• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How To Guide [TWRP] MI 11 (Pro/Ultra) (mars/star)

Search This thread

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Bro 😑🙄 recovery roms can't be flashed via mi flash tools and china beta roms doesn't come with fastboot file now. Only recovery rom which can be flashed via twrp only. I am talking about this
Bro, you install a stock rom via fastboot and you can install any recovery rom from Xiaomi using the recovery/update process provided by Xiaomi. It would be absolutely insane if a factory stock device couldn't upgrade itself. The absolutely only reason TWRP is necessary is if you either plan to root your phone, install a third party rom or both, but if you are planning to use stock, the recovery roms can be installed from within MIUI and the stock recovery process. If you got to Settings->My Device->MIUI Version and then the three dots in the upper right hand corner, you can choose a local recovery package. If this option is not available to you, just tap on the 12 a dozen times or so and it will activate that option. Then return to the three dots and the Local Upgrade option should be there. I have done this with the EEA and Global roms. Go to MiFirm.net for all the fastboot and recovery stock roms from Xiaomi.

cherri

May 20, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Bro, you install a stock rom via fastboot and you can install any recovery rom from Xiaomi using the recovery/update process provided by Xiaomi. It would be absolutely insane if a factory stock device couldn't upgrade itself. The absolutely only reason TWRP is necessary is if you either plan to root your phone, install a third party rom or both, but if you are planning to use stock, the recovery roms can be installed from within MIUI and the stock recovery process. If you got to Settings->My Device->MIUI Version and then the three dots in the upper right hand corner, you can choose a local recovery package. If this option is not available to you, just tap on the 12 a dozen times or so and it will activate that option. Then return to the three dots and the Local Upgrade option should be there. I have done this with the EEA and Global roms. Go to MiFirm.net for all the fastboot and recovery stock roms from Xiaomi.
Bro bro bro flashing official recovery rom via updater app damn dude you are in stone age it was disabled since long back man. Unless if you are a internal beta team person with internal beta permission you can use this option at all. Rignt now i am on china stable rom whenever we try to flash the china beta recovery rom via updater, Manual update process we will get a notification (this is Unofficial rom bla bla bla).I have tried already, here thing are changed I don't know when you have tried this updater process procedure but it doesn't work for normal users now. Even in my mi 11X pro also I have used TWRP only to flash china beta recovery rom.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
That's because of the limitations Xiaomi has on their program. You accuse me of being from the stone age, but did it ever occur to you that in order to flash a beta rom, you need to be part of the beta program, when it comes to the stock Chinese rom? Install Xiaomi.eu rom is your answer if you want the beta. Their weekly is based on the China beta weekly with Google (full) services added. It therefore has all the features of the China beta rom not yet available in any stable rom. That being said, if you were part of the beta program, you would be installing the OTA via the way I previously described. I know having been part of their beta programs in the past. They used to have a beta program for their global rom, but no longer do that. So if you want to install a beta rom and aren't in the program, you can't. When you are accepted into a beta program, your Mi account, which is associated with your device, is placed in a group. Information about that group is placed in the installation script and unless you know how to edit that script, it will always give you errors. Just download the Xiaomi.eu weekly as they have already done that for you so that you can use the China beta roms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[TWRP] MI 11 (Pro/Ultra) (mars/star)​

WARNING : I do not know who made this TWRP and I am NOT taking credit for it. It was posted on eu site and I'm just sharing since there was no thread for twrp here on xda.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked.
    2. Install Xiaomi USB drivers.
    3. Enable Usb debugging from Settings - Additional settings - developer options.
    4. Download TWRP for Mi 11 (Pro/Ultra) , and put it in your fastboot folder.
    5. Put your phone into fastboot mode.
    6. Rename downloaded file to "twrp.img".
    7. Do the following command. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    8. If you get a screen asking for a pin, press 2nd option
    and change language to English then enter phone pin.
    9. Change language to English (press the 6th option).
    10. Go to "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
    11. Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Note

1) Don't change the boot slot, currently (Slot A) for most or your device will not boot at all.
    2) For user experiencing decrypt issue, you can try one of the methods below to enable decryption:
    a. Remove all your security eg. fingerprint, face unlock, pattern and leave ONLY pin. Reboot to twrp and try again.
    b. Reflash twrp.
    c. LAST RESORT! Format data and factory reset your device then reflash twrp.
    3. For user experiencing decrypt issue but just want to flash latest build:
    a. Boot to twrp > mount > mount usb storage then transfer your rom.zip to data/media/0
    b. Now go to install and look for rom.zip under data/media/0. Profit!
    4. The decrypt issue was a bug on the Chinese twrp, no update since may so don't ask for an ETA.

CHANGELOGS

07/18/21
    1) Additional instruction from scratch.
    2) Additional note for people having decrypt issue.

CTTO: xiaomi.eu, hoangsang
    The Chinese exe worked for me this morning but after I installed it the phone didn't want to boot and I got stuck in twrp for awhile
    Why did you install the Chinese exe?
    Hi,
    after a long day of learning the hard way (got stuck in Fastboot Loop) I am now on stable EU 12.5.7 (MI11 Ultra, EU phone). So far so good, but I was wondering, how can I make TWRP stuck to the phone, meaning, when I push the power button to have an option like: Boot into TWRP. Is that possible or is there a "click this button with this... trick"?

ATM, I can only get TWRP to work, when I enable it via PC, which is not good.

I am asking, because I have an old Oneplus 6, which has this option. TWRP is installed and I can boot directly to it, if I want to.

Can you please help me out? Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Germany
    Placebo
    Extended power menu in developer setting
    Hi,
    after a long day of learning the hard way (got stuck in Fastboot Loop) I am now on stable EU 12.5.7 (MI11 Ultra, EU phone). So far so good, but I was wondering, how can I make TWRP stuck to the phone, meaning, when I push the power button to have an option like: Boot into TWRP. Is that possible or is there a "click this button with this... trick"?

ATM, I can only get TWRP to work, when I enable it via PC, which is not good.

I am asking, because I have an old Oneplus 6, which has this option. TWRP is installed and I can boot directly to it, if I want to.

Can you please help me out? Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Germany
    Placebo
    Install TWRP zip through pc, boot into TWRP and then install TWRP img file while you are still in TWRP. it should stick..