last edited:

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Thanks Armandop !! you are the man !!
and you don't even own an Aristo 2. We appreciate you !!

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

i think the bugs with twrp are pretty much worked out., im still trying to get the kernel put together for a source build. we're getting there.

i have the pro as well, there's a server for it on discord server for it and while they have achieved root i don't think that there is high hopes for custom roms on that device. its a shame really
Unfortunately, ZTE is very anti developer in my experience..
I am still amazed that LG lets us unlock the bootloader on a sub $50 phone !!
but I'm not complaining

IDontKnowMang

Aug 19, 2013

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

but I'm not complaining
the zte's are locked up pretty tight. it takes a UNI license to even root the pro and thats about is far as they have gotten

Source code for twrp will come out tonight or tomorrow morning; it depends on my internet speed upload :)
sweet dude thanks

guytalluto

Nov 11, 2015
ZTE

but I'm not complaining
Have a perma-bricked Zmax and Avid. Spent too many hours looking for the right tools and still couldn't get right TOT files. LG has great tools and interface for us to hack away. (after all, we paid for them).