How To Guide TWRP Installer Convert Region and ROOT (Update TWRP 2022-02-21)

Search This thread

yudati

Aug 2, 2015
So to downgrade, I downloaded A.24 domestic from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-ui3-0-full-package-update-root-file.4356507/

Then you go onto your phone, and enable developer options by going to settings > about phone > version and then tapping build number 7 times.

Then go into developer options, enable oem unlocking and usb debugging.

Now, go to software update, press the three dots, and install from local file, then pick the A.24 domestic file, and your phone will downgrade
Hi I'm sorry for being so annoying 😅
What's the method that you used to unlock the bootloader?
(I've watched video from mr.everything but he has A.20

Last edited:

Ken JimmY

Aug 25, 2014
Hello everyone, I also just got the Realme GT 5G because of the Snapdragon 888 SoC, ram and internal storage/price in Hungary(Europe) it was one of the options out there, didn't checked to see if it has much support but oh well.
To unlock it's bootloader first I had to connect it to wifi, then check for updates which gave me Android 11, "RMX2202_11_A17" ; version date 2021.12.23 After that, set in Develeoper options OEM unlock with USB debugging on, the APK that I was trying to make work all along: from >this thread<, apk file name being "DeepTesting_realme-release_20210426_newID_signed.apk", then it allowed me to start applying for whatever application(wifi still on). 5-ish minutes later I was able to "start in-depth test", then went adb reboot bootloader, then finally once in bootloader I was able to "fastboot flashing unlock" into accepting / selecting YES on the phone.
Once Bootloader got unlocked I messed up the Magisk flashing unknowingly, got it in bootloop but all this time TWPR hasn't been flashed, to the phone and Fastboot commands were still working. Luckily maybe by accident, I've eventually got out of it, by flashing the boot.img of "RMX2202_ROLL BACK_Android11_EUEX_0609.zip" from this exact thread, but to get it's boot.img, I had to get it from unzipp-ing the 3.74GB file and get 2 files/some way to get "Payload dumper" to work. Found this website, followed installing python, along with some "Protobuf" (see Step5 on their website), managed to get finally to "python payload_dumper.py payload.bin" which gave me the file from this bootloader.
Now sad part is, all of this was for nothing, why? I was trying to flash magisk with the wrong boot.img file, I needed the one the Phone updated itself with.. well then, here comes more hours of google-ing, re-installed the RMX220_ROLL BACK_Android11_EUEX_0609.zip and added as an Update through the phone's Settings > Install updates to get it back working fully.
When it came to using TWRP, I was only "fastboot boot twrp11.img", never flashing it. Afterwards then I found this YouTube video:
"Extract "Boot img" From Any Android Phone Without Root".
Opened CMD then:
#1st: adb devices(optional)
#2nd: adb shell
#3rd command: dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_b of=/sdcard/boot.img
now this placed it in the phone's storage
to take boot.img out:
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img

Your mileage may vary, but for me the incorrect boot.img file was preventing the phone's wifi to turn on, everything was working minus wifi., wasn't exactly great.
Installed latest Magisk, flashed it now with the correct boot.img file and wifi was working. Afterwards idk about you, but I also went with adding the latest SmaliPatcher for a certain Pokemon game xD
Also I intend keeping with Android 11, until maybe/if ever Android 12 will be stable on this phone. As long as fastboot is working, it's fix-able if bootlooping \o/

For Magisk install, I used MagiskCanary and followed guide from here to pass safetynet: https://droidholic.com/fix-safetynet-failed-cts-profile-false/

Last edited:

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Hi I'm sorry for being so annoying 😅
What's the method that you used to unlock the bootloader?
(I've watched video from mr.everything but he has A.20
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I'll try my best to make this as easy is I can :)

I used the in-depth testing app from here
(This is the download from this mr.v everything video)

Now, the first thing I did after my phone was downgraded was install the app, it installed perfectly for me, no issues. Make sure developer options is still on with OEM unlocking and usb debugging on, if not, enable them again.

Afterwards, I started to install all drivers needed for adb and fastboot onto my pc. you need these files: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
once downloaded, extract anywhere. then find a tutorial to install adb and fastboot drivers, tonnes on youtube.

1. Now plug your phone into your pc, and make sure it is detected with usb debugging on, and set the mode to transferring files, also accept the message that pops up for usb debugging on the phone.

2. open the deep testing app > apply for deep testing. wait around 5-15 minutes, then press back and then check status. It should say application approved, and you can press a button to start deep testing, press it.
the following screen on the phone should look like this:
0skN24w.png

3. now find the folder with the extracted platform tools from earlier, and hold shift and right-click in the folder, then click open powershell window. then, in the window, type fastboot devices . your phone should appear in the powershell window, if it doesn't, check your fastboot drivers and find a youtube tutorial to fix this.

4. after all this, and your phone is detected in fastboot, you can now type fastboot flashing unlock . follow the prompt on the phone interface, press the volume down button to select unlock, and then press the power button to confirm. After selecting UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER, the phone will restore the factory settings and restart to the language selection interface. You are now ready to begin the switch from cn to eu rom process.
miOkglL.jpg

(images taken from another guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ol-based-on-realme-ui-2-0-android-11.4306223/)

Last edited:

yudati

Aug 2, 2015

Now, the first thing I did after my phone was downgraded was install the app, it installed perfectly for me, no issues. Make sure developer options is still on with OEM unlocking and usb debugging on, if not, enable them again.

Afterwards, I started to install all drivers needed for adb and fastboot onto my pc. you need these files: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
once downloaded, extract anywhere. then find a tutorial to install adb and fastboot drivers, tonnes on youtube.

1. Now plug your phone into your pc, and make sure it is detected with usb debugging on, and set the mode to transferring files, also accept the message that pops up for usb debugging on the phone.

2. open the deep testing app > apply for deep testing. wait around 5-15 minutes, then press back and then check status. It should say application approved, and you can press a button to start deep testing, press it.
the following screen on the phone should look like this:View attachment 5511823

3. now find the folder with the extracted platform tools from earlier, and hold shift and right-click in the folder, then click open powershell window. then, in the window, type fastboot devices . your phone should appear in the powershell window, if it doesn't, check your fastboot drivers and find a youtube tutorial to fix this.

4. after all this, and your phone is detected in fastboot, you can now type fastboot flashing unlock . follow the prompt on the phone interface, press the volume down button to select unlock, and then press the power button to confirm. After selecting UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER, the phone will restore the factory settings and restart to the language selection interface. You are now ready to begin the downgrade process.
View attachment 5511825
(images taken from another guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ol-based-on-realme-ui-2-0-android-11.4306223/)
Wow
So clear !
Thank you so much ❤️❤️🥰🥰
Great explanation

BenVito

Aug 29, 2013
Hi

the following screen on the phone should look like this:View attachment 5511823

4. after all this, and your phone is detected in fastboot, you can now type fastboot flashing unlock . follow the prompt on the phone interface, press the volume down button to select unlock, and then press the power button to confirm. After selecting UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER, the phone will restore the factory settings and restart to the language selection interface. You are now ready to begin the switch from cn to eu rom process.
View attachment 5511825
Hi, sorry noob question.. im on ui3 cn domestic rom, is there a local install rom to downgrade to ui2? I tried the a24 rom but it says failed to verify, package not compatible..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-19-23-55-55-23_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-19-23-55-55-23_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 24

BenVito

Aug 29, 2013
Hi again, i redownloaded it, but still verification failed.. do i need to extract the file? I only want to downgrade it for the time being.. so that voWifi and volte works..

Jan 19, 2022
Hi again, i redownloaded it, but still verification failed.. do i need to extract the file? I only want to downgrade it for the time being.. so that voWifi and volte works..
I downloaded A27 and A24 . Give me verification faild ! Also I extracted them give me this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-20-06-08-06-90_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-20-06-08-06-90_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 13

Some 1

Jan 21, 2022
Hi
I really need your help
I managed to install the global ROM from twrp but I can't get inside Google apps because my device is not play protect issues
No matter what I did
Please help me out
Or give me any easy way to go back to China ROM

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-21-00-05-25-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-21-00-05-25-28.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 28

kjpern

Jan 8, 2022
Realme GT
Hi
I really need your help
I managed to install the global ROM from twrp but I can't get inside Google apps because my device is not play protect issues
No matter what I did
Please help me out
Or give me any easy way to go back to China ROM
How to fix “Device is not Play Protect certified” error
Get your Device ID. This is a 16-digit alphanumeric ID which you will need to certify your device with Google.

If you are still able to access the Play Store, install the Device ID app. If not, you can download the APK file here and install/sideload it on your device.

Go to Google’s Device Registration page here and paste/type your Google Services Framework ID on the Android ID box and tap Register.

After registering, you may enter your Google credentials on the Play Store. And you might as well reboot your device for good measure.

after that clean data for google play ... and reboot your device and done

From the end of this thread

yudati

Aug 2, 2015
Hi
Is there any way to upgrade to UI 3.0 ?
I don't see the option to sign up the trial version on the setting

Screenshot_2022-01-21-13-22-32-57.jpg
Screenshot_2022-01-21-10-36-36-20.jpg

Top Liked Posts