• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G (T976B)

Search This thread

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
Well let me know if you do get a chance to test it. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with hacking on the thing knowing that I have a full copy of the replacement firmware, so I'll hopefully get around to trying it myself today or tomorrow, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

BTW, I'm creating my own TWRP thread now. I'll post a link to it here once it's up.
I'll bet that will pull in testers as well. Lot of T870 folks expressed interest in TWRP in the s7+ thread.

Reactions: bxlentpartyon

bxlentpartyon

Aug 19, 2020
Alright, I've created my own thread here:

And I posted the write-up on how I did all this as well.

I'll start working on hacking up my own tablet for testing soon, but using Windows is a difficult experience for me, so it'll probably have to wait until I've had a few beers.

Reactions: jhill110

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
Alright, I've created my own thread here:

And I posted the write-up on how I did all this as well.

I'll start working on hacking up my own tablet for testing soon, but using Windows is a difficult experience for me, so it'll probably have to wait until I've had a few beers.
Good deal. I'll start work on updating and reinstalling all my apps so I can test it out.

Vntnox

Feb 12, 2017
London
Well, I went back to Android 10 when you still could so I don't know if I could actually test it for you.
I may just update because the issue I had with 11 is no longer a problem (adding a file to the system folder).

Another reason to start a thread is it could pull in some help.
Stick to it pal.
A10 is really better in many ways.
Fortunately I tried only first bootloader Android 11 so I have a chance for downgrade.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    twrp.png

Introduction

Welcome to TWRP for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G (T976B). This same image will also work for the wi-fi-only T970.

Installation

Only proceed if you are comfortable with low-level device management and are capable of recovering an unbootable device, should an unforeseen mishap occur.

Unlock your device's bootloader and then install the recovery image below. If you use Odin to flash it, remember to rename the image recovery.img and tar it before flashing. You will also need to flash a neutralised vbmeta.img image if you have not already disarmed verified boot.

Post-installation

The Tab S7+ 5G utilises proprietary file-based encryption (FBE) in its factory state for the user data partition. TWRP cannot decrypt this, however, so it must be removed. Otherwise, you will not be able to perform back-ups and restores.

To remove encryption from your device, please use TWRP to flash the Samsung multi-disabler and then format /data again. You must use at least v2.5 of the multi-disabler.

These builds are stable and known to perform well on many users' devices.

Latest releases

Android 11 (BUA8 firmware)

twrp-gts7xl-3.5.0_10-A11_3_ianmacd.img

Android 10 (ATJ4 firmware)

twrp-gts7xl-3.5.0_10-2_ianmacd.img

Source

Support

For support or just to talk about the device amongst friends, please join our Telegram group dedicated to TWRP/root on Samsung devices.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus

Contributors
    ianmacd

Version Information
    Production
    Current Production Version: 3.5.0-1_ianmacd
    Production Release Date: 2020-12-29

Created 2020-09-16
    Last Updated 2021-01-28
    Changelog

2021-01-28 3.5.0_A11-3

• First release with Android 11 kernel, built for BUA8 firmware.
    • Any file beginning with Magisk- is now considered flashable.

2021-01-25 3.5.0_A11-2

• Fix device rebooting only to recovery.
    • Fix spurious attempt to perform digest authentication when flashing .apk file.

2021-01-25 3.5.0_A11-1

• Report the device as running Android 11.
    • TWRP will now include files named Magisk.apk, app-release.apk or app-debug.apk in the list of flashable .zip files. This is to accommodate the new packaging of Magisk as a payload within the manager app.

2021-01-19 3.5.0-2

• Merge post-3.5.0 release bug fixes.

2020-12-29 3.5.0-1

• Update to TWRP 3.5.0.

2020-12-23 3.4.0-3

• Fixed bug that causes unmounting of System when Advanced menu is entered.

2020-12-20 3.4.0-1

• First production release.
    • Working MTP implementation.

2020-11-06 3.4.0-1a21

• Fixed image back-up of Optics partition.
    • logcat is now enabled in recovery.
    • With kernel built for ATJ4 firmware.

2020-10-07 3.4.0-1a16

• With kernel built for ATI3 firmware.
    Version 3.5.0-1_ianmacd has been released.

Changelog

2020-12-29 3.5.0-1

• Update to TWRP 3.5.0.
    Really frustrated that there's no twrp for the T870.
    It gives me great pleasure to finally be able to issue a production release of TWRP 3.4.0 for the Tab S7+ 5G.

Over the course of 27 alpha versions and 2 beta releases, the kinks have been worked out and this initial production release now features a fully functional implementation of MTP.

It's also no longer necessary to disable MTP in order to use adb.

Changelog

2020-12-20 3.4.0-1

• First production release.
    • Working MTP implementation.