TWRP for Nougat?

Search This thread

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
Is there any information for installing TWRP for H901 Nougat 7 ?
I can't find anything...
I had to use Bridge update to fix my phone, now I'm looking for TWRP...

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
First are you rooted?
Second have you tried the ADB install of TWRP? That's the way I did it when I first got my phone.

There is no root for Nougat, I would have to have a recovery first to install a root if I remember right.

My boot loader is unlocked but I have not tried to install TWRP because I would like to know if there are any issues with putting TWRP with Nougat first.
I know how to do all this, I would like to know if anyone has already done it?

omega552003

Aug 20, 2010
Melbourne, FL
There is no root for Nougat, I would have to have a recovery first to install a root if I remember right.

My boot loader is unlocked but I have not tried to install TWRP because I would like to know if there are any issues with putting TWRP with Nougat first.
I know how to do all this, I would like to know if anyone has already done it?

I wouldn't think there would be as I'm running TWRP. Since your bootloader is unlocked i think that is the hardest part, can you fastboot install it? I have upgraded from MM to N with a stripped Stock zip. I'd try it, worst case you just use LG bridge and are back to step 1.

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
I wouldn't think there would be as I'm running TWRP. Since your bootloader is unlocked i think that is the hardest part, can you fastboot install it? I have upgraded from MM to N with a stripped Stock zip. I'd try it, worst case you just use LG bridge and are back to step 1.

Last I read, it's not a problem if you had TWRP with MM and upgraded to N.
not so sure if you took an OTA to N.

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
I get this error when trying to install TWRP;
"remote unknown command"
I found this on the web; lg has locked the fastboot commands. Until we have root you can't flash recovery.
Well sh***********************...:crying:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone