Mar 29, 2016
TWRP For Moto G5s Montana

Requirements
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Fastboot drivers installed on PC

Instructions:
Download the TWRP image here: LINK
Rename the downloaded img file recovery.img
Put phone into fastboot mode (hold vol down + power button).
Connect phone to PC.
Open a command prompt where you have fastboot and the TWRP image file located.
Type the following in command prompt (recovery.img is the name of your twrp img you downloaded & renamed).

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Normal output:
Code:
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (14542 KB)...
OKAY [  0.460s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt
OKAY [  0.270s]
finished. total time: 0.730s
Select recovery using the volume keys and power button to select.

Note for Windows 10 users who use the powershell and not cmd
The command will become:
Code:
./ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Source Code:
Github

Contributors
@teamwin @sohamlad7 @GoldeneyeS2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: TWRP 3.2.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-24

Created 2018-03-24
Last Updated 2018-03-24

Last edited:

lohanbarth

Mar 20, 2012
la Valette
forum.xda-developers.com
Hello, here is a new version of the twrp arm / arm64.

twrp.fstab file modification

old twrp.fstab

HTML:
/system       ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
/system_image emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
/data         f2fs          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata       flags=encryptable=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/metadata
/keymaster    emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster
/cache        auto          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cache
/boot         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot
/recovery     emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery       flags=backup=1
/oem          ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem            flags=backup=1;display="OEM"
/persist      ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist        flags=fsflags=noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,noauto_da_alloc;mounttodecrypt
/firmware     ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem          flags=fsflags=ro,nosuid,nodev,barrier=0;mounttodecrypt
/misc         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc

/external_sd  auto          /dev/block/mmcblk1p1  /dev/block/mmcblk1     flags=display="MicroSD Card";storage;wipeingui;removable;fsflags="utf8"
/usb-otg      auto          /dev/block/sda1  /dev/block/sda              flags=display="USB-OTG";storage;wipeingui;removable;fsflags="utf8"

new twrp.fstab

HTML:
/data         f2fs          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata       flags=encryptable=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/metadata
/recovery     emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery       flags=backup=1
/vendor       ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem            flags=backup=1;display="Vendor";backup=1;wipeingui
/persist      ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist        flags=fsflags=noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,noauto_da_alloc;mounttodecrypt
/firmware     ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem          flags=fsflags=ro,nosuid,nodev,barrier=0;mounttodecrypt
/efs1         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1       flags=backup=1;display="EFS"
/efs2         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2       flags=backup=1;subpartitionof=/efs1
/logo         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/logo           flags=display="logo";backup=1;flashimg=1

/external_sd  auto          /dev/block/mmcblk1p1  /dev/block/mmcblk1     flags=display="MicroSD Card";storage;wipeingui;removable;fsflags="utf8"
/usb-otg      auto          /dev/block/sda1  /dev/block/sda              flags=display="USB-OTG";storage;wipeingui;removable;fsflags="utf8"
I'm no longer this model for now because I gave it to my wife, if anyone can try it. But it should work properly
link AFH > https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=746163614322269316

Last edited:

tafiir

Jul 4, 2018
Hello,

if I try to boot twrp without flashing it using
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
it gets stuck on the twrp splash screen. Do you know why this does not work? Flashing and booting after flashing works perfectly btw, but I'd like to be able to backup my stock recovery for ota updates.

vaserbanix

Nov 12, 2010
Bucharest
Hello,

if I try to boot twrp without flashing it using
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
it gets stuck on the twrp splash screen. Do you know why this does not work? Flashing and booting after flashing works perfectly btw, but I'd like to be able to backup my stock recovery for ota updates.

whay you whant to backup your stok recovery?
you can flash it on the phone any time with fastboot/mfastboot comand's
just remember wich stok rom you used last time and flash the propper recovery from it!

Thankyou!

1ZeeN

Sep 8, 2016
What is the difference of this version and Squid ?? I've flashed the Squid last week, and I can flash this over the Squid ?

Apr 30, 2019
going to stock rom instead of twrp

Flashed twrp successfully. But whenever I try to access the recovery the next time, it is going to stock recovery instead of twrp.
If I flash it again, I could access TWRP at that time. But if I reboot to system and try again, stock recovery appears.
what should I do to flash it permenantly?

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 535822336 bytes
sending 'recovery' (15914 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.632s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.378s]
finished. total time: 1.068s

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Flashed twrp successfully. But whenever I try to access the recovery the next time, it is going to stock recovery instead of twrp.
If I flash it again, I could access TWRP at that time. But if I reboot to system and try again, stock recovery appears.
what should I do to flash it permenantly?

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 535822336 bytes
sending 'recovery' (15914 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.632s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.378s]
finished. total time: 1.068s
Can't you read?

"Image not signed or corrupt" make sure to only use signed and official versions of Twrp!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP For Moto G5s Montana

Requirements
    • Unlocked bootloader
    • Fastboot drivers installed on PC

Instructions:
    Download the TWRP image here: LINK
    Rename the downloaded img file recovery.img
    Put phone into fastboot mode (hold vol down + power button).
    Connect phone to PC.
    Open a command prompt where you have fastboot and the TWRP image file located.
    Type the following in command prompt (recovery.img is the name of your twrp img you downloaded & renamed).

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Normal output:
    Code:
    target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending 'recovery' (14542 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.460s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.270s]
    finished. total time: 0.730s
    Select recovery using the volume keys and power button to select.

Note for Windows 10 users who use the powershell and not cmd
    The command will become:
    Code:
    ./ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Source Code:
    Github

Contributors
    @teamwin @sohamlad7 @GoldeneyeS2

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: TWRP 3.2.1-0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-24

Created 2018-03-24
    Last Updated 2018-03-24
    Hello, here is a new version of the twrp arm / arm64.

twrp.fstab file modification

old twrp.fstab

HTML:
    /oem          ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem            flags=backup=1;display="OEM"

new twrp.fstab

HTML:
    /vendor       ext4          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem            flags=backup=1;display="Vendor";backup=1;wipeingui
    /efs1         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1       flags=backup=1;display="EFS"
    /efs2         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2       flags=backup=1;subpartitionof=/efs1
    /logo         emmc          /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/logo           flags=display="logo";backup=1;flashimg=1

I'm no longer this model for now because I gave it to my wife, if anyone can try it. But it should work properly
    link AFH > https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=746163614322269316
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone