General [TWRP] [ORANGEFOX] [UNOFFICIAL] [ROSEMARY] [BETA] TWRP 3.5.2 and TWRP 3.6+ for Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s

Search This thread

B4rabbas

Nov 15, 2021
Nice, it's beta 2
to apply encrypt patch, you must decrypt first.
So
- you have to disable security password/fingerprint in your parameter first.
- then reboot in recovery
- format data
- reboot again to recovery and apply patch.
Hello, by my side it don't work.
Every time I got
Code:
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip
Updating partition detail...
...done
I've wiped data from TWRP 2 times before, fingerprint isn't activated (neither lockscreen nor pin).
Any idea ?

By the way, with the vbmeta we got here, it should be useless to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1 ?
Or maybe I've missed something ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Every time I got
Code:
...done
I've wiped data from TWRP 2 times before, fingerprint isn't activated (neither lockscreen nor pin).
Any idea ?

By the way, with the vbmeta we got here, it should be useless to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1 ?

Thanks.
Use latest TWRP for Good

J6idot

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
Samsung Galaxy J6
Redmi Note 10S
Every time I got
Code:
...done
Any idea ?

Thanks.
why are you flashing the no-verity zip file? you don't need that

oh and the latest twrp is in our telegram group

Reactions: B4rabbas

lelepo

Nov 20, 2021
hi i want to change my redmi note 10s miui to global version
can this twrp do that and work?

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
oh thanks i found the rom how do i flash the global miui rom
there are no details there
Click the 'flashing guide' button ... right next to the 'download full rom' button... from the link I gave you previously, it tells you all you need to know there, including all the files you need to download to do so. If you're not seeing a list of roms to download then go here:

... and pick redmi note 10s as the device, which will take you to the page.

lelepo

Nov 20, 2021
Click the 'flashing guide' button ... right next to the 'download full rom' button... from the link I gave you previously, it tells you all you need to know there, including all the files you need to download to do so. If you're not seeing a list of roms to download then go here:

... and pick redmi note 10s as the device, which will take you to the page.
oh i tried that mi flash tool method so many many times it failed everytime everytime it ended in 1 second when i clicked flash and said succeeded i tried this method on my another mi phone too
but failed too then i ended up installing orange fox recovery and change my miui version
but for redmi note 10s there is no orange fox
no twrp then i found this one 😭😭😭

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
If you follow the guide on there to the letter it's almost impossible it will fail. Sounds like perhaps you were trying to flash the wrong type rom, the bootloader wasn't unlocked for the combo of phone/rom you were trying to flash, the file extension was incorrect when flashing, your cable isn't a data cable just a power one, correct drivers aren't installed, or your device is fake.

If it just said 'succeeded' after 1 second it doesn't sound like you followed the guide on their site, as it would take a minimum of 3-4mins to flash a clean rom successfully.

Use the original cable that came with your device, charge it up fully, confirm the bootloader is unlocked, etc. Follow their guide exactly and do EVERY step, don't skip any steps even if you think you already have that software installed, and you'll be successful.

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
If you follow the guide on there to the letter it's almost impossible it will fail. Sounds like perhaps you were trying to flash the wrong type rom, the bootloader wasn't unlocked for the combo of phone/rom you were trying to flash, the file extension was incorrect when flashing, your cable isn't a data cable just a power one, correct drivers aren't installed, or your device is fake.

If it just said 'succeeded' after 1 second it doesn't sound like you followed the guide on their site, as it would take a minimum of 3-4mins to flash a clean rom successfully.

Use the original cable that came with your device, charge it up fully, confirm the bootloader is unlocked, etc. Follow their guide exactly and do EVERY step, don't skip any steps even if you think you already have that software installed, and you'll be successful.
It just means the rom is in path that is too long. Make sure the main rom folder is not in another folder. Just leave it on the desktop for safety measures. Also, be sure that you have selected ONLY flash all at the bottom of the flash tool screen. It defaults to flash and lock which will relock your bootloader, which in turn will prevent you from booting the global rom.

quackoducko

Nov 10, 2021
Sadly, magisk manager for recovery slaps me with a ERROR 1, both on SDcard and internal storage, still very good and aslong as it can backup I'm fine with it being in beta!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @miravision I think we should also add credits to people like @J6idot , @mastersenpai05 and Myst33d who did a great job helping building twrp.
    Hello. As one of the developpers of this TWRP DT, I am not really OK with that.

Firstly, you linked the wrong device tree Real link here

Also, I didn't published this on XDA because this TWRP is still in BETA. And it contains major bugs, like flashing dynamic partitions in fastbootd. Even if bugs will me fixed, I was planning to wait a release candidate before publishing the release here (this will require even more testing, if people want to help us testing, this will be even better).

So please, can you delete this or add clear warnings about the beta state?

Regards, Woomy
    WARNING: THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL BETA MEANT FOR DEVELOPERS AND TESTERS NOT AS DAILY DRIVER

Caution: Android 11 builds are incompatible with Android 12. Beware!

Credits:

@Woomymy
    @J6idot
    @mastersenpai05
    @myst33d
    https://github.com/notmyst33d

Developers WoomyMy, J6idot , mastersenpai05 and Myst33d have helped develop an unofficial TWRP for rosemary - xiaomi redmi note 10s

Installation Video:

Code:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/f4zcls9sgi3nkoj/352+redmi+note+10s.rar/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p3zhivru97bdlke/no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.1.zip/file

Since this is not yet official, only proceed if you are competent enough and brave.

(If you need instructions on how to flash, please do not flash this with fastboot method)

Feel free to discuss any bugs or issues and fixes so that everybody can benefit from our findings.

TWRP 3.6+ Development Build status, fixes, bugs and downloads: [here]

NameModified
    Beta-07-11-30-202112/17/2021

🗞 Changelog
    • Sync TWRP sources (Version number updated to 3.6.0)
    • Symlink /dev/block/bootdevice -> /dev/block/platform/bootdevice (required by some scripts like OrangeFox installer)
    • Allow flashing VBMeta
    • Disable "Reflash TWRP after flashing ROM". (Causes AVB problem when installing MIUI, can still be done manually)
    • Build ZIP TWRP installer
    • Publish build logs for more transparency
    🐛 Known bugs
    • Mounting Adopted storage
    • Vibrator

NameModified
    RC-01-01-09-20221/9/2022

🗞 Changelog
    • Fix Bootctrl
    • Fix vibrator
    🐛 Known bugs
    • Mounting Adopted storage

TWRP Version 3.6.1_11-1​

NameModified
    TWRP-3.6.1_11-1 3/13/2022

🗞 Changelog
    • Fix BootCTRL
    • Update TWRP sources
    • Fix vibrator
    • Enable DT2W in recovery

Install instructions​

Without TWRP/OrangeFox​

Note: You need a copy of your ROM boot.img
    This device DOES NOT support fastboot boot twrp.img
    1. Reboot your phone into fastboot mode
    2. Download Blank VBmeta and flash it using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    3. Next, download TWRP .IMG file and flash it using fastboot flash boot IMAGE_NAME.img
    4. Reboot into recovery mode (fastboot reboot recovery)
    5. When booted into recovery, reflash stock boot.img (Install -> Install Image -> Select stock boot.img -> “Flash to: Boot”)
    6. Next, go in Advanced -> Flash current TWRP and swipe to flash TWRP.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!

With TWRP/OrangeFox​

1. Download TWRP .ZIP installer and flash in recovery

TWRP Version 3.6.2_11-1​

NameModified
    TWRP-3.6.2_11-1 6/14/2022

🗞 Changelog
    • Sync TWRP sources

Orangefox Recovery Version R11.1_1-Beta​

NameModified
    OrangeFox-R11.1_1-Beta3/13/2022

🗞 Changelog
    • Fix BootCTRL
    • Update OrangeFox sources
    • Fix vibrator
    • Enable DT2W in recovery
    • Update Magisk OrangeFox addon to 24.2

Install instructions​

Without TWRP/OrangeFox​

Note: You need a copy of your ROM boot.img
    This device DOES NOT support fastboot boot twrp.img
    1. Reboot your phone into fastboot mode
    2. Download Blank VBmeta and flash it using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    3. Next, download OrangeFox .IMG file and flash it using fastboot flash boot IMAGE_NAME.img
    4. Reboot into recovery mode (fastboot reboot recovery)
    5. When booted into recovery, reflash stock boot.img (Select stock boot.img -> “Flash to: Boot”)
    6. Next, go in Menu -> Flash current OrangeFox and swipe to flash OrangeFox.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!
    8. To get Fox addons working, you need to reflash OrangeFox .zip file

With TWRP/OrangeFox​

1. Download OrangeFox .ZIP installer and flash in recovery
    MIUI13-ready builds are in testing and will be released asap, but I will need to make clear informations about which TWRP verskon people should install. ALSO, DONT try to boot a11 twrp on a12, this will just cause bootloop (and don't try a11 kernel on a12, it will just "panic at the disco")
    Totally according with you tbh, this is irritating imo. TBH I would've liked to make my own threads for Ofox and TWRP after reaching a "stable" state (like now), but well I know some peoples prefer getting something quickly, even if it's not stable.

Also, event if I didn't made them, I think you should stop posting ArrowOS builds without even listing bugs or giving credits to the developper (Myst33d).

Btw @miravision, please check your DMs, thanks.