TWRP not mounting /system on startup

Search This thread

Aaron.Browne

May 10, 2011
[SOLVED] My LG v10 is in a bit of hiccup because of this. I have tried multitude of things with still no solution.

I have attempted to go into the mount of menu of TWRP and mount the system, after mounting I have tried everything from reinstalling a rom, wiping it, resizing, restarting to system, a few terminal commands, and they all lead to same exact scenario. The phone restarting, flashing the lg logo for half second than going to "this device software cant be checked for corruption" yellow triangle screen till TWRP comes up.

I have also tried 3 different versions of TWRP, installing kdz files, using an lg bridge/up update, and also some prayer. The only thing that has ever gotten me close to getting this baby back into shape was the lg bridge software update in download mode. Brought it to full startup from system but than ended on a white screen asking for a password 30/30 attempts to get into the phone, and I don't have encryption and even if i did it would be gone after the numerous factory resets and data wipes.

Are there anymore possibilities for me to try? The problem seems to be the system partition not mounting in most cases but I seem to have a reached a dead end.

Edit 1 w/Solution:
What ended up solving the problem (bad firmware, anti-rollback stopped me from going to a good one) was the following post by tungkick (THANKS TUNGKICK), once I got the microsd card ready and in the v10 I than put the phone in download mode (volume up + battery + usb to comp).

From there I used the lg bridge tool to detect the phone and than update back to stock. The key thing is i didn't chose the regular update option I chose the option on the bottom right (of my lg bridge application) that said update without error recovery I believe (sorry updating this away from home so I can't remember exactly). Once the update was done there was no screen with asking for a password, no bootloop, and so far no problems with the stock software.

Hopefully this is helpful one day to someone with a bricked v10 and almost gave up hope like me.

Last edited:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
That happened to me when I tried rooting, I flashed the latest official kdz (select update) to get the official stock rom again

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Aaron.Browne

May 10, 2011
That happened to me when I tried rooting, I flashed the latest official kdz (select update) to get the official stock rom again

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Tried that and flashing tot files, feel like I cant do much unless I can install the /system partition on start up or get through the anti rollback settings.

As of now I can use twrp fine and get in download mode. But that seems to be it :(