• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP][MAGISK][7.x-8.x]How to record smooth 60fps video with clear stereo sound[HEVC]

Search This thread

zeroday0

Apr 23, 2017
is there any module to fix slow motion on ggcam android Pie ? ( i'm using pixel experience for mido)

Sony98

Jul 4, 2016
If anyone is looking for latest Magisk mod for 60/90 fps gcam recording, here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RkHruqNGIKnkgfhX0B7BaeEGYc-airBc

It was updated in December, intended for Gcam (Ore/Pie). Also included 30fps viewfinder mod and mic fix for audio/video recording.
Remove old camera mods first if you are updating.

Source

Looks like really NOBODY is able to make a working version......
Not on any oreo (treble) rom i ever had the camera mods worked like they should.
With Google cam, it works, mic works, slow motion works but fast mo 90 and 120 fps doesnt work.
And the live video preview isnt smooth. it records smooth in 60 fps but live video isnt smooth.

the best i had was on Nougat, the official solution from the thread starter. There was everything working and nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: OverLord2901

yhjek

Nov 27, 2017
@rap1do: I updated MIUI to 10.2.3.0 before checking if this guide was already compatible with it. Now it doesn't work.
Did you find any solution for this version of MIUI?

Last edited:

st4ik

Aug 16, 2012
kielce
is there any working magisk module for recording videos at 60fps on android 10? I have tested all of them and only 30fps all the time

rap1do

May 16, 2017
Stephanakert
G Drive needs access.
But, I have a question. Does this instruction works well for android 12 custom ROM-s, or do I need to downgrade to stock MIUI 11 with android 7?
Please, answer and give us permission for files (maybe put it on a different host).
Check the link now.
I tested these files on my device( I use only officilal MIUI firmware)
Magisk files can be used on Oreo roms also.

Feb 13, 2021
Check the link now.
I tested these files on my device( I use only officilal MIUI firmware)
Magisk files can be used on Oreo roms also.
Wow! Thanks very much!
I'm impressed with this camera's capabilities! Audio is also great, better than ever. On custom ROM-s, the audio in the video is poor and bad as hell! This is the first time that this phone has recorded smooth video and audio.
I like an option to record front or back audio!
I do not know is this possible on some new custom ROM-s.
Again - thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED - NOW WITH STABLE 30/60/90/120 FPS IN LOW LIGHT CONDITIONS!

NOTE! YOUR DEVICE MUST HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! THIS INSTRUCTION ONLY FOR SNAPDRAGON VERSION PHONES!

Instruction for android nougat(TWRP):
    If you want to record smooth 60(90) fps fullhd and 120fps hd videos with clear stereo sound and stabilization, follow these several simple steps:
    1. Okay, it is supposed, that your device has unlocked bootloader, installed usb drivers and last fimware on android nougat or android oreo.
    First of all, go to camera settings and wipe all data from system camera app, then download all necessary files from my GoogleDrive folder "ALL TOOLS" HERE.
    Copy all files on your sd card except recovery.7z

2. Unpack recovery.7z on PC in any folder.
    Turn off your smartphone and enter fastboot mode(vol- and power on), connect your phone to PC and run boot_twrp.bat from "tools_r25.0.3-windows (2)" folder, follow instructions on the screen.
    Wait for running twrp. (TWRP recovery won't be flashed on your device!)
    P.S. Pass this step if u aready have flashed twrp recovery before it.

3. Tap install, and flash: Camera_2API_addon.zip => camera.zip => sound_fix_redmi_note4x_v1.zip=>BOLTiSHok_60-90_FPS_FHD_s5k3l8 & fiks cvet-90moto_60gcam&snap.zip(for samsung s5k3l8 sensor) or BOLTiSHok_superFPS.zip(for all types of camera sensor)=>( and MIUICameraBraviaV4.zip if you want replace miui stock camera app with modified one)
    back to previous menu and wipe dalvic/art and cache
    And finally DO NOT FORGET FLASH lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip !

Reboot your smartphone and enjoy smooth video 60 fps recording with clear stereo sound with snapdragon camera.
    Note. Your default media profiles will be replaced with modified ones and all camera apps now using h.265 codec with fix for sound recording.

P.S. And of course 60 fps recording requires a lot of light, so unfortunately you can not make a video inside buildings with low light.
    Also, I noticed some glitch, when i try to switch between 4k and 1080p mode with enabled stabilization, so i recommend to turn it off before changing resolution in video settings. + slow mo 720 p recording seems not working, but it works in miui camera

Okay, Now you can record with stable 30/60/90(for FULLHD)/120 fps(for HD) even in low light conditions!
    Original libs for turning back also added.

All video modes(for samsung sensor) atm are:

4K/1080p 30FPS
    FULLHD(60/90 FPS), HD(60/90/120 FPS), Front Camera(HD 60 FPS)
    SLOW MOTION: FULLHD(60/90 FPS), HD(60/90/120 FPS)
    , Front Camera(HD 60 FPS)
    Slow motion video sample in 1080p

Instruction for android oreo and android nougat for all sensors(MAGISK) without sound fix and snapdragon camera:
    Use magisk modules from my GoogleDrive folder "ALL TOOLS" HERE.
    There are 2 types of module:
    1) For Android Nougat and Oreo(non treble)
    2) For Oreo(treble)
    ======================================================================================================================================================
    Now u can record 60 fps video with GCAM

======================================================================================================================================================
    Warning! Upgrading your fimware is accompanied by erasing "/system" partition, therefore you have to repeat all steps from instruction again!

I am not the creator of these files, so here are some credits:
    Camera_2API_addon.zip credited with this post
    camera.zip credited with this post
    sound_fix_redmi_note4x_v1.zip credited with this post
    MIUICameraBraviaV4.zip credited with this post
    media_profiles.7z credited with this post
    BOLTiSHok_superFPSISO2.zip, BOLTiSHok_superFPS.zip and BOLTiSHok_60-90_FPS_FHD_s5k3l8 & fiks-60moto.zip credited with this post
    Magisk Modules from this post

All these files were tested on 9.5.8.0 ROM (MIUI GLOBAL 9.5)
    And remember , use it at your own risk!
    This are the two Magisk modules I use and which work with LOS 15.1.
    I use this GCam: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76520030&postcount=2291
    The second module with s5k3l8 is optional and only for camera with Samsung sensor.
    If anyone is looking for latest Magisk mod for 60/90 fps gcam recording, here's the download link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1RkHruqNGIKnkgfhX0B7BaeEGYc-airBc

It was updated in December, intended for Gcam (Ore/Pie). Also included 30fps viewfinder mod and mic fix for audio/video recording.
    Remove old camera mods first if you are updating.

Source
    ..I used Oreo new scheme in RR os treble official ..
    Dot os treble official
    in both ROM 60fps doesn't work...
    And then I tried multipro nougat (it works fine )
    Now I flashed RR Luis ROM(non-treble) ...still no luck I got up only 30fps
    ..the mod only works in Nougat..
    Any other step other than flashing magisk module
    If yes
    Pls tell me how to do it

Im currently using the mod on Omni ROM and it works fine (Oreo, non treble)
    I got the mod from 4pda not from OP. https://drive.google.com/open?id=17U3bwjBZCT-dx_hYAC6ZwyUy_qw91v42
    Feel free to try it, using with this gcam: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7.7.apk
    Im getting 59-60 fps in 1080p with HEVC enabled.
    Finally got courage to try this out and I'm really impressed! So much great work put into this - love it!
    Almost perfect result.
    Everything's working within the included Snapdragon PRO camera app.