[TWRP][osprey] TWRP for Moto G 2015

Search This thread

Frmg

Feb 7, 2020
The latest TWRP for our device is 3.3.1-0 from the official website
3.2.3-r1 is an unofficial build and is an old version also. You are not running the latest version.
I think you should download and install twrp from the official website.

Is possible flash an TWRP official version not developed for a specific device? What about bugs and corruption?

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Is possible flash an TWRP official version not developed for a specific device? What about bugs and corruption?

No. Only flash a version of TWRP that has been specifically compiled for your device.
You may brick your device by flashing a version of TWRP that has not been specifically compiled for your device.

Sent from my Nvidia Shield Tablet using XDA Labs

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
What is osprey and merlin? Which one is my device?

Regular and turbo. You can check model number of your device by looking at the stickers on the battery (assuming original battery) or booting into bootloader where it is on the main page or in the "barcodes" section. Then check on line. If it's not turbo it's probably Osprey.

Reactions: 0anas0

0anas0

Aug 19, 2019
Help

Regular and turbo. You can check model number of your device by looking at the stickers on the battery (assuming original battery) or booting into bootloader where it is on the main page or in the "barcodes" section. Then check on line. If it's not turbo it's probably Osprey.

I was flashing crDroid 7.1.2 Osprey. While flashing the ROM using twrp, it was successful but when I try to flash gapps arm 7.1, there's an error. It shows that I should download an android 6.0 gapps. Im on stock 6.0. what should I do?

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I was flashing crDroid 7.1.2 Osprey. While flashing the ROM using twrp, it was successful but when I try to flash gapps arm 7.1, there's an error. It shows that I should download an android 6.0 gapps. Im on stock 6.0. what should I do?

There have been recent reports in some ROM threads about issues with the Gapps packages. For instance I'm running the July 3 Osprey build which was flashed with June 30 gapps just fine but people attempting to run the same ROM with newer gapps are having issues. Also occurring on other devices. You could try an older gapps package or go back to your last good combination until gapps is sorted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0anas0

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
It seems that the transition to the new forum broke the download links. I made a copy of most (all?) files for myself and hosted them at the Internet Archive.
Download speeds won't be super fast, but these mirrors should be online for a long time.

eboelens

Jul 17, 2013
lier
ASUS ZenFone 8
recovery not work

I flashed the latest official recovery from twrp.me but i can not boot into recovery (android logo / no command)
any idea ?

[email protected] ~ % fastboot flash recovery /Users/eboelens/Downloads/twrp-3.4.0-0-osprey.img
(bootloader) has-slot:recovery: not found
(bootloader) is-logical:recovery: not found
Sending 'recovery' (7450 KB) OKAY [ 0.238s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.673s]
Finished. Total time: 0.956s
[email protected] ~ % fastboot reboot
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.006s
[email protected] ~ %

sorry it is solved
keycombination before boot and twrp runs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my version of TWRP built for the 2015 Moto G. It should work fine, but using it is a try at your own risk procedure. Your bootloader must be unlocked to use this recovery. Fastboot mode is used to flash or boot this recovery. To enter fastboot mode, turn off your device, hold PWR and VolDn for 3 seconds, then let go.

Differences between upstream TWRP and my fork:
    • My original green theme
    • No SuperSU
    • No TWRP app
    • No HTC Dumlock cruft
    • Updated pigz compressor (slightly faster and more tolerant of corruption)

To temporarily boot this recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To permanently flash it:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

The download is up on the downloads tab.

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP for Moto G 2015 (osprey), Tool/Utility for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/sultanqasim/android_device_motorola_osprey/tree/twrp

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.2.3-r1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-16

Created 2015-08-02
    Last Updated 2018-08-16
    Squid TWRP 3.0.2-r5

I've posted a new TWRP build with improved Nougat compatibility and many small updates from upstream. The download is up on the downloads tab as usual.
    Squid TWRP 3.1.1-r3

I've posted a new TWRP build with some minor changes. The main one is that TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS is set to improve compatibility with Oreo ROMs, as requested by @Alberto97. There are also some minor bug fixes from upstream.
    Squid TWRP 3.1.1-r1

I've rebased my TWRP fork on the latest upstream release. It brings miscellaneous bug fixes from upstream. As usual, the download is on the downloads tab.

I've also updated the kernel with recent security and bug fix patches - I'm in the process of bringing my "Squid Kernel" project back up to date. A new Squid Kernel release will probably come some time next week.
    Squid TWRP 3.2.1-r1

I've posted an updated build of my TWRP fork. It brings bug fixes related to the ADB backup feature, and also executes automated recovery scripts (such as wipe and update commands) without first waiting for the user to enter a decryption password. As usual, the download is on the downloads tab.