How To Guide [TWRP] MI 11 (Pro/Ultra) (mars/star)

Search This thread

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
That is the EEA rom in actuality, not the Xiaomi.eu rom, which is a custom rom, minus China bloat, added features and Google services baked in.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
yes i know that, i dont want my mi 11 pro get brick after flash global rom
You won't get bricked from flashing a rom. MIUI was a third party software rom that made custom roms before they made phones. MIUI has always been about user customization, so it doesn't stand to reason that they would make something to brick a phone. If your phone ends up bricked, it's because you probably did something wrong.

simcold

Nov 15, 2011
photo1626559273.jpeg

simcold

Nov 15, 2011
Hello. i install this twrp on mi 11 pro. install xiaomi.eu set screen lock code and now this code not working on twrp and cant format data

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
This is what I am been trying to say, but the mods here at XDA removed my post. Decryption does not work. as long as you do not assign a password, pattern, pin, fp or face unlock, all works fine. However, as soon as you do and reboot to TWRP it fails to recognize your security code. There is a workaround supposedly, but your data cannot be decrypted.

Last edited:

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
For me the code works, I use a pattern
So do I, I have also used a pin, FP, face unlock and password and it has failed for me. If this version of TWRP actually worked properly, you wouldn't have people constantly complaing about their data not decrypting or publishing workarounds, like using OTG and copying the rom to DATA->SYSTEM->MEDIA->0 and flashing your OTA from there.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
I assume all these problems are for Xiaomi EU ROM right? Because I have none on global ROM. I even found a way to install OTA updates with stock app and keep magisk root

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
I assume all these problems are for Xiaomi EU ROM right? Because I have none on global ROM. I even found a way to install OTA updates with stock app and keep magisk root
It's not the rom, it's TWRP. The stock roms don't utilize TWRP for their OTAs. They use Xiaomi's own recovery for OTA upgrades, so it stands to reason that you would not notice the issue. It doesn't happen on my Mi 10 Pro or K20 Pro and both run Xiaomi.eu roms. However, phones (Mi 11 series) that run this new version of TWRP are having this issue. So it isn't the rom, but rather TWRP itself that isn't decrypting data because of an inability to verify your password.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I use a pin on my 11 ultra with EU ROM. No issues but I am using the twrp that came with a Chinese ap to install. I think this is from a different source than the one people are having trouble with. Mine was the unofficial, unofficial version. Happy to share but no promises, just because mine works, that doesn't mean your will or won't. https://mega.nz/file/vNg2gbiI#koHhBo6Kk5pvnZAcK84i-QgYlDKGg2oXmcb7QAG-HBg

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
No this IMG is one in the same as far as I can tell, With the installation app removed once the devs at Xiaomi.eu complained that the installation didn't fit their and basic TWRP standards, since it didn't work with basic ADB command's and had a sketchy app to install and wasn't very transparent.

cherri

May 20, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Please update the thread if new build is available, still the current version is unable to flash china beta recovery rom. Hope there will be a fix for this soon from the twrp dev.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Trouble is that as we all do things differently, it's hard to pin any issue root cause. Some use miflash or command prompt, some come from different ROMs when installing twrp or the ROM itself. All these variables make it hard to fathom out why. If it works, leave it. Don't mess and be thankful like me.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Please update the thread if new build is available, still the current version is unable to flash china beta recovery rom. Hope there will be a fix for this soon from the twrp dev.
If the directions are followed in can be flashed. It has to be done a little differently since, as I understand it, there technically isn't a traditional recovery partition in the Mi 11 Ultra, so the adb command <fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img> doesn't work.

cherri

May 20, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
If the directions are followed in can be flashed. It has to be done a little differently since, as I understand it, there technically isn't a traditional recovery partition in the Mi 11 Ultra, so the adb command <fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img> doesn't work.
I am talking about flashing miui china beta recovery rom via this twrp bro 😑

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[TWRP] MI 11 (Pro/Ultra) (mars/star)​

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and I am NOT taking credit for it. It was posted on eu site and I'm just sharing since there was no thread for twrp here on xda.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked.
    2. Install Xiaomi USB drivers.
    3. Enable Usb debugging from Settings - Additional settings - developer options.
    4. Download TWRP for Mi 11 (Pro/Ultra) , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    5. Put your phone into fastboot mode.
    6. Rename downloaded file to "twrp.img".
    7. Do the following command. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    8. If you get a screen asking for a pin, press 2nd option
    and change language to English then enter phone pin.
    9. Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    10. Go to "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    11. Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note

1) Don't change the boot slot, currently (Slot A) for most or your device will not boot at all.
    2) For user experiencing decrypt issue, you can try one of the methods below to enable decryption:
    a. Remove all your security eg. fingerprint, face unlock, pattern and leave ONLY pin. Reboot to twrp and try again.
    b. Reflash twrp.
    c. LAST RESORT! Format data and factory reset your device then reflash twrp.
    3. For user experiencing decrypt issue but just want to flash latest build:
    a. Boot to twrp > mount > mount usb storage then transfer your rom.zip to data/media/0
    b. Now go to install and look for rom.zip under data/media/0. Profit!
    4. The decrypt issue was a bug on the Chinese twrp, no update since may so don't ask for an ETA.

CHANGELOGS

07/18/21
    1) Additional instruction from scratch.
    2) Additional note for people having decrypt issue.

CTTO: xiaomi.eu, hoangsang
    The Chinese exe worked for me this morning but after I installed it the phone didn't want to boot and I got stuck in twrp for awhile
    Why did you install the Chinese exe?
    Hi,
    after a long day of learning the hard way (got stuck in Fastboot Loop) I am now on stable EU 12.5.7 (MI11 Ultra, EU phone). So far so good, but I was wondering, how can I make TWRP stuck to the phone, meaning, when I push the power button to have an option like: Boot into TWRP. Is that possible or is there a "click this button with this... trick"?

ATM, I can only get TWRP to work, when I enable it via PC, which is not good.

I am asking, because I have an old Oneplus 6, which has this option. TWRP is installed and I can boot directly to it, if I want to.

Can you please help me out? Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Germany
    Placebo
    Extended power menu in developer setting
    Hi,
    after a long day of learning the hard way (got stuck in Fastboot Loop) I am now on stable EU 12.5.7 (MI11 Ultra, EU phone). So far so good, but I was wondering, how can I make TWRP stuck to the phone, meaning, when I push the power button to have an option like: Boot into TWRP. Is that possible or is there a "click this button with this... trick"?

ATM, I can only get TWRP to work, when I enable it via PC, which is not good.

I am asking, because I have an old Oneplus 6, which has this option. TWRP is installed and I can boot directly to it, if I want to.

Can you please help me out? Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Germany
    Placebo
    Install TWRP zip through pc, boot into TWRP and then install TWRP img file while you are still in TWRP. it should stick..