TWRP OR CWM Recovery?

Search This thread

chrischa

Mar 13, 2011
i dont know if twrp has the same possibilities to flash zip files. i personally prefer cwm, who cares about 3 min time to create a backup and about touch support, its a recovery and not a launcher :D

Reactions: Sadvance

b3dna

Jan 25, 2013
Šaliningrad
i dont know if twrp has the same possibilities to flash zip files. i personally prefer cwm, who cares about 3 min time to create a backup and about touch support, its a recovery and not a launcher :D
Yes TWRP can flash zip, even use internal(varun modifications) and external storage. Both arey quite good, but I like that touch control more :D

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
So let me get this straight! If you are on stock kernel, you cant have permanent recovery. U need to change kernal for getting permanent recovery enabled. Am I right ?

Yes.

On some phones there is possibility to install custom recovery separate from kernel, but on out phone recovery and kernel are on the same partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Starting from Varun kernel, ThynderZap 4.1, thanks for Varun :), wich recovery is the best for our phones?

And, WHY?

PS:I'm read some topics from Nexsus, but we must have our the\read for many newbie users.

In our case, TWRP have support for internal and external SD. Touch support. I think it backed up faster, CWM around 10 min, TWRP 6-7.
    If i flash my original FW, will the CWM is missing?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Yes, you will have stock kernel then, and all stock in its partition includin recovery.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone