after researching I used potatoNV to change the bootloader code
and SKR Tools to unlock bootloader and install twrp but i couldn't acces twrp via the phone. i locked back the bootloader with skr tools and now i can't get back to android, the phone is stuck on the " your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted. your device is booting now... " page, i left it like this for the nignt and it's not booting. I can't turn it off, My pc is not seeing it when pluged and I unpluged the battery for ten minutes but it's doing the same after replugging it .
OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x with decryption support.
Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).
[COLOR="red"][B]WARNING:[/B] since 3.1.0-2 update we've enabled image flashing to special partitions -
not just /recovery or /boot partition.
That means your device could be bricked in a few seconds if you do not pay attention
or don't know what you're doing. (Noobs please stay away out of this section!)[/COLOR]
1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-venus.img
3. reboot to recovery!
[B][U]1. Official SuperSU (not just 2.82+)[/U][/B]
1. Ensure you are running emui 5.x stock kernel
2. Tick the option "Keep vendor partition mounted" inside OpenKirin Settings
3. download and install [URL="www.supersu.com/download"]official SuperSU[/URL]
[B][U]2. Custom SuperSU[/U][/B]
1. Make sure the device running stock EMUI 5.x boot.img
2. flash this modded SuperSU 2.79: [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxWP2gF_0Bd_UmQ2Zm9ZRGxBTUE"]download here[/URL]
3. enjoy root :)
[COLOR="red"][B]NOTE:[/B][/COLOR] this is for every device (except kirin 960 based) running emui 5.x without loop support.
1. ensure you are running a emui 5.x stock kernel
2. flash magisk
3. enjoy root & safetynet (read note)
[B][COLOR="red"]NOTE:[/COLOR][/B] Magisk Hide is a known problem on Huawei/Honor devices.
Make sure you are not rebooting/turning off your device with Magisk Hide enabled!
You may face a broken fingerprint scanner, do not worry,
simply disable magisk hide and reboot - fps works again!
Q: What's the code status?
A: 10. June 2017
Q: which P9 Lite models are supported?
A: every model should be supported.
Q: Can i use this TWRP with decrypted /data?
yes, you can! (have a look at the instructions in FAQ)
Q: Can i install LOS or AOSP based roms with this TWRP?
yes, you can! (please follow the installing procedure in the corresponding rom thread)
Q: Can i install Magisk?
A: Since 3.1.1-0 you are able to flash Magisk through TWRP (recovery kernel has been updated)
Q: Does official SuperSU work?
A: Yes, even though chainfire included a fix in his upcomming version,
you can use every version of it, just check the "Rooting Instructions" section.
Going back from decrypted -> encrypted?
1. Format /data inside of TWRP
2. Flash eRecovery & Kernel from your currently installed Stock ROM Build
3. Do a factory reset inside of eRecovery
5. Let device boot up
6. Install your current firmware hw_data package & SuperSU using TWRP again
Want to decrypt? No problem.
1. Format /data inside of TWRP
2. Flash a kernel with forceencrypt disabled
3. bootup your device
* Add support for NTFS formatted MicroSD crads or OTG drives
* Enabled direct image flashing to special partitions
(be careful when using it - one wrong klick means brick in a second!)
* TWRP is now compatible with AOSP based ROMS (LineageOS)
and decrypted Stock ROMS, transition from Stock to LOS is possible (encrypted -> decrypted).
* Correct versioning - Device version is now comming from the common base.
* 6250-common: switch to common base to ensure full support
* initial release
New Release is up! TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Huawei P9 Lite (vns)
* TWRP 3.1.1
* OpenKirin Edition with inbuilt Huawei device specific settings
* /vendor is now mounted by default and cannot be unmounted (unless you disable it in the settings) to prevent installation issues on multiple projects
* limited the backup partitions to /boot, /cache, /data, /system and /vendor to ensure a normal restorable os setup
* system and vendor images can now be flashed directly through TWRP ("System Image", "Vendor Image")
Update pushed, TWRP 3.1.0-2 released. Please read the warning below the project description!
This TWRP is now intercompatible between encrypted and decrypted /userdata and can be used for transition encrypted -> decrypted.
Even backups from decrypted can be restored on encrypted (and reversed) without data loss. This release is considered stable and fully working.
branding and stock things dont mattar,,, i read the OP clearly first,,, also read decryption support,,, just confirming that do it decrypt encrypted data or any other benefit than revolution recovery ??