• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TWRP isn't asking for my password

Search This thread

nohart

On my Nexus 6P I am using TWRP - twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img I went from DerpFest (which was not encrypted) to a clean install of Evolution X (both Android 10) and now after install I went back to recovery to get root using Magisk and I see that my phone has been encrypted and TWRP doesn't ask for any credentials and only shows internal storage as encrypted folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? Can I get root with Magisk using OTG? I am not sure how it will install with the encryption and I don't want to brick the phone.

Update: Ok I was able to use OTG with a USB to load Magisk.zip and get root. But when I boot to TWRP it doesnt ask me for any passwords or credentials. So I don't know how I can remove the internal storage encryption.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShahmeerYAqoob

ttocs99

On my Nexus 6P I am using TWRP - twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img I went from DerpFest (which was not encrypted) to a clean install of Evolution X (both Android 10) and now after install I went back to recovery to get root using Magisk and I see that my phone has been encrypted and TWRP doesn't ask for any credentials and only shows internal storage as encrypted folders. Does anyone know how to fix this? Can I get root with Magisk using OTG? I am not sure how it will install with the encryption and I don't want to brick the phone.

Update: Ok I was able to use OTG with a USB to load Magisk.zip and get root. But when I boot to TWRP it doesnt ask me for any passwords or credentials. So I don't know how I can remove the internal storage encryption.
Format data but you will loose everything.

nohart

Format data but you will loose everything.

Ya and I take the chance after spending hours re-installing the rom that it just gets encrypted again. Right now I have root and the phone is working fine. The only part as far as I can tell that is encrypted is the Internal Storage. The problem is that when I boot into TWRP it isn't asking for a password or my swipe pattern and if I go to the terminal in TWRP and type - twrp decrypt <your password> doesn't work either. I even tried - default_password and that doesn't work either.

Last edited:

ttocs99

Ya and I take the chance after spending hours re-installing the rom that it just gets encrypted again. Right now I have root and the phone is working fine. The only part as far as I can tell that is encrypted is the Internal Storage. The problem is that when I boot into TWRP it isn't asking for a password or my swipe pattern and if I go to the terminal in TWRP and type - twrp decrypt <your password> doesn't work either. I even tried - default_password and that doesn't work either.
Looks like a full wipe is in order. What ROM are you on?

Jun 8, 2017
Karachi
exactly same thing happened to me too and i tried everything, stuck

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

there must be some way to fix this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.